Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Today, 01:00 PM   #12071
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandekennedylaan View Post
Hi Tim, high on my wishlist: add a song to a selectable existing playlist. Already thought of that?
Hi,

Give me an idea of how you want this to operate :-)

-Tim
Old Today, 01:15 PM   #12072
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serverbaboon View Post
Have you configured your password in Moode or BubbleUnpn?

If Moode may need to troubleshoot by enabling upnp logging.

But first did you install the Tidal part of upmpdcli as this is needed. Note I am only talking about the shared code there is no need to configure tidal.

Also try redoing pip install

Sudo pip install gmusicapi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morias View Post
Thanks Serverbaboon. I think I had everything installed and had configured my password in Moode. Just to be sure I reinstalled Upmpdcli which is item 4 of Component 6 and the gmusicapi (which said it was already installed). I then rebooted my raspberry pi.

That didn't make any difference and it still wouldn't play.

Using BubbleDs I then changed my library from "Moode UPNP-mediaserver" to "Local and Cloud" and configured Google Music in my phone.

It will now play music but I thought I was meant to use the library from Moode not local and cloud.
Hi,

Good question.

"...but I thought I was meant to use the library from Moode not local and cloud..."

Here is the link from JFD's site that provides some info on Music Services. I don't have Google Music, Tidal or Qobuz subscriptions so not able to test.
Upmpdcli

-Tim
Old Today, 01:16 PM   #12073
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootalaws View Post
Bluetooth out requires Blueman (Bluetooth manager)

sudo apt-get install pi-bluetooth blueman
Hi Mike,

Do you have a config that works where moOde is the sender?

-Tim
Old Today, 02:14 PM   #12074
jonners is offline jonners  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldhorse View Post
Just fooling around. Compiled an rt kernel and used the script to build moOde on top of it. This is what happens when I am spoiled by the wonderful build scripts by @koda59 and @HeBoo, I have extra time on my hands Excellent work guys!

Click the image to open in full size.

Now if I could just figure out how to enable max 384k PCM output via I2S, I'll be very happy. I wonder how one does that?
Good work! Would you be willing/able to provide an idiot-proof guide on how to do that?
I had reverted just now to listening via the LL Kernel on an earlier release of Moode when I saw your post.
Old Today, 02:29 PM   #12075
bnosereg is offline bnosereg
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnosereg View Post
@TimCurtis

Hi,Tim

I try to install moode on pi64(GitHub - bamarni/pi64: A 64-bit OS for the Raspberry Pi 3), but the php session maybe not work. There can't confirm any config items. It is connecting to the server for long time. I read your source code, found that SubmitJob function can't transfer the session to worker.sh. Would you please tell me how to solve this problem?

Regards,
bnosereg
/var/www/command/worker.php

$lock = fopen('/run/worker.pid', 'c+');

It can't create the file, exit with error. Modify it to '/tmp/worker.pid', doesn't work in the same way.
Old Today, 02:35 PM   #12076
bnosereg is offline bnosereg
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Pi64 is not yet mature as an OS, let alone the apps you might run on it. And like Kent, I would have to ask ‘why?’

The payback for 64bit OS’ are all in areas that the Pi doesn’t address, specifically OS RAM > 4GB. It isn’t ‘faster’ - it can be slower, with bigger tables, bigger address registers, etc.

Where 64bit gives significant boosts is with big RAM, and with crunching big numbers, which it can do in half the number of register calls as a 32bit OS.

When there is a mature 64bit OS for the Pi, no doubt most of the app developers that need bignumber support will produce a 64bit version, but unless they have coded their app with 64bit integer support, compiling it to run on Pi64 wont make any difference.

Given the vast number of 32bit Pi out there, I wouldn’t hold my breath, and there’s no need to - 32bit Pi is not holding you back, in any way.
So nice! Thanks a lot. I just want to see wether the sound on the 64bit os is better.
Old Today, 02:35 PM   #12077
TheOldPresbyope is offline TheOldPresbyope  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Bluetooth out requires Blueman (Bluetooth manager)

sudo apt-get install pi-bluetooth blueman
Thanks, Mike.

I have some cheap Bluetooth speakers I wouldn't want to listen to for long stretches, but I'd like to be able to use them while I'm testing at my desk.

When I tried to cobble together a working setup out of the core packages earlier this year I couldn't get all the gears to mesh with moOde. Blueman is written in GTK+ so I ignored it. I should look into what it does---maybe I missed something---and try again.

If moOde can be made to work as a Bluetooth media source, I'm sure Tim can cobble up the additional configuration option before the coffee break

Regards,
Kent
Old Today, 02:57 PM   #12078
TheOldPresbyope is offline TheOldPresbyope  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Hi,

Good question.

"...but I thought I was meant to use the library from Moode not local and cloud..."

Here is the link from JFD's site that provides some info on Music Services. I don't have Google Music, Tidal or Qobuz subscriptions so not able to test.
Upmpdcli

-Tim
Tidal works fine in my setup whether moOde or BubbleUPnP is the proxy media-server. I'll stand up a trial Google Play Music subscription and try using it with moOde today.

[off topic] Based on the financial reports I've been seeing on news-aggregator sites recently, Tidal will run out of money within a year. I only discovered it because moOde. I'm bummed.

Regards,
Kent
Old Today, 03:12 PM   #12079
goldhorse is online now goldhorse
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonners View Post
Good work! Would you be willing/able to provide an idiot-proof guide on how to do that?
I had reverted just now to listening via the LL Kernel on an earlier release of Moode when I saw your post.
Unfortunately there is no easy way to this, unless we can somehow get the precompiled advanced kernels.

This is what I did, and mind you, this still needs a lot of work as I haven't figured out a number of things yet.
Basically I followed the following steps from the official Raspi how-to on compiling kernels.

Kernel building - Raspberry Pi Documentation

The difference between the above steps when compiling the rt kernel is you need to get the rt patch for the standard kernel source you have downloaded.

So let's assume you are in your home directory:

Download kernel source:

git clone --depth=1 GitHub - raspberrypi/linux: Kernel source tree for Raspberry Pi Foundation-provided kernel builds. Issues unrelated to the linux kernel should be posted on the community forum at https://www.raspberrypi.org/forum
cd linux
wget 404 Not Found
sudo xzcat ../patch-4.9.65-rt57-rc2.patch.xz | patch -p1

I used this particular patch because you will get a 4.9.X version of the standard kernel from the git repository.
There are a lot of versions so get what works for you.

The other thing to do before starting to compile is after you have created the default .config file as per the Raspi guide, you'll have to edit the following areas in this file so they look like this:

##General Setup
CONFIG_LOCALVERSION_AUTO=y

##Kernel Features
# CONFIG_PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY is not set
CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT_FULL=y

##CPU Frequency scaling
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y
#CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_POWERSAVE is not set

There are a lot of configs in this file, and I feel I have just scratched the surface

Compiling on the Raspi itself is less complicated, but it took me 2 hours or more to finish.
Cross compiling on a Linux installed via virtualbox on a Mac took 40 minutes or so, but the steps are more complicated (also indicated in the Raspi compilation guide).

After that you simply apply the moOde build scripts aforementioned.

Hope this helps.

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!