Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi @Fred750004,

In Audio config, per the help text "Set this to None if using a USB audio device." I2S audio device should be set to None for USB DAC's.

Then follow moOde Setup Guide...

2. AUDIO DEVICE SETUP
- USB DEVICE
a) Menu, Configure, Audio, MPD options: EDIT SETTINGS
b) leave Volume control set to "Software"
c) set Audio output to "USB audio device" then APPLY

If Audio output lists only "On-board audio device" then Linux did not recognize your USB audio device. This could be due to incompatibility between your audio device and latest Linux USB audio driver in 4.9.41 Linux kernels that moOde uses, or it could be inadequate power being supplied to the Pi-1B USB ports.

Open the System config page and turn on Max USB current 2X setting, reboot and try #2 above again.

-Tim

With the next release... Would it be dooable to have the audiophonics wiring and OLED functionality built in (auto configured) with the DAC selection ?

Hi,

I leave peripheral integration up to the user because there are simply too many peripheral devices from manufacturers, each with their own particular set of drivers, configs and compatibility requirements.

-Tim

Interesting. When I enter moodeaudio as the password my get permission denied. When I enter raspberry I get the screenshot posted on this thread.

Why would raspberry work on v 3.7?

Cuz moOde 3.7 was based on 2016-03-18 Raspbian which uses ssh pwd = "raspberry". If you bring up moOde 3.7 About screen and then click the Setup Guide link it will show:

=================================================================
SETUP GUIDE

Moode Audio Player, (C) 2014 Tim Curtis
moodeaudio.org

Updated: 2017-05-12

GENERAL INFORMATION

- Use http: //moode, moode.local or IP address
- SSH login userid: pi, password: raspberry

The Setup Guide at moodeaudio.org is for the 3.8 series which is based on 2017-07-05 Raspbian which uses "moodeaudio" as the ssh password.

-Tim

Last edited:
Album Artist

Hi All,

I just noticed today that if an artists album includes a collaboration for one song then when searching in Library it only comes up under 'various' and not the artist. I have see this with Coldplay albums:

A head full of dreams comes up under various while X&Y comes up under Coldplay. Has anyone seen this and how did you fix it or is it considered a feature??

I also want to have my rotary encoder button pause instead of mute - can I modify the MPD call in one of the configuration files to achieve this?

James

With the next release... Would it be dooable to have the audiophonics wiring and OLED functionality built in (auto configured) with the DAC selection ?

Hi,

I leave peripheral integration up to the user because there are simply too many peripheral devices from manufacturers, each with their own particular set of drivers, configs and compatibility requirements.

-Tim

@hifix, this should help you

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/271811-moode-audio-player-raspberry-pi-790.html#post5085296

or you can study the black art of Squash/unSquash, which seems to be a closed book to the simple minded like myself :)

Random question...

I have an album that's 24/96 FLAC download from HDtracks. This album also has bonus material (demos and unreleased tracks) that's on CD only, so I ripped that ALAC lossless.

The issue I'm having is the bonus material always shows up first in MoOde's library, so the demos and unreleased tracks play before the main album. I tried editing the tags to make sure the main album is disc1 and the bonus is disc2. I also re-numbered the track numbers for the bonus material so should appear after the main album sequentially, but it doesn't work... MoOde still starts with bonus material.

Is there a way to get MoOde to order this album of mixed file types in the proper order? Editing tags or some other way...?

Hi Derek,

Interesting idea.

I think if it were possible to automatically scan for and then connect to a WiFi network on the list, this would be a really useful feature. Otherwise just having a stored list of WiFi networks won't do any good if you forget to change to the target network.

Or maybe its useful to just have a stored list to pick from ??

-Tim

Yes, when I used Voyage MPD I set up wpa supplicant, stored three networks and the necessary credentials (and priorities IIRC) in wpa_supplicant.conf and it worked flawlessly. Made sure the domains and NAS addresses were all the same at each location and I could simply plug in and it'd connect to whichever was the local wifi, mount the NAS and work. I know I can leave it to you to improve on the idea...:)

Biggest issue was making sure all the music was up to date on each NAS :D - although that didn't cause any problem other than 'song not found'.

Cuz moOde 3.7 was based on 2016-03-18 Raspbian which uses ssh pwd = "raspberry". If you bring up moOde 3.7 About screen and then click the Setup Guide link it will show:

SETUP GUIDE

Moode Audio Player, (C) 2014 Tim Curtis
moodeaudio.org

Updated: 2017-05-12

GENERAL INFORMATION

- Use http: //moode, moode.local or IP address
- SSH login userid: pi, password: raspberry

The Setup Guide at moodeaudio.org is for the 3.8 series which is based on 2017-07-05 Raspbian which uses "moodeaudio" as the ssh password.

-Tim

Lesson learned, use the setup guide in the particular version I am running. Appreciate ALL your efforts. Cheers

Hi,

When the issue occurs again and before doing anything else, email me the output from System info. It might provide an indication of what might be going on.

-Tim
Hi Tim, the System info has been sent to your address.

Strange thing though: the other day Sub xover was 90, but today 60. Out of the blue. I did not do anything in that area, besides the system restart of course :)

Hi @Fred750004,

In Audio config, per the help text "Set this to None if using a USB audio device." I2S audio device should be set to None for USB DAC's.

Then follow moOde Setup Guide...

2. AUDIO DEVICE SETUP
- USB DEVICE
a) Menu, Configure, Audio, MPD options: EDIT SETTINGS
b) leave Volume control set to "Software"
c) set Audio output to "USB audio device" then APPLY

If Audio output lists only "On-board audio device" then Linux did not recognize your USB audio device. This could be due to incompatibility between your audio device and latest Linux USB audio driver in 4.9.41 Linux kernels that moOde uses, or it could be inadequate power being supplied to the Pi-1B USB ports.

Open the System config page and turn on Max USB current 2X setting, reboot and try #2 above again.

-Tim

Thank Tim,
I make it works following your instructions.

Hi Tim, the System info has been sent to your address.

Strange thing though: the other day Sub xover was 90, but today 60. Out of the blue. I did not do anything in that area, besides the system restart of course :)

Hi,

Thanks. I analyzed it this morning and found what I think is a bug in moOde startup that causes incorrect reset of Main vol if MPD set to disabled. I'll get you a Test Release to try out.

I've seen Sub x-over vary a bit when in the Dual modes but not in any of the Subwoofer modes.

-Tim