Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Attachments

• default-cover-v2.jpg
    default-cover-v2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 26,184
Reactions: 1 user
Hi,

tested and does work with Hifiberry Digi+ on Raspberry Pi 1 B+ (runeaudio also doesn't work with Hifiberry Digi+)

Like it and it will replace my runeaudio installation

cheers

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to test!

I don't have either of these devices and am curious how they spec out on the Audio Information popup when song or radio is playing. If you get a moment, please post (or email me) a screen shot or just the text.

Regards,
TC

Hi,

Moode 1.8 Test Release #1 is available for download at tcmods.org via the TEST CODE button :)

This release includes a modification to the Library that provides increased performance for large music collections, a few bug fixes and some great new high bitrate radio stations including Czech Radio Classical (FLAC).

See attached release notes for details.

Regards,
tcmods.org
TC

======================
1.8 Release 2015-04-DD
======================

New features

- NEW:

Media

- NEW: Czech Radio Classical (FLAC)
- NEW: EuropaRadioJazz - 883 SmoothJazz
- NEW: EuropaRadioJazz - Smoothjazz HD Audiophile
- NEW: EuropaRadioJazz - TheSoundOfJazz

Updates

- UPD: Improve performance of Library for large collections

Bug fixes

- FIX: Incorrect metadata parsing for radio stations that do not transmit a name element

Attachments

• CzechRadioClassical.png
    CzechRadioClassical.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 24,820
  • EuropaRadioJazzTheSoundOfJazz320kbps.png
    EuropaRadioJazzTheSoundOfJazz320kbps.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 24,551
  • 883SmoothJazz320kbps.png
    883SmoothJazz320kbps.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 23,556
  • 883SmoothJazzHD.png
    883SmoothJazzHD.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 22,832
Hi,

I've started to maintain a DAC compatibility list based on user feedback. The following are all USB DAC's that work great on Pi-2B with Moode. More to come. Look for it on tcmods.org DAC LIST page.

Audiobyte Black Dragon
Aune s16
Chord Hugo
Soekris R-2R + DIYinhk receiver
LH Labs Geek out (via powered USB hib)
Marantz HD DAC 1
Pioneer U05

Regards,
tcmods.org
TC

Reactions: 1 user
Soekris r2r is not an usb dac. I assume it it the diyinhk usb-i2s(or spdif) converter that is compatible?
I also guess that all xmos(xcore 2.0) usb converters are compatible.

Hi,

Thats correct. The DIYINHK board provides USB to I2S conversion. Soekris DAC board supports I2S, S/PDIF (coax) and S/PDIF (Toslink) input connections. Don't know if "all" xmos based usb converters are compatible.

Regards,
TC

Hi,
tested and does work with Hifiberry Digi+ on Raspberry Pi 1 B+ (runeaudio also doesn't work with Hifiberry Digi+)
Like it and it will replace my runeaudio installation
cheers

:) Tested and very satisfied with RaspyPlay4 on Raspberry Pi2. Also replaced my RuneAudio installation!

P.S. "Drag to move items" function on Playlist will be very fine...

Attachments

• Moode.jpg
    Moode.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 1,331
Last edited:
I am using now "IQaudIO PI-DAC" without "+" and everything is also OK, because of RaspyPlay4 haven't "Headphone amp" like "+" version of IQaudIO PI-DAC...

Just for your information. :)

Hi,

Thanks! I'll update the device description for RaspyPlay4 and also change to use the device overlay for iqaudio pi-dac instead of pi-dac+.

Regards,
tcmods.org
http://twitter.com/MoodeAudio
TC

NAS Mount issues

I have an RPI2 with HiFiBerry Dac+ that I would like to use to check out Moode. I created a 1.18t1 image and got a successful boot with timezone modifications, but I have been fighting the NAS mount. I have duplicated the fstab entry from a laptop I have been using for LMS that mounts my NAS, but that fails with the following message:

Last system mount error
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.1.107:/public/music

It is an NFS share and I have the permissions entry in the NAS server set for the IP address of the RPI2 with read/write permission. I can send an image of the Source page. I also noticed that the login and password for the wireless network appears to automatically been copied from the NAS information and does not match the network name and WPA password. I would prefer not to use wireless at all except for a phone interface that would be picked up by my router and feed through the LAN.

Any thoughts are most welcome.

Skip Pack

I have an RPI2 with HiFiBerry Dac+ that I would like to use to check out Moode. I created a 1.18t1 image and got a successful boot with timezone modifications, but I have been fighting the NAS mount. I have duplicated the fstab entry from a laptop I have been using for LMS that mounts my NAS, but that fails with the following message:

Last system mount error
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.1.107:/public/music

It is an NFS share and I have the permissions entry in the NAS server set for the IP address of the RPI2 with read/write permission. I can send an image of the Source page. I also noticed that the login and password for the wireless network appears to automatically been copied from the NAS information and does not match the network name and WPA password. I would prefer not to use wireless at all except for a phone interface that would be picked up by my router and feed through the LAN.

Any thoughts are most welcome.

Skip Pack

Hi,

(1) Start with a fresh 1.8t1 sd card image and then ssh in and perform a manual mount to your NFS share to see if that works. I don't have a way to test NFS, but u could try something like this:

mkdir /mnt/NAS/Music
mount -t nfs .....

If u can get a manual nfs mount to work, I can compare that string to what the code is doing when it constructs an nfs mount. In the meantime, I'll examine the code to see if there are any obvious bugs in nfs mount string.

(2) I don't quite understand the bolded text above. The Source mount userid and password are separate from the Network/Wireless SSID and password. Are u seeing something odd in either the Sources or Network screens, or possibly in some OS files?

Regards,
tcmods.org
http://twitter.com/MoodeAudio
TC

The manual mount worked insofar as I can cd down into the files and do an ls with the right results. I doesn't show up in moOde interface as a monted NAS. The mount string that worked was:

mount -t nfs 192.168.1.107:/volume1/public /mnt/NAS/Music

On the wireless question, without any action on my part, SSID under the Network tab contains an entry that is actually the admin login on the NAS and the dots in the password entry look to be the length of and NAS admin password

I appreciate the help.

Skip

Wrt the Network config page, is the SSID field populated with your actual admin userid to your NAS?

Yes.

If so, then has this userid/password been entered manually in any OS files?

No, I believe it was either populated automatically or after I thrashed through a number of NAS mounting attempts under the Sources tab. What I did notice was that there were intelligent defaults suggested in the NAS mounting dialog before I had entered anything, which I did not expect. moOde acted as though it was polling the network for possibilities. After I had failed to mount the NAS, I looked under the Network tab for the first time and that login and password were entered. I attempted clear them, but they are there every time I return, in spite if reimaging the SD card twice.

mysterious.

Skip

Yes.

No, I believe it was either populated automatically or after I thrashed through a number of NAS mounting attempts under the Sources tab. What I did notice was that there were intelligent defaults suggested in the NAS mounting dialog before I had entered anything, which I did not expect. moOde acted as though it was polling the network for possibilities. After I had failed to mount the NAS, I looked under the Network tab for the first time and that login and password were entered. I attempted clear them, but they are there every time I return, in spite if reimaging the SD card twice.

mysterious.

Skip

Hi,

Very odd.

What were the defaults?

Regards,
TC