Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

THANKS alot Tim, that did the trick !
You can add SMSL M8 as supported DAC with UAC2 fix.
All is working fine 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192... even playing dsf file with DOP !
:)

Hi,

Glad to hear that worked :) The Linux USB guy has already made numerous fixes to the driver and at some it will appear in mainline kernel. Then workaround won't b needed anymore.

I'll add DAC to device database for 2.6, thanks.

Regards,
Tim

Btw, did you, guys, notice the release of the Raspberry Pi 3b today? 64bit, 1.2GHz quad core :)
Marek
(via Tapatalk)

Yes, same $ as Pi2 with onboard wifi and bluetooth 4.1...

As for the 1.2GHz.....the Pi 2 already runs Moode without utilising anywhere near it's capabilities....@5-7% cpu during most playback
Would rather have more ram for ram-play or better clocking..:)

Hi thanks for this nice project.

I have a request regarding moode audio.

I am using another pi with a tvheadend server Overview - Tvheadend this allows me to have access to radio channels via digital broadcasting and i can stream them to moode audio via tvheadend. However when i am doing this i can only hear hissing sounds. I wonder if the mpeg ts audio codec is enabled on moode audio. I have recorded a small file for you to try and see if you could solve the problem Free - Envoyez vos documents
Thank you Taiebot

Hi thanks for this nice project.

I have a request regarding moode audio.

I am using another pi with a tvheadend server Overview - Tvheadend this allows me to have access to radio channels via digital broadcasting and i can stream them to moode audio via tvheadend. However when i am doing this i can only hear hissing sounds. I wonder if the mpeg ts audio codec is enabled on moode audio. I have recorded a small file for you to try and see if you could solve the problem Free - Envoyez vos documents
Thank you Taiebot

Hi,

I think codec for mpeg-ts (transport stream) is in the lib that MPD uses but there is no support for it in MPD itself that I am aware of.

Regards,
Tim

I have a MT7601U wifi dongle. I have downloaded the firmware to /lib/firmware, i see that it is loaded (lsmod) and i see the wifi (iwconfig).

I tried to add SSID/password (the router does mac address filtering only) to the mpd client but the change is not saved. I also have static IP in mpd client.

What else should i do to have a wifi?

Thanks!

I have a MT7601U wifi dongle. I have downloaded the firmware to /lib/firmware, i see that it is loaded (lsmod) and i see the wifi (iwconfig).

I tried to add SSID/password (the router does mac address filtering only) to the mpd client but the change is not saved. I also have static IP in mpd client.

What else should i do to have a wifi?

Thanks!

In my case (one of my players has MT7601U), after the firmware was downloaded by

I've just followed these steps and all was working after the reboot

https://volumio.org/forum/realtek-usb-wifi-not-connecting-boot-t354.html

Marek

Issue with library panel, i have [library loading] message forever ......
I use pc as client with ff / chromium moode 2.5 is installed and i updated the distro with [apt-get dist-upgrade --fix-missing] without modifying any default config files

Browse panel, playing panel are working.
mpc listall list 52K files
mpc status list current playing file.

Library panel stay empty :(

issue: library loading forever

Rpi2 with Moode 2.5 + wifi + NAS
I did an update of the system using [apt-get dist-upgrade --fix-missing].
I added some folder from my nas somes do not contain only music files.
mpc update was ok
mpc listall give 52K files

Browse/Playback are working, but Library panel only show [library loading] forever :(

Does it exist a way to rebuild info and delete caches for the library ?

Thanks, I will try that!
Just didn't know which file to modify...

do your config (ip address, gateway, netmask) in /etc/network/interfaces

like:

allow-hotplug wlan0
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet static
address MYIP
netmask MYNETMASK
gateway MYGATEWAY
wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

and ssid and password in /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

Also, looks like adding ssid_scan=1 between ssid and psk lines helps, so:

network={
ssid="yourssid"
ssid_scan=1
psk="yourpassword"
}

Also, I've noticed, that my network provider's DNS wasn't working correctly (couldn't connect to the external servers), so I've modified the /etc/resolv.conf by replacing the local DNS with Google's one: 8.8.8.8

Marek

Last edited:
Issue with library panel, i have [library loading] message forever ......
I use pc as client with ff / chromium moode 2.5 is installed and i updated the distro with [apt-get dist-upgrade --fix-missing] without modifying any default config files

Browse panel, playing panel are working.
mpc listall list 52K files
mpc status list current playing file.

Library panel stay empty :(

Hi,

apt-get upgrade or list-upgrade will cause breakage.

Regards,
Tim

Hi, Tim

I found the Customize menu disappears if I choose I2S audio device "Suptronics X400".
If I select another device menu appears.

Regards, Serg

Hi Tim, I'm having exactly the same issue here too, I've just upgraded my existing system to 2.5, that’s using an Iqaudio amp+ and I'm experiencing no problems at all

Just built up a friends X400 using 2.5 and cannot select the customize menu at all - tried from Firefox & explorer on XP, Firefox on Linux and chrome on Android and all the same, even when I try to increase the volume beyond 20% and get the warning pop up asking if I want to increase the limit, it still does not go into customization menu - everything else works as expected.

Rob.