Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi Tim,

It seems that replaygain doesn't work for AAC (m4a) files.
Do you have any idea?

I asked an author of MPD, but he stopped support for Moode users because Moode may violate software license.
Replaygain doesn't work for AAC files * Issue #132 * MusicPlayerDaemon/MPD * GitHub

"you're using MPD from a proprietary non-free distribution which does not provide the source code. This is illegal!"

It seems that Tim only has to provide the source code of the MDP part...

Hi Tim,

It seems that replaygain doesn't work for AAC (m4a) files.
Do you have any idea?

I asked an author of MPD, but he stopped support for Moode users because Moode may violate software license.
Replaygain doesn't work for AAC files * Issue #132 * MusicPlayerDaemon/MPD * GitHub

Hi,

I just don't host a Git repo for moOde sources but rather provide a link to sources tar download if requested. The sources are also available directly on the image. I sent note to MaxK explaining this.

-TIm

"you're using MPD from a proprietary non-free distribution which does not provide the source code. This is illegal!"

It seems that Tim only has to provide the source code of the MDP part...

Hi,

The GPL does not specify how the sources have to be provided (Git repo, Sourceforge, etc), or even under what time frame, just that they have to be provided to anyone that wants them.

The last sources tar that was requested by a user was for moOde 3.7.
http://moodeaudio.org/downloads/moode-r37-sources.tar.gz

GPL
Frequently Asked Questions about the GNU Licenses
- GNU Project - Free Software Foundation

-Tim

Hi,

The GPL does not specify how the sources have to be provided (Git repo, Sourceforge, etc), or even under what time frame, just that they have to be provided to anyone that wants them.

The last sources tar that was requested by a user was for moOde 3.7.
http://moodeaudio.org/downloads/moode-r37-sources.tar.gz

GPL
Frequently Asked Questions about the GNU Licenses
- GNU Project - Free Software Foundation

-Tim

GNU (and others) licences are not easy to understand, but OK !

Hi,

Only available on upcoming moOde 4.0 release which is based on Raspbian Stretch. i don't know what needs to be done on the older Raspbian Jessie which is the version of the OS used in moOde 3 series.

-Tim
Ok, I have executed these commands:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
wpa_supplicant is only replaced with upgrade.
Everything still seems to work.

Hi,

Just tested the flac stream and can confirm there is no embedded metadata, but unless my eyes deceive me, they are putting out a 16/192K stream. Thats around 6 mbps :-0. Someone is getting pretty creative over there at JB Radio!

I'l include both the 320K lossy and 192K lossless in moOde 4.

-Tim

If you are doing any sort of display screen or you want to trigger a meta data check then the python scratchings below will get the current playing track metadata using Beautiful Soup.

Beautiful soup is installed on Moode 4 image but if not on 3.84 then

sudo apt-get install python-bs4.

This is based on a script I have for UPMPDCLI dynamic metadata feature in the latest code which is why I have left it outputing JSON so output however you want.

Other programming languages are available....

I am not a programmer so script so comes with no warranty , no support and no quality control. :)

You cannot easily trigger this from Moode as the web front end cannot detect the track change so maybe of limited usage.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/python

import urllib as url
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
import json

Jbr2Playing = url.urlopen("https://jbradio2.ca/web/web/playing.php")
Jbradio2Meta = Jbr2Playing.read()
soup = BeautifulSoup(Jbradio2Meta, "html.parser")

# print soup

NowPlayingTitle = soup.find_all('span', {"id": "currently-playing-title"})[0].text.strip()
NowPlayingArtist = soup.find_all('span', {"id": "currently-playing-artist"})[0].text.strip()
NowPlayingAlbum = soup.find_all('span', {"id": "currently-playing-artist"})[1].text.strip()

link = soup.find('img')['src']

ImageUrl = link.replace(' ', "%20")

MetaData = dict(title=NowPlayingTitle, artist=NowPlayingArtist, artUrl=ImageUrl, album=NowPlayingAlbum)

print json.dumps(MetaData)

Last edited:
Can any android users try some networking tests using Melloware’s Zeroconf browser? This will allow you to find mode.local devices in the same way Windows, Mac and iOS devices can.

ZeroConf Browser - Android Apps on Google Play

It works on Android ver.2.0 and up, so most set-tops, mobiles and tablets should manage to run it.

There’s a post and a poll here, to save clogging up Tim’s support thread: Android and Zeroconf/Bonjour

Need some help with setting up moode latest version

Hi,
Short story I have moved away from volumio mainly for ES9028 support on moode which I like a lot.
Two major downsides since switching, I should mention both were plung and play in volumio:
1. can't copy files over the network to the raspberry attached usb drive.
2. RTL8811 AC usb wifi is not supported, which used to make transferring files reasonably fast also can't/don't really use the built in card from rp3 as the system is in a metal case .

Any soft of help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi,
Short story I have moved away from volumio mainly for ES9028 support on moode which I like a lot.
Two major downsides since switching, I should mention both were plung and play in volumio:
2. RTL8811 AC usb wifi is not supported, which used to make transferring files reasonably fast also can't/don't really use the built in card from rp3 as the system is in a metal case .

Thanks,

Re #1 - what os are you on? In Win7 it should show up in Explorer as \\Moode\usb\mydrive\
Where mydrive is the name of your USB drive

Although I *would* like to know if there's a way to ftp to the drive
Or in WinSCP I can SEE the drives /root/media/mydrive - but can't copy to it.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks,

1/ sure can
2/ sure does

Re #1 - what os are you on? In Win7 it should show up in Explorer as \\Moode\usb\mydrive\
Where mydrive is the name of your USB drive

Although I *would* like to know if there's a way to ftp to the drive
Or in WinSCP I can SEE the drives /root/media/mydrive - but can't copy to it.

Thanks for the quick reply,
I am browsing it via IP in win10 explorer \\192.168.1.x\USB\drive_name ( does it have to be by name?) but can't copy get the usual not enough space eror because of permission issues.

Thanks