Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Old Today, 08:39 PM   #14611
clmbmb is offline clmbmb
diyAudio Member
Originally Posted by mikaella View Post
Looks like 5th time's a charm. The issue is not in the software rather the UX - and here I have a suggestion that might help people who are first time moode users:

1. Let people know to check on the install via mosbrief. I didn't know this from the few bits of info under Support on the website.

It's confusing that even before the install is complete one can use the moode web interface and in case I do anything that installs something or reboots it corrupts the install.

2. Even better > Include the output of mosbrief in the web interface to know exactly at what step and where in the process a user is. And don't allow any interference until it's reached the end.

I stumbled upon the mosbrief here: Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
but really i think that extra bit would be helpful to be in the basic instructions on the website.

Now that I can be sure that the install finished without errors, the Screen and UI work - However no luck in getting the Synology NAS shares to work.

Thanks for everything,
I think there are a few people here (including myself) that offered to create a wiki about the installation process. I also had issues installing moOde 4.0 on my RPi 1B and it took 3 tries before I managed to do it.

So, as I said in a past post, I think a subreddit would be great for this project - first of all for opening different discussions on different technical issues, second because subreddits get a wiki which can be used for documentation. This forum post is getting very large and even searching through it doesn't help too much when you're in trouble.

Just my $0.02.

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!