Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

I don't have the cover art file, and i don't use MP3 :) I use Flac only.

Hi,

Do your flac files have embedded cover art?

The reason I ask is that the "Cover art not found" image should never appear. Instead, if no embedded art and no cover image file then the default Moode image should be displayed.

I'm trying to isolate a bug in the new coverart module so any information you can provide would be helpful.

Regards,
Tim

Hi,

The reason I ask is that the "Cover art not found" image should never appear. Instead, if no embedded art and no cover image file then the default Moode image should be displayed.

I'm trying to isolate a bug in the new coverart module so any information you can provide would be helpful.

Regards,
Tim

no embedded art that i know of, hold on ill try a few other songs..

Hi,

Regards,
Tim

Hello,
Embeded cover in my FLACS files ripped with XLD are showed.
They are on an usb disk.
Same for the display thru DLNA.

Regards.

Just a big vote of thanks to Tim for his superb efforts and unstinting helpfulness bringing MoOde to us all..:)

It always works !! Given the speed of development (Monthly releases !!! ) it continues to go from strength to strength. Every release improves upon the last and user feedback is actioned almost before it appears...:D

Well done Tim !!

Just a big vote of thanks to Tim for his superb efforts and unstinting helpfulness bringing MoOde to us all..:)

It always works !! Given the speed of development (Monthly releases !!! ) it continues to go from strength to strength. Every release improves upon the last and user feedback is actioned almost before it appears...:D

Well done Tim !!

Totally agree ! I can't wait to start using it on my new tablet next week :)

Thanks for the update to 2.2

I have been busy over the weekend re-encoding all my flac files into mp3 to get the embedded cover art to show up.

However, after updating the cover art isn't working and I can't find the setting under which it is controlled. Has this setting been removed in 2.2 or am I just too tired to see it?

You can embed cover art in FLAC as well: On a PC use foobar2000, on a Mac use xACT, dunno what to use on Linux, but there will be something.

Encoding from FLAC to MP3 is a very backwards step, IMO.

Just make sure that the cover art you use is small in data size, or you blow out your FLAC file. I would use 8-bit at 250x250px and low (10, 20) JPEG encoding - it shows up perfectly well in Moode, but only adds about 50kB to the file.

I wasn't paying attention once and used a full-sized cover art jpg - it was about 2k x 2k px at 24 bit - it added about 4MB to each track.

I don't actually use embedded art, I find adding the folder.jpg file is perfectly adequate and cuts down on bit bloat.

You can embed cover art in FLAC as well: On a PC use foobar2000, on a Mac use xACT, dunno what to use on Linux, but there will be something.

Encoding from FLAC to MP3 is a very backwards step, IMO.

I don't want to run from a NAS and have all my files on a tiny 64gb usb key. Unfortunately the flac files do not fit so I need to compress.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just make sure that the cover art you use is small in data size, or you blow out your FLAC file. I would use 8-bit at 250x250px and low (10, 20) JPEG encoding - it shows up perfectly well in Moode, but only adds about 50kB to the file.

I wasn't paying attention once and used a full-sized cover art jpg - it was about 2k x 2k px at 24 bit - it added about 4MB to each track.

I don't actually use embedded art, I find adding the folder.jpg file is perfectly adequate and cuts down on bit bloat.

Hi,

I'd suggest 600x600px or something with decent resolution so it will look good if displayed on a large panel.

I have a feature in the works that provides an album art view. The usage scenario is where a big tablet or locally attached display is placed on top of the speaker or somewhere in the front so the nice album art can be seen from the listening spot. It's the digital version of placing the LP jacket on a stand next to the TT. You analog guys know what i'm talking about :)

Regards,
Tim

"Bugs, Mr. Rico. Millions of 'em!" :D

starship-troopers.jpg

lawls

Hello,

First of all, thanks a lot Tim. Last version is working as good as the previous one. I'm still having some clicks and pops when the songs start and end (Pi-DAC+) and I don't know if there is a bug, limitation or something I can improve to remove them.

I have a request, don't know if it is a new one or not.

Many times I dont have a network (Wi-Fi or Ethernet) to connect to, so I'd love to connect a USB pendrive to the Raspberry Pi and reproduce automatically whatever is there. I can use tethering on my mobile and connect to moode with MPDroid, but sometimes I cannot do it.

Thanks and best regards / Fernando