Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

As a couple of extras.

For Qobuz you can enter the MD5 hash of your password, this does not work on the website only the API.

For Google you should enable 2fa and then assign an application password to your mood player. There is a link upmpdcli website I will try and dig up.

I think this is why the upmpdcli programmer tried to change the owner and permissions on the config file to the upmpdcli user. However that seemed to cause issues.

For Qobuz you can get the md5 checksum of your password from any Linux box by entering the below command , putting your password in. Note the -n so you don't get a CR hashed in. Its not great but makes me feel slightly better.

echo -n reallysecurepassword | md5sum
14128ce9d7573671f28e95987d19bd40

For Google App passwords try this link.
Sign in using App Passwords - Google Account Help

@Kent
Just realised that my still have not changed my password on this brand new build. :eek:

@FellowInstallers
Script worked fine for me, my advice for PI2 and PI3 is use wired connection to do the install and go and watch a movie or boxset. Stops you being premature in checking.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the tip about recovering the default playlist.

I tried to use the gmusic option under UPNP, but when I executed the script as instructed, I got Exception errors right after the message, "Collecting mock>=0.7.0 (from gmusicapi)" (see below).

I'm not a python person, so I wasn't sure whether these are fixable in the script or not.

I thought I saw that the optional gmusicapi was installed when I ran the build script. Just thought I'd pass this along. If I'm doing something wrong, please advise.

svkowalski

Hi,
In the mosbuild_worker.sh an error exist since the first release (at line 1102 for the last release) : (but this is a long process without we gain time !)
Code:
	echo "sudo pip install gmusicapi"
this just print to screen the command to install it
but you can install it after the installation process with the command :
Code:
sudo pip install gmusicapi

/////////////////////////

The items in red indicate some breakage somewhere in your build or config.

There should only be 1 MPD output on. This can be fixed by either toggling one of the DSP features on/off or by cmd: mpc enable only 1.

The other items indicate an error reading the hardware (ALSA) volume for your DAC. This should never occur.

-Tim
Hi @kit1cat,

The mpc command should not have to be run manually if the build was clean. Both the manual Build Recipe and the automated Image Builder include that command at the end of the step below.

STEP 9 - Alsaequal

Maybe try looking at /home/pi/mosbuild.log for any errors...

-Tim

in the mosbuild_worker.sh the command is not verified...
If mpd.service is not already launch (maybe take some time at the boot with some setups) the command fail.

Regards

Hi,
In the mosbuild_worker.sh an error exist since the first release (at line 1102 for the last release) : (but this is a long process without we gain time !)
Code:
	echo "sudo pip install gmusicapi"
this just print to screen the command to install it
but you can install it after the installation process with the command :
Code:
sudo pip install gmusicapi

/////////////////////////

in the mosbuild_worker.sh the command is not verified...
If mpd.service is not already launch (maybe take some time at the boot with some setups) the command fail.

Regards

Hi HeeBoo,

Possibly, but in mosbuild_worker.sh we have the code below. If someone can post this part of mosbuild.log that shows errors for "mpc outputs" then maybe the wait should be increased?

Another option is that I could add a check to moOde worker.php to verify/correct the output config during startup.

echo "** Wait 45 secs for moOde Startup to complete"
sleep 45

echo "** List MPD outputs"
mpc outputs
echo "** Enable only output 1"
mpc enable only 1

-Tim

Last edited:
Hi HeeBoo,

Possibly, but in mosbuild_worker.sh we have the code below. If someone can post this part of mosbuild.log that shows errors for "mpc outputs" then maybe the wait should be increased?

