Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi - Page 501 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th October 2016, 07:31 PM   #5001
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Hi,

Attached screen shots show the new Moode 3.0 Audio config, Squeezelite config and System config pages. Thanks to inmate SC for the nice suggestions for improving the UI :-)

Note the new setting on System config for CPU governor. Setting the governor to "Performance" runs the CPU at fixed max frequency. The default setting "On Demand" runs the CPU at varying frequency depending on load.

-Tim
Hi,

Just a friendly bump :-)

-Tim
Attached Images
File Type: png moode-r30-1-cfgmenu.png (198.6 KB, 616 views)
File Type: png moode-r30-2-audiocfg.png (157.4 KB, 581 views)
File Type: png moode-r30-3-slcfg.png (144.1 KB, 568 views)
File Type: png moode-r30-4-syscfg1.png (182.0 KB, 546 views)
File Type: png moode-r30-4-syscfg2.png (149.1 KB, 536 views)
Old 25th October 2016, 08:30 PM   #5002
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE7 View Post
Wow ! better and better and better.....seems the acorn that was Tcmods has grown to a fine and stout MoOde oak.

Congratulations Tim !
Your continued development keeps us all on our toes...have to go and find out about this Squeezy thing now

Cheers, Bob
Hi Bob,

Here's a few screen shots showing LMS, LMS Web Remote, LMS info and Moode Squeezelite indicator.

LMS is running on my Mac Air.

-Tim
Attached Images
File Type: png moode-r30-a-lmsadv.png (132.6 KB, 239 views)
File Type: png moode-r30-b-slweb.png (252.6 KB, 218 views)
File Type: png moode-r30-c-slinfo.png (298.7 KB, 207 views)
File Type: png moode-r30-d-moode.png (259.5 KB, 216 views)
Old 25th October 2016, 08:32 PM   #5003
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewnadir View Post
Brilliant. I wish I had more tech-savvy old folks in my life, then I wouldn't lapse into false generalizations so often! Consider this an apology and a retraction.
Nah, not needed. Just pulling your leg. 50 is the new 30
Old 25th October 2016, 09:09 PM   #5004
DRONE7 is offline DRONE7  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Hi Bob,

Here's a few screen shots showing LMS, LMS Web Remote, LMS info and Moode Squeezelite indicator.

LMS is running on my Mac Air.

-Tim
Soooo, lets see if I have this right..... the LMedia server runs on another os on another (or several instances and other) hardware such as laptop, desktop,tablet, phone and sends audio files to MoOde for playback through the RPi and associated hardware.

This/these LMS' (you can have several devices serving files to MoOde ?) are controlled from the MoOde web client..
Old 25th October 2016, 09:56 PM   #5005
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philrandal View Post
Some USB wifi adaptors do not play well with 40MHz-wide channels.

It's worth testing with 20MHz channels and then seeing if things still work when you up the bandwidth to 40Mhz.

Phil
Further...

40MHz can problematic in high-density urban areas for a number of reasons, in addition to being problematic with 802.11a/b/g devices. It forces you to use channel 1, which can be jammed in many areas, resulting in even worse performance than 20MHz.

In such situations, you are better off with 20MHz as it allows you to be more selective about which channels you use.

If you live in an apartment block, you can take the 'less is more' approach by reducing your routers power, it is less likely to 'bump' into competing networks and have to back off, resulting in better overall throughput.

I probably shouldn't have even raised the spectre of 40MHz on 2.4GHz - it's great to play with to see what maximum throughput you can achieve, but unless your network is comprised of all 802.11n, unless you are in a clutter-free area with little interference, unless your house is wifi-friendly, construction wise, you are likely to make things more problematic. Living in an area where mine is the only wifi signal I can see and in an 'open' wooden house, such as my one in NZ, gives me much more latitude, which may not be suitable in NA and Europe.

More transceivers, such as seen in 450, 600, 750, 900, 1200Mbps and up routers, is an affordable and easily-integrated way of solving wifi gremlins.
Old 25th October 2016, 09:57 PM   #5006
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Soooo, lets see if I have this right..... the LMedia server runs on another os on another (or several instances and other) hardware such as laptop, desktop,tablet, phone and sends audio files to MoOde for playback through the RPi and associated hardware.

This/these LMS' (you can have several devices serving files to MoOde ?) are controlled from the MoOde web client..
Hi Bob,

The Squeeze system is similar to UPnP A/V and Airplay but more powerful.

In it's simplest configuration:

- LMS is server and indexes the music collection
- Squeezelite is client and receives streams from LMS
- LMS Web Remote functions as the Player UI

LMS and Squeezelite can exist on the same host or different hosts.

There are other Remote Controllers for example iPeng for IOS and Orange Squeeze for Android.

Regards,
Tim
Old 25th October 2016, 09:58 PM   #5007
diyAudio Member

Quote:

Moode acts as the renderer. You control it through the various Logitech apps.

In effect, pretending to be a squeezebox in the same way it pretends to be an airplay speaker
Old 25th October 2016, 11:18 PM   #5008
diyAudio Member

Nice simple explanation!

Having lms working on moode will be very interesting for me as I'm already running lms. Thank u for this Tim
Old 25th October 2016, 11:24 PM   #5009
DRONE7 is offline DRONE7  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Thanks Tim and Zootalaws...
Yes that makes sense... I've used Daphile on laptops so presumably that's an instance of "LMS and Squeezelite can exist on the same host"

From the screenshots earlier it seems that squeezelite is selected in the MoOde web UI and then another web UI (LMS Remote or others ?) becomes the controller.

Looking forward to trying this out especially if it can play files from multiple devices to MoOde.

@Zootalaws....
Quote:
"Living in an area where mine is the only wifi signal I can see"
Sounds like rural Wellingumboot ?
I'm beginning to wonder if we're within waving distance of each other... Judgeford by any chance...?
Old 26th October 2016, 03:39 AM   #5010
diyAudio Member

Hi guys!

Comparing a LMS- squeezelite- system- regardless in which combination (both on one device or separated), it sounded significantly inferior to a pure MPD- based player.
LMS is really nice to look at and has Incredible features implemented, but to me- Sound Quality is the knock out factor.

Greetingz, Robert

Hide this!Advertise here!