Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

How to uninstall (remove) Baidu.com

aidu.com is Chinese search engine, and one of the biggest search engines in the world. In some cases it sets as default search engine in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer browsers. Of course, for non-Chinese users this is unwanted scenario. Baidu.com search cannot be called malicious or dangerous, but there are case when you want to remove it. There are several programs that can install Baidu.com search on your PC.

How to uninstall (remove) Baidu.com

aidu.com is Chinese search engine, and one of the biggest search engines in the world. In some cases it sets as default search engine in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer browsers. Of course, for non-Chinese users this is unwanted scenario. Baidu.com search cannot be called malicious or dangerous, but there are case when you want to remove it. There are several programs that can install Baidu.com search on your PC.

thanx

Hi Ian,

Reboot and then either post contents of moode.log or email it to me and I'll have a look.

cat /var/log/moode.log

Hi Tim,
All sorted, my own stupidity, when I have used Volumio the volume control did nothing, whereas with Moode it does!

Initial thoughts are very positive. I particularly like the very fast track access, with Volumio there was always a delay, I could shorten it by reducing the buffer size but still very noticeable.

Thanks for the offer of support.

Ian

hey

hi Tim and Heeboo

please find attached find two logs which were taken after airplay stops to play on RPI,
Also after waiting for a short while like few seconds, there is no option to select airplay again except we re power on the pi. Airplay freeze generally happens some 10 to 15 minutes into play.

there is also another thing observed if we are playing something thing via Bluetooth and we add a second device, and the second device is not playing anything then also the first device is still connected and no stream is heard from speakers but the phone shows its connected. in this case it should still play audio from the first source.

Attachments

• Moode Log 1.txt
    15.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Moode Log 2.txt
    15.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
hi Tim and Heeboo

please find attached find two logs which were taken after airplay stops to play on RPI,
Also after waiting for a short while like few seconds, there is no option to select airplay again except we re power on the pi. Airplay freeze generally happens some 10 to 15 minutes into play.

there is also another thing observed if we are playing something thing via Bluetooth and we add a second device, and the second device is not playing anything then also the first device is still connected and no stream is heard from speakers but the phone shows its connected. in this case it should still play audio from the first source.

Hi,

I don't see anything suspicious in the logs regarding Airplay.

- Symptom #1 "...after waiting for a short while like few seconds, there is no option to select airplay again except we re power on the pi"

Are you referring to the Airplay setting on Audio Config or an Airplay source selection on your client?

- Symptom #2 "...airplay freeze generally happens some 10 to 15 minutes into play..." suggests either a network issue or possibly shairport-sync crash.

When this happens run the command below to see if shairport-sync is still running

pgrep shairport-sync

As far as Bluetooth Speaker Sharing goes, I only test this using the IOS devices that I have and it works really well. After connecting both devices to Moode Bluetooth, either device can play a BT stream. The other device pops up a notification indicating that its stream has stopped and can be resumed by simply pressing Play.

I don't know how BT speaker sharing works on non IOS devices or whether they even support this capability.

-Tim

Hi,

I don't see anything suspicious in the logs regarding Airplay.

- Symptom #1 "...after waiting for a short while like few seconds, there is no option to select airplay again except we re power on the pi"

Are you referring to the Airplay setting on Audio Config or an Airplay source selection on your client?

- Symptom #2 "...airplay freeze generally happens some 10 to 15 minutes into play..." suggests either a network issue or possibly shairport-sync crash.

When this happens run the command below to see if shairport-sync is still running

pgrep shairport-sync

As far as Bluetooth Speaker Sharing goes, I only test this using the IOS devices that I have and it works really well. After connecting both devices to Moode Bluetooth, either device can play a BT stream. The other device pops up a notification indicating that its stream has stopped and can be resumed by simply pressing Play.

I don't know how BT speaker sharing works on non IOS devices or whether they even support this capability.

-Tim

Hi Tim,
When airplay stops to receive / play the songs on RPI. I generally just reboot it, - is there a solution for this.

Regarding checking if shairport is running, on the 6s iphone.. I can't see the airplay moode in selection. It only comes after hard reboot the RPI.

Reboot option from webpage doesn't seem to work well for me.

Is there any other upgrade patch for pi like how we update bios.

Hi Tim,
When airplay stops to receive / play the songs on RPI. I generally just reboot it, - is there a solution for this.

Regarding checking if shairport is running, on the 6s iphone.. I can't see the airplay moode in selection. It only comes after hard reboot the RPI.

It’s unlikely to be Moode, as there are so many people running it without fault. It’s not Windows, all your configuration is constrained by the app.

I have three devices running Moode, all of them use AirPlay at some stage and some can sit for a week without being used, then perform flawlessly for hours at a time.

Try turning off airplay, uninstalling and reinstalling it, then turn it back on.

sudo apt-get uninstall shairport-sync
sudo apt-get install shairport sync

Although I doubt that is a problem - far more likely to be your home wireless.

Have you done a wireless survey? Performed a network check? Upgraded your wireless repeater to the latest spec? Checked for other wireless devices eating up all the bandwidth? Checked for cross-contamination from other devices on the 2.4GHz band? Tried moving your channel to a less- populous one?

In my experience all problems with airplay are either ideological or wireless-related.

Last edited:

Attachments

• TB2LDFFcrAPyuJjy0FjXXXhfFXa_!!36217043.jpg
    TB2LDFFcrAPyuJjy0FjXXXhfFXa_!!36217043.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 305
I have downloaded to use, avoiding the complicated setup. This image file is provided by taobao sellers, selling DAC for Raspberry. His store is as follows:

es9028q2m ???Raspberry DSD?I2S??????-???

Hi sounds interesting - which driver is he using for the 9028 i2s dac, and which settings are you using? Do you get good sound, with no clicks or pops between tracks/albums of different sample rates etc? Thanks Adrian

Hi Tim,

Hi,

I'm not able to repro your Airplay issue. I leave it running for weeks and can play from my Mac and IOS devices no issues.

The symptoms: (a) Airplay suddenly stopping after some minutes and (b) Moode Airplay disappears from iPhone suggest one of two failure conditions

1. shairport-sync crashed on the Pi
2. network issue external to moOde software.

After a failure you can verify #1 by running the cmd below.

pgrep shairport-sync

If Reboot does not work from the UI then you might have a broken build or some other breakage. This might also contribute to the Airplay issue.

-Tim

It’s unlikely to be Moode, as there are so many people running it without fault. It’s not Windows, all your configuration is constrained by the app.

I have three devices running Moode, all of them use AirPlay at some stage and some can sit for a week without being used, then perform flawlessly for hours at a time.

Try turning off airplay, uninstalling and reinstalling it, then turn it back on.

sudo apt-get uninstall shairport-sync
sudo apt-get install shairport sync

Although I doubt that is a problem - far more likely to be your home wireless.

Have you done a wireless survey? Performed a network check? Upgraded your wireless repeater to the latest spec? Checked for other wireless devices eating up all the bandwidth? Checked for cross-contamination from other devices on the 2.4GHz band? Tried moving your channel to a less- populous one?

In my experience all problems with airplay are either ideological or wireless-related.

Not quite true, there are bugs in pre-3.1.7 versions of shairport-sync that can affect compatibility with latest versions of IOS and OS X.
Releases * mikebrady/shairport-sync * GitHub

apt-get will install some old version. You are on your own with this.

If shairport-sync ever needs to be reinstalled then use the Build Recipe.

-Tim