Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Up to now I have streamed Qobuz to Moode via Bubble Upnp, and logging into Qobuz on Bubble. Now it's possible to log in to Qobuz on Moode itself, but is there any advantage to that? Can I then access my Qobuz albums and playlists directly from Moode, and if so - how?

@jonners

In a nutshell, no, you can't.

Now, some details.

In A/V applications, UPnP usage depends on three components:

1) a media renderer. This is the component which actually plays the media.
2) a media server. This is the component which stores media, provides browsing information (usually), and streams media.
3) a media control point. This is the component in which a user can browse the contents of media servers, make a selection, and command a media renderer to play the selected media directly from the media server.

It is possible for 2) to be a proxy media server. Such a server takes streaming media from some other service and passes it through in a UPnP format acceptable to a media renderer.

Ok so far?

Before the recent upgrade of upmpdcli in moOde we had only the following possibility for streaming from a service like Qobuz:
1) moOde provides the media renderer component.
2) BubbleUPnP provides the proxy media server component. Account credentials for Qobuz, Tidal, Google Play Music are entered here.
3) BubbleUPnP provides the media control point component.

After the upgrade we also have the following possibility:
1) moOde provides the media renderer component.
2) moOde provides the proxy media server component. Account credentials for Qobuz, Tidal, Google Play Music are entered here.
3) BubbleUPnP provides the media control point component.

From the standpoint of the BubbleUPnP app, the difference lies in the choice of library, e.g., the media server component. From the standpoint of the user, the two scenarios perform very similarly.

There is an advantage to the second scenario, though, as was pointed out to me in this forum a while ago. The phone or tablet running BubbleUPnP can be turned off or taken out of range and the selection will continue to play on moOde.

Hopes this helps.

Regards,
Kent

Hi,

Just want to share some important bug fixes that will appear in BETA 9.

- FIX: Workaround for MPD not capturing BBC 320K bitrate
- FIX: Sources screen hangs in certain scenarios
- FIX: Roaming between AP mode and WiFi SSID
- FIX: Cover art not displayed when same Title different Artist
- FIX: SSID Scan not returning anything in certain scenario

Many, many thanks for the bug reports and testing :)

-Tim

Then I have to say goodby to Moode, the more than 100 steps are to complicated for me......

Tim does not rule out the possibility of releasing an img file in the future. We are many who are not able to follow the recipe and are waiting the official final version of moOde 4, hoping there will be an img file by Tim or another person. You should keep checking from time to time.

Remy

We are many who are not able to follow the recipe and are waiting the official final version of moOde 4,
Remy

Yes it is timeconsuming, but if you run it step by step it is only copy/paste?
Why you are not able to run it? "No time" might ve a valid answer (-:

For me, I am still struggeling to get sound out of the box, a WIKI for the set up would maybe a good idear, specialy becaus this thread is so huge, and nobody will go through all this post...

I have tried build this new moOde 2 times, but nothing. I didn't make mistakes (ctrl+C/ctrl+V), but after step 9, I don't have screen and the ssh doesn't work. The release 3.1 was perfect to me, but after power-cut I lost that and I don't have original image file. I think, I must wait for DietPi release too...

I have tried build this new moOde 2 times, but nothing. I didn't make mistakes (ctrl+C/ctrl+V), but after step 9, I don't have screen and the ssh doesn't work. The release 3.1 was perfect to me, but after power-cut I lost that and I don't have original image file. I think, I must wait for DietPi release too...

Sounds like it's built and it's waiting for you to connect to the wifi network 'Moode' to finish the setup! Persevere, it's well worth it....

To See, try Left ALT+ Left or Right Arrow. You can see another console on screen

CTRL+C / Shift+Insert is better