Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi Tim,

First of all, thanks for your great work!
I am thinking upgrading my old HifiBerry DAC and getting a AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9028Q2M, but I can´t find the AUDIOPHONICS ES9028Q2M DAC in I2S audio device list in Moode.

¿Will it work?, ¿or a special driver will be needed?

Thanks.

The I2S list contains Audiophonics ES9028 DAC.

rpi-dac driver is loaded if using Std kernel
i-sabre-dac-es9023-audio,384k driver is loaded if using Adv kernels

-Tim

The I2S list contains Audiophonics ES9028 DAC.

rpi-dac driver is loaded if using Std kernel
i-sabre-dac-es9023-audio,384k driver is loaded if using Adv kernels

-Tim

Hi,
I sent back my faulty 9028 card to audiophonics; and they sent me back a new one which is working very well with moode. it has a higher gpio connector so it is less close to the kali and rpi. I don't know if there is more modifications made.
Kali and wifi are now working well with this great card.

Hi,
I sent back my faulty 9028 card to audiophonics; and they sent me back a new one which is working very well with moode. it has a higher gpio connector so it is less close to the kali and rpi. I don't know if there is more modifications made.
Kali and wifi are now working well with this great card.
Hello, i had version with higher gpio connector and I had the crackling issues even with PCM decoding, so I think they fixed something else or there was some other issue... so now you dont have any problem, no loud pops and crackling on track start and during song shifting... thanks Vita

Hello, i had version with higher gpio connector and I had the crackling issues even with PCM decoding, so I think they fixed something else or there was some other issue... so now you dont have any problem, no loud pops and crackling on track start and during song shifting... thanks Vita

yes, for now(72h), no more crackling or strange noises between tracks.

Hi Tim,

I'm a NuBi to all this and giving moode a try in my home made wifi speakers running off rpi3 with a hifi berry amp hat on top. Presently I'm running LMS on my PC as a server and using squeezer to sync my multiple speakers which works great. My problem is when I select internet radio in squeezer it doesn't show anything. What am I'm missing?

Hello
"normal" hifiberry-dac driver should works, but seems that these boards has problem with playing 16 bit material...if I were you i will try this one:
ES9038 Q2M DAC DSD Decoder Support IIS DSD 384KHz Coaxial Fiber DOP | eBay
But these are cheap ones so maybe you should count with "some" issuess...
Regards Vita

I wondered when this board would get some light...:)

As Tim has said elsewhere....an MCU on an Ess board that exposes the i2c lines for the hardware volume control and FIR filters would be an interesting workaround.....;)

DSD64 over coaxial and optical and DSD256 over i2c....

Optical&coaxial input: DSD64 DOP

PCM:44.1KHz,48KHz,88.2KHz,96KHz,

176.4KHz,192KHz,352.8KHz,384KHz

DSD: 2.8 MHz (DSD64) - DoP,native

5.6 MHz (DSD128) - DoP,native

11.2 MHz (DSD256) - native

There is a connector for volume control, One 10K ohm potentiometer can be series connected to adjust volume.

:cool:

Last edited:
Fix for Hifiberry DAC+ Pro at 352.8 kHz

Hello Tim and Klaus (soundcheck)!

Daniel at Hifiberry has patched the driver for the DAC+ Pro so that 352.8 kHz won't clock at 384 kHz. It appears it has been committed, too:
Fixed a bug when using 352.8kHz sample rate by hifiberry * Pull Request #2231 * raspberrypi/linux * GitHub

Hopefully the kernal update will make it into Moode someday soon :xmasman:

From the snippet of code I saw in the pull request, I don't believe it will break the 384 kHz party for others.

Thanks again,
Richard

Daniel at Hifiberry has patched the driver for the DAC+ Pro so that 352.8 kHz won't clock at 384 kHz. It appears it has been committed, too:

He hopefully also patched the PCM51xx codec to enable 352.8 once and forever
also with the standard kernels! Perhaps you gonna tell him! ;)
It's a very trivial patch - which is available since quite some time.

Last edited:
@Blackfear
Have you tried this DAC with the ES9038Q2M and how did you connect it to the pins on the RPi3 (BCK on pin 12, LRCK on pin 35, DATA on pin 40, and GND on pin 34, 39 ...)?

P.S. Can Moode convert in DSD format on fly all files that play?

Last edited: