Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st September 2015, 10:57 AM   #511
maestroji is offline maestroji  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

"Just a big vote of thanks to Tim for his superb efforts and unstinting helpfulness bringing MoOde to us all."

I agree totally with that.

Thank you TC.
Old 1st September 2015, 03:08 PM   #512
zeepup is offline zeepup  Canada
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE7 View Post
Just a big vote of thanks to Tim for his superb efforts and unstinting helpfulness bringing MoOde to us all..

It always works !! Given the speed of development (Monthly releases !!! ) it continues to go from strength to strength. Every release improves upon the last and user feedback is actioned almost before it appears...

Well done Tim !!
Totally agree ! I can't wait to start using it on my new tablet next week
Old 1st September 2015, 09:18 PM   #513
Zootalaws is offline Zootalaws  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morias View Post
Thanks for the update to 2.2

I have been busy over the weekend re-encoding all my flac files into mp3 to get the embedded cover art to show up.

However, after updating the cover art isn't working and I can't find the setting under which it is controlled. Has this setting been removed in 2.2 or am I just too tired to see it?
You can embed cover art in FLAC as well: On a PC use foobar2000, on a Mac use xACT, dunno what to use on Linux, but there will be something.

Encoding from FLAC to MP3 is a very backwards step, IMO.
Old 1st September 2015, 09:28 PM   #514
zeepup is offline zeepup  Canada
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootalaws View Post
You can embed cover art in FLAC as well: On a PC use foobar2000, on a Mac use xACT, dunno what to use on Linux, but there will be something.

Thanks for this, I'm going to rip a pile of my store bought cd's to flac and put onto my server
Old 1st September 2015, 09:37 PM   #515
diyAudio Member

Just make sure that the cover art you use is small in data size, or you blow out your FLAC file. I would use 8-bit at 250x250px and low (10, 20) JPEG encoding - it shows up perfectly well in Moode, but only adds about 50kB to the file.

I wasn't paying attention once and used a full-sized cover art jpg - it was about 2k x 2k px at 24 bit - it added about 4MB to each track.

I don't actually use embedded art, I find adding the folder.jpg file is perfectly adequate and cuts down on bit bloat.
Old 1st September 2015, 09:41 PM   #516
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tppc View Post
Hi,

Several requests for this, and its on my to-do list but first I want to fix bugs :-)

Regards,
Tim
"Bugs, Mr. Rico. Millions of 'em!"

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 1st September 2015, 10:06 PM   #517
Morias is offline Morias
diyAudio Member

Quote:

I don't want to run from a NAS and have all my files on a tiny 64gb usb key. Unfortunately the flac files do not fit so I need to compress.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 2nd September 2015, 01:46 AM   #518
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Just make sure that the cover art you use is small in data size, or you blow out your FLAC file. I would use 8-bit at 250x250px and low (10, 20) JPEG encoding - it shows up perfectly well in Moode, but only adds about 50kB to the file.

I wasn't paying attention once and used a full-sized cover art jpg - it was about 2k x 2k px at 24 bit - it added about 4MB to each track.

I don't actually use embedded art, I find adding the folder.jpg file is perfectly adequate and cuts down on bit bloat.
Hi,

I'd suggest 600x600px or something with decent resolution so it will look good if displayed on a large panel.

I have a feature in the works that provides an album art view. The usage scenario is where a big tablet or locally attached display is placed on top of the speaker or somewhere in the front so the nice album art can be seen from the listening spot. It's the digital version of placing the LP jacket on a stand next to the TT. You analog guys know what i'm talking about :-)

Regards,
Tim
Old 2nd September 2015, 01:48 AM   #519
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
"Bugs, Mr. Rico. Millions of 'em!"

Click the image to open in full size.
lawls
Old 2nd September 2015, 09:17 AM   #520
f3rn4nd0d is offline f3rn4nd0d
diyAudio Member

Hello,

First of all, thanks a lot Tim. Last version is working as good as the previous one. I'm still having some clicks and pops when the songs start and end (Pi-DAC+) and I don't know if there is a bug, limitation or something I can improve to remove them.

I have a request, don't know if it is a new one or not.

Many times I dont have a network (Wi-Fi or Ethernet) to connect to, so I'd love to connect a USB pendrive to the Raspberry Pi and reproduce automatically whatever is there. I can use tethering on my mobile and connect to moode with MPDroid, but sometimes I cannot do it.

Thanks and best regards / Fernando

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!