Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th December 2017, 11:46 PM   #11601
yannig is offline yannig  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onionhead View Post
1.Exploring the wireless world is fantastic. If fees are involved that would nix that suggestion. Artwork seems to be there on my ipad.

2.Regarding Audirvana Plus - I can't speak intelligently about UPnP. Never knowingly used one in my life. All I can say is that somehow Audirvana Plus knows how to connect to Volumio. I can assure you it had NOTHING to do with any action on my part. It was like majic, it just happened. For if I had tried surely would have ended in disaster. If it is already built into MoOde beta 11 that is great. Will try to figure out how to get MoOde and with Audirvana Plus to play nice.

Tim

The folks on this forum have been really patient
Last version of Audirvana works perfectly with Moode as UPnP renderer.
and the sound is much better than Airplay.
Old 6th December 2017, 11:58 PM   #11602
onionhead is offline onionhead  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannig View Post
Very cool. Thanks I will try to figure it out.
Old 7th December 2017, 12:14 AM   #11603
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPresbyope View Post
@onionhead

1. I love exploring radio stations. I first came to moOde because it not only streamed stations but displayed station logos. I stayed for the quality of the output!

Adding a radio search feature in moOde seems doable with some moderate changes internally. Among other things, it requires an API to a third-party information server. Volumio appears to use Dirable (dirable.com) which charges a fee for their developer API-key according to their website. The RadioDroid app I have on my phone uses Radio-Browser (Community Radio Station Board) which has been mentioned on this list before. To quote from the maintainer, "This webservice can be used freely but without guarantee to work. I am keeping it online since more than 2 years now. But downtimes are possible and i am not always home to fix it " Who knows what its life expectancy is.

Neither server directly provides links to station logos so no nice artwork for the moOde Playback panel.

2. Isn't Audirvana Plus just using UPnP? moOde already has the ability to be a UPnP Renderer.

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent,

Most of the radio directory services including Community Radio Browser provide links to station logos of one sort or another. The images are of varying quality and some percentage of stations in these directories have no logo image link.

-Tim
Old 7th December 2017, 05:27 AM   #11604
Zootalaws is offline Zootalaws  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannig View Post
Even if you stream the audio using airplay? Surely not?

I think you’re confusing source with transport. In theory, upnp, DNLA and airport should allow a source to link to a destination without affecting the content in any way.

If you have evidence that’s not the case, I’m sure Apple would be very interested to talk to you.

‘Much better’ is subjective. Audirvana changes the music, to me that’s not ‘much better’ or even ‘a bit better’. Besides, they change it inside the Apple computer environment, not on any attached external device.

Try playing the same track via upnp as directly attached via USB and you’ll get the idea

Last edited by Zootalaws; 7th December 2017 at 05:36 AM.
Old 7th December 2017, 07:33 AM   #11605
soundcheck is offline soundcheck  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
...which means it hogs the audio output like Squeezelight and thus has to be turned off to release the output back to MPD/moOde...
FYI.

squeezelite offers a setting that releases the output after a configurable time interval.
Old 7th December 2017, 08:38 AM   #11606
AndrewBrown is offline AndrewBrown
diyAudio Member

Question Mood3 3.8 unusably sluggish on pi zero

I don't know if this is me, my card, or Moode 3.8, but it is unusable on a pi zero w with a justboom digi amp zero.

A completely fresh install will connect to the network correctly but that's about all it will do.
  • Takes three or four tries to accept the Justboom amp zero as its I2S card and even then won't output any sound.
  • does not update the playback screen with radio stations added from the browse screen to the playlist
  • does not respond to pressing the play button on the playback screen
As I say, this is a completely fresh install (on an old sd card) and all I have done is to configure the network to run on an ethernet connection and to tell it which amp is plugged in. But it's just dreadful.

Has anyone got any suggestions?
Old 7th December 2017, 09:30 AM   #11607
Man in a van is offline Man in a van  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

@Andrew Brown

In any order, try,

Clear browser cache

If using Windows flush the dns

Reboot the Zero

Reset the Router

Ronnie
Old 7th December 2017, 09:51 AM   #11608
AndrewBrown is offline AndrewBrown
diyAudio Member

Tried all those things, but will try again later. I suspect a problem with the justboom board, but it has worked in the past.
Old 7th December 2017, 11:42 AM   #11609
mescalin is offline mescalin
diyAudio Member

Hi Tim I'm using Songcast stream to windows sound and sc2mpd alsa playback is very low latency please add to moode audio sc2mpd alsaplayback mod. ım now using beta 11 and setup sc2mpd but seting alsaplayback conf no sound moode because permission of upmpdcli to root but ı dont now how do it ım beginner linux user.
Old 7th December 2017, 01:23 PM   #11610
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcheck View Post
FYI.

squeezelite offers a setting that releases the output after a configurable time interval.
Hi Klaus,

Yes it works except there are couple of issues that make it difficult for Squeezelite to coexist nicely with MPD like shairport-sync does. The two main issues are:

1) It does not provide event hooks that would allow moOde to restore its own (MPD) volume setting after squeezelight releases the audio output.
2) It resets ALSA (hardware) volume to 0 when Playback stops.

For example lets say your DAC has a hardware (ALSA) volume controller named "Master" and Squeezelite is configured with the settings: -V Master -C 3

CASE 1: MPD configured for Software volume.

In this case moOde sets ALSA volume to 0dB (100%) but Squeezelite will reset it to 0% after Playback ends thus when user resumes MPD Playback, no sound. User would have to use moOde Audio config to manually reset ALSA volume back to 100%. Not good.

CASE 2: MPD configured for Hardware volume.

In this case ALSA volume is set by moOde/MPD logarithmically and Squeezelite also will use a log curve to set ALSA volume, however it resets it to 0% after Playback ends thus when user resumes MPD Playback, no sound. When user bumps moOde volume knob the correct ALSA volume is reestablished for MPD but the initial "No sound" condition typically generates a support email. Not good.

Shairport-sync also uses Hardware volume if it exists but it provides two event hooks that can be used to run a script or bin (1) before Playback starts and (2) after Playback ends. This makes it easy for moOde to restore its own volume level and even to automatically resume MPD playback :-)

-Tim

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!