Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi - Page 600 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th January 2017, 04:02 AM   #5991
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Hi,

SoX multithreading working in Moode 3.2 :-)

-Tim
Great news!!!!
Old 12th January 2017, 04:24 PM   #5992
Jerms is online now Jerms  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwhitear View Post
Does anyone know if a can stream via Bluetooth to Moode? I'm thinking of an Amazon Echo Dot, which can only connect via Aux or Bluetooth. I'd like to stream Spotify from the Echo Dot via my Moode player through my DAC.
I think the answer is "not easily". Though if someone tells me I'm wrong and that it is easy, well, that might be a pleasant surprise.

AIUI Linux bluetooth audio requires Pulseaudio (or similar?!?). This was not the case in the past when it interfaced to ALSA.

It may be possible to do it, though it would require some fancy dancing to get Pulseaudio to appear as an input to MPD/MoOde.
Old 13th January 2017, 01:11 AM   #5993
Jempie is offline Jempie  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Reboot and then post output from the cmd below and I'll investigate.

cat /var/log/moode.log

-Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jempie View Post
sorry i'm an newbie how can i do this

thx
can anybody please help me with this im totally new with this

thx
Old 13th January 2017, 02:24 AM   #5994
rongon is offline rongon  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi,

cat /var/log/moode.log

-Tim

thx
I think Tim's asking you to SSH (remote connect) into your Raspberry Pi and run a program from the command line, using the command he gave you. You may need to take a screenshot (Alt+PrtScr in Windows) showing the text the program outputs.

If you don't have it set up already, connect your Pi to your network (probably best to use Ethernet connection). Download and install a program named PuTTy on your Windows PC.

Download PuTTY - a free SSH and telnet client for Windows

Run Putty, username = pi, password = raspberry. I think you need to put the phrase "sudo" before each command, but I'm not sure of that (being that I'm a complete newbie too).

I hope that helps get you started.
--
Old 13th January 2017, 02:26 AM   #5995
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi,

cat /var/log/moode.log

-Tim

thx
Find friend who understand
Old 13th January 2017, 01:19 PM   #5996
barryso is offline barryso  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to barryso Send a message via MSN to barryso Send a message via Yahoo to barryso
Default Putty/SSH

Here's a tutorial on using putty. If this one doesn't help there are videos on Youtube that will show you how it works. Just do a search on "putty howto" or "ssh howto".

The instructions look intimidating but it's really a pretty simple process. After you do it once or twice it'll become second nature to you.

https://mediatemple.net/community/pr...-ssh-in-putty-
Old 13th January 2017, 07:04 PM   #5997
diyAudio Member

Hi, can anyone tell me of MoodeAudio has built-in support for the HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro on-board clocks? Thanks!
Old 13th January 2017, 08:31 PM   #5998
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefang View Post
Hi, can anyone tell me of MoodeAudio has built-in support for the HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro on-board clocks? Thanks!
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "support for the on-board clocks".
I have a HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro working with Moode, and the default state that HAT board works in is Master mode, whereby the RPi is slaved to the DAC+ Pro's on-board clocks rather than vice versa.
I have seen references to various hacks that can allow the HB DAC+ Pro to work in slave mode, for instance with a Kali re-clocker or similar, but it takes some doing.
In all other cases, the HB DAC+ Pro works in Master clock mode with an RPi as slave, and yes Moode is compatible/has the I2S configuration for it.
Old 13th January 2017, 10:06 PM   #5999
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyFresh View Post
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "support for the on-board clocks".
I have a HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro working with Moode, and the default state that HAT board works in is Master mode, whereby the RPi is slaved to the DAC+ Pro's on-board clocks rather than vice versa.
I have seen references to various hacks that can allow the HB DAC+ Pro to work in slave mode, for instance with a Kali re-clocker or similar, but it takes some doing.
In all other cases, the HB DAC+ Pro works in Master clock mode with an RPi as slave, and yes Moode is compatible/has the I2S configuration for it.
Thanks for the reply. My HB DAC+ Pro hasn't arrived yet but I'm using the 3.5mm output on my Pi2 right now with Volumio. The webif is pretty glitchy so I think I'll Moode on there. It looks like Moode is more actively developed than any of the other options at the moment so I'm glad I found this.

Why would one want the DAC clocks to be slave to the Pi? It seems to me that if the DAC clocks are the ones designed for audio processing then you'd want them to be the master on a box that was dedicated to playing music.
Old 13th January 2017, 10:18 PM   #6000
ultrafi is offline ultrafi  United States
diyAudio Member

The short answer is "yes".

Hide this!Advertise here!