Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi,

Here is work-in-progress release notes for 2.2. Screen shot shows new USB max current setting.

Regards,
moodeaudio.org
Moode Twitter Feed
Tim

======================
2.2 Release 2015-08-DD
======================

New features

- NEW: Shairport-sync Airplay receiver for synchronized multi-room audio
- NEW: Support for embedded Album Art in FLAC and MP3 audio files
- NEW: Support for Album Art display in MPoD/MPaD clients
- NEW: Set USB current to 2x for improved support of non-powered USB storage devices
- NEW: Analog volume controls automatically set for IQaudIO+ devices

Media

- NEW:

Updates

- UPD: New logic for making text for MPD Audio output field
- UPD: Add AudioQuest DragonFly and TEAC UD-501 to audio device db
- UPD: Add Cyenne Audio CY-3100, CY-3100SE and CY-5100dsd MK-II to audio device db
- UPD: Add contrib to About popup for Mike Brady, author of shairport-sync
- UPD: Add contrib to About popup for Andreas Goetz (Moode 3.0 project)

Bug fixes

- FIX: Duplicate Artists listed in Library panel when artist belongs to multiple Genres (Andreas Goetz)
- FIX: song duration not appearing for song files in Playlist

Attachments

• moode-r22-usbcurrent1.png
    moode-r22-usbcurrent1.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 245
Hi,

Not true (for me). If I were going to spend time on something like this for a Moode release I would want the hardware to test against. U suggesting that I just cook some code up and send files back and forth, no way.

However, I think your idea is a good one, to have a serial interface for song data built into the player.

Regards,
Tim Curtis
I'm sure there's an app that can do that, maybe mp3tag? But I still think it'd be useful for the odd case when there's no tag for ahatever reason. Like I said, it's up to you. I'm ok with that.

Hi,

Not true (for me). If I were going to spend time on something like this for a Moode release I would want the hardware to test against. U suggesting that I just cook some code up and send files back and forth, no way.

Surely it's a case of sending the track data to the serial port in the same manner mldlcd sends it to a display. What/ how the arduino or other client does with that data is not as relevant from your perspective. The required serial data parameters for the arduino to understand the output are mentioned in that php example on the link you posted.

I wasn't suggesting that you work like that. I offered to send you an Arduino if you wanted to pursue the idea, but don't think it is necessary to have one in order to get the track data transmitted to the serial output of the pi.

Last edited:
Hey Tim. You have yet another convert - my daughter.

I am in NZ visiting my family and was shocked to find my grand-daughter growing up without a stereo - so they now have a very nice Pi2B/Moode/HifiBerry Amp+/B&W DM309 setup that is playing as I speak.

Discounting the time I drove down to pick up the speakers. it took me about an hour from nothing to playing music.

What a great app you have made. Thanks again.

(I feel like the Johnny Appleseed of Moode :) - this makes the sixth setup )

Last edited:
Hi Tim,

this is my very first time posting on diyaudio, I'm quite new to fluid music world, so I'm not an expert, but I really appreciate the effects your effort provides. Thanks a lot to all on this forum for this.

I would ask whether someone else find useful to have the input bit/bitrate reported under the album cover, in a small size font maybe, following the album/artist/title text.

I would find useful this addition in experimenting several input format.

Thanks again.

Max

I'm very pleased with the usability and sound quality of Moode V2.0 with PI2 & IQ Audio PI-Dac+.
I have it running with a local USB drive and controlled by my iPhone5 via wireless and it works flawlessly.

I have managed to get it to receive Spotify streamed via the iPhone using the "Shareplay" option. However I would like to be able to stream direct from the internet/router wirelessley to the PiDAC using the iPhone as the controller. If I can get this working well I will subscribe to one of the high res music providers.

What is the best way to do this?

Cheers,
Dave

I would like to be able to stream direct from the internet/router wirelessley to the PiDAC using the iPhone as the controller. If I can get this working well I will subscribe to one of the high res music providers.

What is the best way to do this?

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave.

Connecting to a service such as Spotify requires a Spotify client. Both in order to verify subscriber credentials, and provide a means of interfacing with their music database. The best way to use Moode for listening to such services is via Airplay, and it sounds like you are doing this already.

Hi Tim,

this is my very first time posting on diyaudio, I'm quite new to fluid music world, so I'm not an expert, but I really appreciate the effects your effort provides. Thanks a lot to all on this forum for this.

I would ask whether someone else find useful to have the input bit/bitrate reported under the album cover, in a small size font maybe, following the album/artist/title text.

I would find useful this addition in experimenting several input format.

Thanks again.

Max

Hi Max,

I've received several requests for this and have added it to my to-do list :)

Regards,
Tim Curtis

Hi Dave.

Connecting to a service such as Spotify requires a Spotify client. Both in order to verify subscriber credentials, and provide a means of interfacing with their music database. The best way to use Moode for listening to such services is via Airplay, and it sounds like you are doing this already.

Thanks Thommy.
Seems like Airplay is CD quality, so that's fine.

I am also having a go with Picoreplayer. This seems a bit more geeky to configure and I'm not sure it offers any benefit over the Airplay method.