Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Now to another issue I'm having with the more recent version of moode (3.8.x) with Piano2.1 / Kali.

Over Airplay, the only setting I can get sound from is Advanced-LL Kernel, bit depth 24 or 32 and sampling rate at 352.8 kHz any other setting doesn't output any sound at all. "Volume control" can be "Auto" or "Software", in either case no sound.

Now to another issue I'm having with the more recent version of moode (3.8.x) with Piano2.1 / Kali.

Over Airplay, the only setting I can get sound from is Advanced-LL Kernel, bit depth 24 or 32 and sampling rate at 352.8 kHz any other setting doesn't output any sound at all. "Volume control" can be "Auto" or "Software", in either case no sound.

I think at present you will have to disable glb_mclk to be able to use other settings.

Thanks @jonners ! that did it. I was under the impression that "glb_mclk: disable" would bypass the Kali clock altogether..

Previous releases of Moode didn't have the glb_mclk option, so although Kali was feeding the DAC, the PLL was still operating and potentially limiting the SQ.
I think this option is one of the delights that has arrived via Soundcheck. ;)

Hello Tim,

I just installed the version 3.8.4 on a RPi3. I intend to use Minidsp 2x4HD as the USB DAC.

Under Configure -> Audio -> MPD Settings -> Audio output - I only see onboard audio device option. I do not have option to select USB Device. Can you please help how I can fix this.

Also is there a way to make Moode read windows media player playlist?

Last edited:
Hello Tim,

I just installed the version 3.8.4 on a RPi3. I intend to use Minidsp 2x4HD as the USB DAC.

Under Configure -> Audio -> MPD Settings -> Audio output - I only see onboard audio device option. I do not have option to select USB Device. Can you please help how I can fix this.

Also is there a way to make Moode read windows media player playlist?

In the setup guide:

2. AUDIO DEVICE SETUP
- USB DEVICE
a) Menu, Configure, Audio, MPD options: EDIT SETTINGS
b) leave Volume control set to "Software"
c) set Audio output to "USB audio device" then APPLY

No, Moode won't read a WMP playlist but you can create an m3u playlist from WMP.

Better than that is to setup a share to your music content and point Moode to that share via the configure>sources option.

Hi Bob,

Where do you get the original text?

El Cant de la Sibil·la Provençal

-Tim

Ah, some more sleuthing and it appears the stations playlist perhaps comes via a third party ?? whose poor attention to detail is responsible...
This link has all the errors I am seeing. Either it is providing them or AncientFM is sending incorrectly formatted data to them. Either way it appears not to be language/locale pack redeemable as I first hoped.
Ancient FM playlist

I will try asking AncientFM direct.

Last edited:
In the setup guide:

I tried exactly like in the instructions in Set-up guide. But I don't have any other option in the Audio Output. The only option I see is On-board Audio Device.

Edit: Never mind, when I connected the device it showed up.

Attachments

• Moode-Config.jpg
    Moode-Config.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
Hi,

So now I'm getting a bunch of JUNK MAIL from StereoNet <noreply@stereo.net.au>) suggesting

"Now you can play FLAC on your iPhone"

-Tim

LOL. When I looked at that site, my first thought was that it was going to be one of those 'make me money' sites.

Right now I am plagued with the same google ad following me about - six iterations of it on the same page on some web sites - for 'cool' silk boxer shorts - not something I would be caught dead wearing and no matter how many times I tell google ads I'm not interested, I've seen it too many times, it's inappropriate, I just keep getting the same ad.

I'm seriously considering an ad blocker. :)

Hi,

I agree that design is equally as important as function, and your suggestions were good ones and I assume easily understood.

There are many features that could be implemented but they compete for development time. This particular feature is not currently on my TODO list but it could be if I get a lot of requests for it.

-Tim

:D

Attachments

• IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 311