Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

I would try new 3.8.1 on my mamboberry but i cannot open the items of configuration menu.

I changed the sd and now I have thi errors

" modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:557 kmod_search_moddep() could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/4.9.40-v7+/modules.dep.bin' " and " rmmod: ERROR: Module configs is not currently loaded "

Last edited:
Tim / Kent,

It’s a long story, but to skip over many details ....
"

@JohnW

Wow. Thanks for not skipping over too many details! You had me at "I purchased a small 1500 CPH PnP machine" :) And then there's the XMOS work!

This is true bare-knuckle product development and I tip my hat to you.

Choosing the CM3 makes more sense to me now. It's a pity the Beaglebone proved too slow. It's certainly getting long in the tooth, but the two onboard PRUs were the key to its success in the open-source machinekit project I was a part of for a number of years. Like your figuring out the undocumented details of the CM3, we had digging to do with the PRUs. In our case, though, it was a matter of finding needles in the haystack of TI's engineering documentation.

Tim is the author of moOde Player and I'm just a retired physicist/engineer/hacker who likes Tim's work and hangs out in this forum. That said, I don't think there's an insurmountable barrier to getting moOde Player working on your product.

The hardest part might be the driver for your DAC but if Volumio works with your product then it seems to me you have a running start at moOde Player (assuming similar Linux kernels, of course).

For the same reason, I'm thinking any device-tree issues should be surmountable.

As for local input and display, it's already been made to work with minor hack-ery (someone with a touchscreen will have to confirm its use) and may already be in Tim's TODO list for inclusion.

I'm just waving my hands here, of course. The devil is in the details.

Regards,
Kent

Attachments

• moode2.jpg
    moode2.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 318
Just a heads up...

I was got an error on the u-SD card with "shadow defender - virtualisation s/w" running on the PC (the install wasnt playing ball with putty). I'm uncertain if its a once off, but everything seems to be fine without it.

While manually polling "Audio info", i've noticed that the CPU cores dont run @ 1.2GHz for as much of the time compared to 3.10.

All in all, I'm liking 3.81 ! :D

Last edited:
Installing 3.8 I've hit a snag. I set the I2S to Allo Boss, set and rebooted, then reset the time zone -- all good. I then went to hook up my NAS NFS share and probably mis-entered the path, getting the red report. After several additional tries, I can't get any choice (not just "Sources") on the configure menu to work. A window pops up on the bottom of the browser saying "Waiting for 192.168.120", the correct IP, and a spinner starts on the Moode browser tab. It probably will spin forever. I can kill it with a refresh. The system and audio info reports look right. I can play a radio station. I can also ssh and login with putty. I imagine reimaging is my next step, but I'm curious to know if there are other checks I could perform.

thanks,

Skip

Installing 3.8 I've hit a snag. I set the I2S to Allo Boss, set and rebooted, then reset the time zone -- all good. I then went to hook up my NAS NFS share and probably mis-entered the path, getting the red report. After several additional tries, I can't get any choice (not just "Sources") on the configure menu to work. A window pops up on the bottom of the browser saying "Waiting for 192.168.120", the correct IP, and a spinner starts on the Moode browser tab. It probably will spin forever. I can kill it with a refresh. The system and audio info reports look right. I can play a radio station. I can also ssh and login with putty. I imagine reimaging is my next step, but I'm curious to know if there are other checks I could perform.

thanks,

Skip

Hi Skip,

Thats odd. Try removing the NAS source and then creating a new one.

-Tim

Feature Request

Hi Tim

Here's a feature request that might chime with absent-minded types like me.

As Moode has moved through releases to 3.8, every upgrade has been smooth apart from my repeated “oh nuts” moment when I realise that yet again I have forgotten to preserve my custom radio stations and playlists. I'm thinking it might be useful if there were a UI switch that gives the option to force Moode to save these items offboard on an attached USB device rather than the SD card. That way they would survive the reimaging process. Nothing complex, maybe just a couple of standard folders in USB root called MyPlaylists and MyRadios.

Anyone else want to +1 this idea.

Great work on Moode Tim.

Stu

Last edited:
Hi,

Just an FYI that I'm testing a nice tuning param for the Advanced-LL (Low Latency) kernel that will allow one of three Latency Levels to be selected. The levels correspond to the frequency of the kernel timer interrupt, which in turn determines how often the task scheduler does its work and thus determines the overall latency of the system.

-Tim

Sounds good :magnify:

Not sure if this is a Chrome thing, UK character set or something else issue.

Anyway, now the file data rate is displayed, for an mp3 one it displays ?/44.1 (see attached).

I also have one mp3 album which all but one track, MoOde seems to ignore the genre just saying Unknown (track 10 behaves okay and updates, all the tracks play okay).

I have changed the genre of all tracks using MediaMonkey (which I use for my 18,000 tracks) but still after an update, those tracks are still unknown (All of my music is on the same nas and I am pretty sure in the earlier release it was not a problem).

Any thoughts, anyone got the same problem?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-08-13 17.09.56.png
    Screenshot 2017-08-13 17.09.56.png
    363.4 KB · Views: 232