Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi - Page 677 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th March 2017, 06:50 PM   #6761
BryceJ is online now BryceJ  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom77 View Post
Hi Bryce,

I have the same problem as you have. Could you find a solution? I have tried to add a user in the minidlna configs -> this was not the answer.

Thanks, Thomas
Hi Thomas,

I have not been able to make any headway with this issue. The problem is that I don't understand who "the user" is that is trying to access the particular web link.

Code:
[2017/03/15 01:17:15] upnphttp.c:1366: error: Rejecting wide link /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Coleman Hawkins/The Hawk Flies High/05 - Blue Lights.flac -> /mnt/NAS/Coleman Hawkins/The Hawk Flies High/05 - Blue Lights.flac
I am able to go down both paths, the /var and the /mnt, and get no errors using ssh and logon pi.

One other thing to note. I saved a playlist with 2 songs that I had added using the web client and two songs that were added with Kazoo. When I load that saved playlist the two songs that were added with Kazoo are identified as "Streaming source" "Radio station". Perhaps that is a hint as to where the problem lies, or it could just be because the information is stored as a URL. When the songs were first added to the playlist they looked the same as any other song.

Cheers, Bryce.
Old 20th March 2017, 07:37 PM   #6762
diyAudio Member

Hi Tim,

I have two Pi zero W boards (v1.1) that I've been trying to set up with the IQ Audio PiDacZero hats.

I've run
Code:
sudo rpi-update 52241088c1da59a359110d39c1875cda56496764
which updates without any errors.

When I reboot, I have no led on the Pi and no network appears either in standalone or in g_ether mode on Windows as ssh on OSX wouldn't work after Internet Sharing was enabled.

I then removed the IQ-DacZero hats and repeated the process from scratch with the same result.

Do you have any ideas about proceeding from here?

thanks,
Julian
Old 20th March 2017, 07:44 PM   #6763
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up Thanks for developing a great audio player!

Hello,

Just wanted to thank you, Tim, and the rest of the diyAudio community for developing and supporting a great audio player that can run on the Raspberry Pi!!!

Just finished setting up two configurations for moOde Audio Player:

Both run on Raspberry Pi 3 -

Build#1 w/ Durio Sound Pro (Acoustic Research L/R audio cable out to aux-into Yamaha Receiver RX-V363 and playing through JBL SCS145.5 speakers) powered by 5V 2.5a power supply through the RPi3

Durio Sound Durio Sound
Durio Sound PRO

Build#2 w/ HiFiBerry Amp+ (connected to a pair of Panasonic SB-CH33 6ohm/80w freestanding speakers) powered by a Biznet 12V 5A 60W generic power supply through the HiFiBerry Amp+

https://www.hifiberry.com/products/ampplus/
https://www.amazon.com/BINZET-Supply...dp/B00VA27NRK/

After initial set-up via Google Chrome browser interface [http://moode.local] via LAN, I now control both w/ M.A.L.P. MPD Client via my Samsung Galaxy S7 via wifi.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...teshipone.malp

Was also considering MPD Remote as they both have the most recent updates (but have not tried this one yet):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=net.prezz.mpr

So stoked with the sound quality from both builds. May have to treasure hunt the local thrift stores for some more speakers to feed the HiFiBerry Amp+ set-up!

Looking forward to moOde 3.5!

Cheers,
Dennis
Old 21st March 2017, 12:22 AM   #6764
diyAudio Member

Hello Tim! Great to see all the progress on 3.5! Looking forward to seeing it working!!!

For the first time I have run into problems with Moode after consisten power failures yesterday and I am a bit stuck. Probably it's a very simple thing, but not sure how to debug further.

- Moode OS starts correctly and I can ssh into Moode.local, so the daemon is, apparently, configured correctly.
- Aparently the alsa configuration is working and accessing the USB DAC correctly as I can play from Spotify Connect
- moode.local returns "page temporarily unavailable" (as does trying to access via IP)
- as far as I can tell, MPD service is not starting upon start up.
- if I start MPD service with /etc/mpd.conf, I can access it remotely with iPhone app, but playing a file just never starts. It's not working. The library is all there, so I'm guessing it's more an audio configuration rather than a library issue?

Thanks for any feedback or instructions! Thanks!
Best regards,
Rafa.

Not really sure how to troubleshoot. Obviously burning the Moode image again would fix everything, but I'd like to know what went wrong.
Old 21st March 2017, 12:48 AM   #6765
diyAudio Member

Perhaps I spoke too soon. Where should the USB contents show? In the /mnt folder? It's not showing there. Refreshing the mod library left only the stereo test on the library.

Still, no access to the nginx served php files.

All is broken!
Old 21st March 2017, 02:20 AM   #6766
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaPolit View Post
Perhaps I spoke too soon. Where should the USB contents show? In the /mnt folder? It's not showing there. Refreshing the mod library left only the stereo test on the library.

Still, no access to the nginx served php files.

All is broken!
Hi Rafa,

USB drives are auto-mounted by disk label to /media folder.

Try a fresh image.

-Tim
Old 21st March 2017, 06:03 AM   #6767
diyAudio Member

Hi Tim, in post #6745, the Audio Configuration screenshot, could you tell us a bit more about the Equalizer DSP item? or maybe link to a post? My search-fu has failed.
I'm hoping for a connection to BruteFIR or something similar. THAT would be cool.
Thanks a bunch
Michael
Old 21st March 2017, 11:17 AM   #6768
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelEve View Post
Hi Tim, in post #6745, the Audio Configuration screenshot, could you tell us a bit more about the Equalizer DSP item? or maybe link to a post? My search-fu has failed.
I'm hoping for a connection to BruteFIR or something similar. THAT would be cool.
Thanks a bunch
Michael
Hi Michael,

The EQ is an implementation of alsaequal that was created by user @YvonL. It includes a list of preset curves and is meant for providing a basic set of adjustments, mainly for headphone use I would imagine.

Something like BruteFIR is possible but would require a substantial work effort.

-Tim
Attached Images
File Type: png moode-r35-eq.png (128.2 KB, 191 views)
Old 21st March 2017, 01:39 PM   #6769
diyAudio Member

Could a backup utility to save all settings be included in 3.5? I think that many would find this time saving when having to install a fresh image.

Ian
Old 21st March 2017, 03:31 PM   #6770
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Hi Michael,

The EQ is an implementation of alsaequal that was created by user @YvonL. It includes a list of preset curves and is meant for providing a basic set of adjustments, mainly for headphone use I would imagine.

Something like BruteFIR is possible but would require a substantial work effort.

-Tim
I have begun to use Viper4android which has a convolution engine in it which allows for room correction using IRS samples in another music sertup. I now understand the big deal regarding this setup as opposed to a simple equalizer setup as outlined above. The sound quality can be improved by an order of magnitude. Once I get a bit more time (after the snow is melted) and some miles on MoOde 3.5 I will investigate the possibilities of implementing brutefir hopefully without a huge effort.

Yvon.

Hide this!Advertise here!