Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

I didn't add this earlier as components are different etc....

I run a B rev 2 overclocked to 900MHz. Running Charlie Laub's ACD ALSA plugin set to provide baffle step compensation and a HF lift on my Aura NS3s in Woden Redeye speakers. This is running via a wired ethernet and works fine. If I had to be picky, the interface is sometimes a little slower to update but nothing glacially slow.
Thanks Jerms!
Tim and You...Both over clock...I have to do it. [emoji12]

It is (or was?!?) quite well documented. Poor little Pi B only runs 700MHz from the factory. Lots of info and config options out there to overclock, overvolt.

RPiconfig - eLinux.org

J.

Hi,

I've used the OC settings below with no issues, but of course YMMV.

-Tim

Pi-1B

force_turbo=1
arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=500
over_voltage=6

Pi-2B

force_turbo=1
arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=450
over_voltage=2

A weird one. Normally, software volume control just works.
Have you tried rebooting it?

One other option is to set volume control to disabled and use the volume control on the headphone amplifier.

I tried rebooting, volume control on the DAC actually never worked..., on the same setup before I reinstalled moode software volume control worked so I may reinstall the moode again...

Thank you @Morias.

I found how to do it:

https://rataks.com/blog/first-test-with-moode-and-official-raspberry-pi-touch-display.html

.... But you need to have the root password
root - password: moode - does not work
(Permission denied, try again).

There is an older version of the moode, but it can work 2.6.

please help

Hi,

The default username/password changed with the release of MoodeOS1.0. Root can't login. Instead, one logs in as the default user and then uses "sudo" to execute commands as root.

See the Setup Guide
GENERAL SETUP INFORMATION

- Use diyAudio server HTTPS page, moode.local or IP address
- Access point IP address is 172.24.1.1
- Terminal login userid=pi, pwd=raspberry
- Preface all commands with sudo

Regards,
Kent

Last edited:
Hi,

Nice catch!

Try pgrep -c -f "mpd "

I think this will also work.

-Tim

Nice catch indeed. Since I don't scrobble I never would have noticed this.

FYI, while your suggested fix works, so does using the "exact command name" option

pgrep -c -x mpd

IMHO, this variant is a little cleaner and easier for other code readers to understand.

Regards,
Kent

Motto for the day: "Those who live by regular expressions, die by regular expressions"

Nice catch indeed. Since I don't scrobble I never would have noticed this.

FYI, while your suggested fix works, so does using the "exact command name" option

pgrep -c -x mpd

IMHO, this variant is a little cleaner and easier for other code readers to understand.

Regards,
Kent

Motto for the day: "Those who live by regular expressions, die by regular expressions"

Hi Kent,

Yes, -x is cleaner. I'll use that instead :)

-Tim

My employer is cracking down on company resources being used for music. Thier main concern is people plugging usb devices into the network. ie music files.

My thinking is running Moode on a PI zero with ap turned on and a PHAT Dac. It would be controled from my phone. No employer hardware or network would be involved.

My question is how big (capacity) of a sd card can I use with Moode. I'd like to use one of the new 256g cards for Moode and a substantial part of my FLAC library. How big can the file system be expanded?

Thank you for a wonderful product.

My employer is cracking down on company resources being used for music. Thier main concern is people plugging usb devices into the network. ie music files.

My thinking is running Moode on a PI zero with ap turned on and a PHAT Dac. It would be controled from my phone. No employer hardware or network would be involved.

My question is how big (capacity) of a sd card can I use with Moode. I'd like to use one of the new 256g cards for Moode and a substantial part of my FLAC library. How big can the file system be expanded?

Given how woefully inadequate USB technology is when it comes to computer and network security, I'd think music is the least of your company's worries.

Since your MoodePlayer is going to be separate from workplace resources, have you thought about using a USB drive, whether flash drive or otherwise, for your music collection? Maybe it's just an old wive's tale, but many folks still believe SD cards are less reliable in the long term than USB drives. Certainly a USB drive, whether flash drive or otherwise, is more convenient from several standpoints. It's more portable, it's independent of the OS drive, and so forth.

To answer your question, the root file system for Moode is formatted as file system type ext4 which can support an absurdly large volume (up to 1 exabyte). Even the older file system type ext3 could accommodate at least 4 terabytes, so I don't think you need to worry about size:)

Regards,
Kent

Hi,

Here is the (i) help text for the "Expand SD card storage" setting on System config.

Expand storage to maximum size of SD card when SET button is pressed.
(1) The system will automatically REBOOT after the expansion request has been queued.
(2) Actual file system expansion occurs during reboot and may take some time.

-Tim