Another option is that I could add a check to moOde worker.php to verify/correct the output config during startup.

echo "** Wait 45 secs for moOde Startup to complete"
sleep 45

echo "** List MPD outputs"
mpc outputs
echo "** Enable only output 1"
mpc enable only 1

-Tim

A solution for not wait in any case (internet connection & mpd service), but not really cleanest solution, is to add (&modify) these lines to the rc-local.service :
Code:
After=network-online.target
Wants=network.target network-online.target mpd.service

Cheers

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Hello Tim!
Thank you for the latest release! been waiting for quite a while for that one :)
I have installed the latest version using the image builder, and everything seemed to go to plan with the pi rebooting several times, as I was watching the process using moslog.
After the final step, everything seemed to work fine and I was able to access the pi using the browser.
But then a problem arose: everytime I try to navigate between configuration windows (from source to network or any other option) the interface hangs, and then very briefly flashes (Had to slo mo film it to read it) "Reconnect system rebooting" and then back.
Any idea why that might be?
(attached pics below)
To be noted that any changes do not get saved anymore, And as such I am unable to mount my NAS drive nor a usb hard drive
Haji,
I also had this problem. It was nuts. Htop was showing a 'node' task for each time I clicked on the network button. I reran the mosbuild after flashing the SD card and went to bed. All good now.

I've built MoOde 4 GA successfully, it runs perfectly on my Pi, but I cannot get it to work with the official Touch screen. The whole process goes ok until I activate LocalUI then, after some seconds, I get a kernel panic. The only way out is to disconnect from power, then Moode boots, and after some seconds, I get the kernel panic again.

I have tried twice, with different SD cards, once building on the existing card, and once on a separate one. Same result.

Am I the only one? Anybody else has it working on Touch Screen?

JV

I got my install working last night and it was working fine, for a while. However whilst updating sources it crashed and then became non-functional. It now just boots up to either no display or a garbled display.

I backed up the image after I built it so I will flash it back to a microsd card again tonight and see if it is a persistent issue. Otherwise I will try building it again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 7.17.49 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 7.17.49 PM.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 268
I was able to get 4.0 up and running on my first attempt utilizing the script. What I have not been able to do is to get it to successfully connect to my FreeNas Server where all my music library resides. I am trying to connect via NFS utilizing the exact same settings and path that worked in 3.8 but still no joy. I also tried to connect via CIFS and the same thing. When I looked at the log it looks like it is inserting the word NAS to the mount path. Any suggestions?

HiFiberry dac+ pro and bluetooth

Follow up post
The porblem turned out to be the bluetooth option.
Do not turn the option on if you have the hifiberry Dac+ pro or it will cvarsh the system.
I had to disassemble the DAC form the rpi and uncheck the bluetooth speaker option and after a reboot, things were back to normal

Hello Tim!
Thank you for the latest release! been waiting for quite a while for that one :)
I have installed the latest version using the image builder, and everything seemed to go to plan with the pi rebooting several times, as I was watching the process using moslog.
After the final step, everything seemed to work fine and I was able to access the pi using the browser.
But then a problem arose: everytime I try to navigate between configuration windows (from source to network or any other option) the interface hangs, and then very briefly flashes (Had to slo mo film it to read it) "Reconnect system rebooting" and then back.
Any idea why that might be?
(attached pics below)
To be noted that any changes do not get saved anymore, And as such I am unable to mount my NAS drive nor a usb hard drive

I was able to get 4.0 up and running on my first attempt utilizing the script. What I have not been able to do is to get it to successfully connect to my FreeNas Server where all my music library resides. I am trying to connect via NFS utilizing the exact same settings and path that worked in 3.8 but still no joy. I also tried to connect via CIFS and the same thing. When I looked at the log it looks like it is inserting the word NAS to the mount path. Any suggestions?
I have my music shared via nfs from freenas no problems.

The only issue was having Nas in the Source name.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

That step can be done once LocalUI starts and I see the browser. But seconds after localUI starts, I get that error, and the whole system becomes unresponsive. The only thing I have managed to do is to connect through ssh and disable localui. Then the system works ok (without touchscreen, that is).

I installed a rpi3b with MoOde 4.0 yesterday and thought to try the local gui thing.

I attatched a monitor ,keyboard and mouse and booted up.
When up and running I used my w#Windows desktop to log into MoOde and set the localUI and then rebooted.
Looking at the monitor on the pi the Moode ui came up after a short time.
I do have a pi touchscreen I bought when they first came out but currently I have no idea what I have done with it. :eek: :rofl: (It's an age thing!)

Ronnie