Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Not sure if Moode adresses this but wants to bring it to Tim's attention. It concerns a crack of the WPA2 encryption. The chance of your system being infiltrated is slim but the following website does advise to install the latest RPI versions.

Main article - PSA: Severe Vulnerability in All Wi-Fi Devices

List of devices affected and updates...

List of Firmware & Driver Updates for KRACK WPA2 Vulnerability

Hi,

Thanks for bringing that serious security issue to our attention. moOde will pick up the patches as they are released into mainline Raspbian and Linux kernels.

-Tim

Hallo Tim and community

Is it possible to use the new Terry-Berry DAC 2 under MoOde 3.8.4 via the IS2 interface? If so, which audio device description must be taken?

Thank you.

Best regards

RaspberryPi Terra-BerryDAC - テラテクノス株式会社

2017-10-17 23.54.33.png

I've just installed the latest moode onto my Pi3 for the first time and so far so good, except.....
How can I select albums or genres or artists to play (add to playlist I suppose)?

At the moment the library only allows track selection one by one, extremely frustrating.
Surely adding the 3 dots to the genre, artist and album columns would be a good idea?
ATM the only way is to search through the NAS folders in Browse, what a waste of time when the library has sorted them for me. I have many TBs of music folders on my NASs (100k+ tracks).
Please pretty please correct this functionality, it's almost a deal breaker for me.
Why does nobody else complain about this? I've read a few complaints here that only just skirt the issue.
Am I missing something?
Otherwise I'm quite happy with this new Moode into my RasPi3. Networking certainly seems more rugged than volumio. I run across many eth switchers and AP wifis.
Crossing my fingers!

Last edited:
@moggy....
Library view...... down below = Browse..Library View...Playback

Thanks for replying but I don't follow you.
Yes there are menus at the bottom for browse, library and playback. I know them well.
In library view I am unable to select an album or artist to play, only tracks.
Only in Browse view can I select a folder/album to add to playlist.
I wish to add genre, artist or album to my playlist (I'd be happy with just album for the moment).

I dug further...........
It's the icon at the bottom of the tracks (I missed your 2nd line thinking it was a part of your signature, sorry) .
Not exactly documented or intuitive but at least it is there, thank you Tim.
Clicking on the icon at the bottom allows me to select all tracks within that album, artist or genre.
Wonderful. Now I'm a happy chappy.

:):):):):):):):):):):)

I have a HIFiBerry Digi+Pro on order and will use a great DAC with it.
(My present HiFiBerryDAC+ isn't good enough for those interested)

Rune was basic in the extreme, volumio has networking problems and intermittent queue problems. Roon looked possible but expensive.
I'm now really looking forward to running my moodePi3 setup for great audio.
Thanks Tim.

Last edited:
In Library view..... select genre or artist..... look at panel bottom right...
All that genre or artist will be shown=tracks/time.
Click on artwork there or moode logo and options show = Play /Add /Clear and play

@ moggy ........
Now I'm a happy chappy

:) when in doubt....scroll around a bit....

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2017-10-18 17-20-04.png
    Screenshot from 2017-10-18 17-20-04.png
    145.7 KB · Views: 279
  • Screenshot from 2017-10-18 17-20-38.png
    Screenshot from 2017-10-18 17-20-38.png
    246.2 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
@Blackfear
Have you tried this DAC with the ES9038Q2M and how did you connect it to the pins on the RPi3 (BCK on pin 12, LRCK on pin 35, DATA on pin 40, and GND on pin 34, 39 ...)?

P.S. Can Moode convert in DSD format on fly all files that play?
Hello, not yet first I need to make power supply +-15V, then i will order it and try to pair it with Kali reclocker, so maybe during 3 - 4 weeks i will have more info...but some users who has previous cheap 9028q2m said that it didnt work with reclocker properly... :eek:

Folks.

Don't panick. That WLAN bug is IMO pushed by the media.
Hacker can just access your network layer this way. Probability that this happens: 0.000.... . This won't cause me sleepless nights. :sleep:
A hacker who just wants to listen to your music streams has to get
right in front of your house with a scanner and stay there.
And then he might be able to enjoy a Moode audio stream. Yep. That might be worth it. :D

Most stuff that's accessed on the internet is encrypted over https anyhow.

However. If u use public network shares without password inside your net, you'll face a risk. Though I doubt that any of you puts confidential data on an open network share.

We all better don't want to know about the numerous other ways to access our stuff - ways which are not pushed by the media.
The best hacking story I read for a long time happened rather recently, when Israeli hackers met Russian hackers inside Kaspersky, while Russians were hacking NSA through Kaspersky. :D

Enjoy.

software volume control flips back to 0

Running RPi0 with phatdac with latest moodeaudio 3 series.

One minor irritation, I can turn on the volume with the circular icon but immediately flips back to 0, but the actual volume does not revert back to 0.

Do I have to adjust a setting?, a bug?

thanks,