Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

you enter this after you've swaped the cards, started the Pi and logged in through ssh again (remember pwd has changed to moodeaudio in that step)

Tried again. Screenshot of Phase 1 completion. Seems ok to that point but when I power down the Rpi3 and try to ssh to the sdcard with MoOde build get message ssh: connect to host 10.0.0.31 port 22: Operation timed out.

Maybe I should start over or maybe try build with Ethernet.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 6.42.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 6.42.02 AM.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 258
Currently I'm on moode 2.6 on a RPi 2B.

Does the new Moode 4.0 support RPi 2B
If it does, can I use the Imagebuilder/mosbuild on the existing Moode installation? and will it just wipe the old installation?:confused:

yes

no. and you actually need 2 microSD cards, one with fresh raspbian, the second will be formatted by the script

Or use mosbuild to build Moode4 on an USB stick ... and boot your RPI on this USB stick. (RPI2B should support USB Boot ... it must be confirm you can do that without SD Card)

Last edited:
Tried again. Screenshot of Phase 1 completion. Seems ok to that point but when I power down the Rpi3 and try to ssh to the sdcard with MoOde build get message ssh: connect to host 10.0.0.31 port 22: Operation timed out.

Maybe I should start over or maybe try build with Ethernet.

Sorry to ask this but after powering off, did you remove the old SD Card from RPI slot and insert in it the new one, you just wrote ?

If yes, it looks like your network is not working after the boot ... so maybe something strange with wpa_supplicant :confused:

Maybe you can just trying this (if you are able to connect via Ethernet ) :
- Power off
- Plug Ethernet
- Identify RPI address via your router
- SSH in it ... and look/monitor the log via tail -f /home/pi/mosbuild.log

regards

Connection to MPD failed

I have installed the latest Moode on an SD card.
When I type in moode.local on my browser I get the Moode home page with Beta 12 in the top corner.
I click on that, then configure, then sources and get the message
"src-config: Connection to MPD failed"
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I need to do next? Thanks

After power off I removed the sdcard with raspian. Inserted the sdcard that was in usb sdcard multi card reader.

Now I am trying suggestion use ethernet. Power down after Phase 1 remove sc with raspian and insert mOS from Phase , connect ethernet and power up. Same issue as before ssh: connect to host 10.0.0.31 port 22: Operation timed out.

Maybe need to repeat Phase 1 using Ethernet. In that case I would answer No to proxy server and wifi????

Did you answer y to proxy previously ?

In this case, it could explain this issue if you don't need to use a proxy ;)

I have tried this so many time so I hope I have been consistent with my answers. to the best of my memory I answered (y) to every question except (n) for proxy.

I am formatting the sdCard now and when I am done with that will try Phase 1 & 2 again. RPi3 is connected via ethernet to Orbi satlite and I am able to ssh into the RPi3 at the moment. Hopefully, that this next attempt will be positive.

I have tried this so many time so I hope I have been consistent with my answers. to the best of my memory I answered (y) to every question except (n) for proxy.

I am formatting the sdCard now and when I am done with that will try Phase 1 & 2 again. RPi3 is connected via ethernet to Orbi satlite and I am able to ssh into the RPi3 at the moment. Hopefully, that this next attempt will be positive.

Well you don't need to answer y to proxy (very specific case), n is good.

Let us know the result of this try, please ;)

:) Much thanks for your encouragement. Finally success using ethernet. I am not complaining but do wonder why the wifi method is not good in my case.
Have a fantastic day and keep on enjoying the music:smash:

Have you an SSID or password with space in it ?

Why the protocol used ? WPA ? WPA2 ? WEP or other ?

Maybe the country flag but this as rarely an effect on the connection.

If you have an SSID with space, can you test my script (i've corrected this problem in it)?

Well done for the installation !

Have you an SSID or password with space in it ?

Why the protocol used ? WPA ? WPA2 ? WEP or other ?

Maybe the country flag but this as rarely an effect on the connection.

If you have an SSID with space, can you test my script (i've corrected this problem in it)?

Well done for the installation !

Here is a screenshot from the network config. Shows my SSID =Orbi55. When I tried the wifi install this is what I used. Maybe there is something with my particular wifi network.

Hell I am just glad guys like you are around as this is much more than a non techy can figure out... I do thanks you and Koda59.

Tim from California

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 11.33.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 11.33.53 AM.png
    69.5 KB · Views: 233