Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

sorry something went wrong with that image - first time I tried to make a slim one. I have uploaded the 16gb image that has been tested by others. You will probably need a 32GB card or at least a 16GB card.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x66b3we8xo5xi7g/AACkKxugYwtGqDCxAg4RVYi3a?dl=0

I will try and make a new small image for RPI 3.

Henry, I tried moode4.img on my Pi3 and had some progress :)

Now moode boots and i can access it via moode.local/ in a Pi3.

However in the "MDP config - Audio output: " remains fixed at "I2S audio device"

USB cannot be selected like on moode2.5 on Pi2, even tho the USB Chord Mojo is plugged in and recognised by OS (check via hdmi output).

There there any way i can change a config file to change the output device to USB?

Thanks for the new build, it's better :)

Just select the Album in Library view, then click on the album art/ikon and a menu will appear which will do the job.
Thanks - sorry another quick question. Is there a way to clear the current MPD Library and re-scan to build a new one?

It appears I've got duplicate entries in my Library. I'd like to avoid deleting my MPD Configuration now that my IQ Audio card is working (but obviously it is possible to re input those settings if required).

However in the "MDP config - Audio output: " remains fixed at "I2S audio device"

USB cannot be selected like on moode2.5 on Pi2, even tho the USB Chord Mojo is plugged in and recognised by OS (check via hdmi output).

There there any way i can change a config file to change the output device to USB?

Have you set 'I2S Audio Device' to 'None' in the System Configuration?

In the setup you have to unselect I2S, then you should be able to select USB.

Thanks - sorry another quick question. Is there a way to clear the current MPD Library and re-scan to build a new one?

It appears I've got duplicate entries in my Library. I'd like to avoid deleting my MPD Configuration now that my IQ Audio card is working (but obviously it is possible to re input those settings if required).

Why not just remove the duplicates and click 'Update MPD DB'? Will that not do what you want?

Last edited:
Why not just remove the duplicates and click 'Update MPD DB'? Will that not do what you want?
I've got my audio files on USB at the moment. Maybe it is because I've been inadvertently swapping USB ports but I think I've run Update MPD DB a few times (on various boots after potentially swapping ports) and that's what's caused the duplicate entries.

I only have no duplicates of the actual physical files on the USB drive (just in the Library).

I've got my audio files on USB at the moment. Maybe it is because I've been inadvertently swapping USB ports but I think I've run Update MPD DB a few times (on various boots after potentially swapping ports) and that's what's caused the duplicate entries.

I only have no duplicates of the actual physical files on the USB drive (just in the Library).

OK so maybe you would have to Update after removing the USB files (to clear the library), then Update again after replacing them?

Hi,

moodeOS Milestone #3 is complete. All components including core and non-core installed and configured. Moode Audio Player working perfectly so far on custom J-Lite. Performance is outstanding :)

moodeOS is based on most recent 2016-03-18 J-Lite (4.1.19 Linux kernel). It includes custom compiled components and stock components at their latest releases under Jessie. Many of the new component releases required configuration changes and changes to Moode software. Looking ahead to Milestone #4, the focus will be on optimization, evaluating replacement components, additional code changes to take advantage of certain features in J-Lite and stress testing for stability and robustness.

When complete, moodeOS will provide a solid, forward-looking OS platform for running Moode Audio Player, fully support the entire family of Raspberry Pi boards from Pi-0 through latest Pi-3, and offer a familiar configuration to Raspbian community making it easy to DIY :)

Regards,
Tim

Hi,

Just a friendly bump :)

Testing a replacement auto-mount bin that mounts USB drives by disk label. Browse panel shows a single USB root folder that can be expanded showing the labeled USB disks. Simple and easy to navigate.

-Tim

Attachments

• moodeos-logotype-v1-black.png
    moodeos-logotype-v1-black.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 217
  • moodeos10-about.png
    moodeos10-about.png
    292.7 KB · Views: 212
  • moodeos10-ssh.png
    moodeos10-ssh.png
    244.2 KB · Views: 223
Last edited: