Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd November 2015, 10:05 PM   #1101
Guitarfreak is offline Guitarfreak  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hello,
this is Daniel from germany. I am using a raspberry pi 2 and a Hifiberry DAC+Pro Audio card. I tried Max2play first but i decided to change to Moode Audio. But i cant get the WLAN working. I followed the setup guide exactly and also burned the sd card again to avoid mistakes there. But it will not work.
When i shut the raspberry down and disconnect the ethernet, the wifi wont connect. I tried several minutes to an hour nothing.

Any suggestions please?
Iam using a EDIMAX wlan stick, that worked before :/
Best regards
Daniel
Old 23rd November 2015, 10:13 PM   #1102
Bibio is offline Bibio  Scotland
diyAudio Member

check your router is on the same security protocal

WPA or WPA2

SSID xxxxxxxx

Passphrase/security key xxxxxxxx

once you have put the relevant info into the wifi and saved wait till it boots up again and make sure that both wifi and lan are connected. shut down the RPi and then remove the lan cable and start up RPi again. this worked for me.
Old 24th November 2015, 01:26 AM   #1103
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imazed View Post
Maybe I am just doing something stupid, but:
Pi-2 with IQAUDIO DAC+ everything works fine with V2.3.
Upgraded to 2.4 and tried to configure. Cannot set an ALSA level. If I set it to any level up to 100 and then go to replay - no sound.

Back to configure and ALSA level is empty. I do click set and have tried several times but cannot get any sound. Volume on playback screen set to 100
Any suggestions?
Hi,

Email tim at moodeaudio dot org and I'll help troubleshoot :-)

Regards,
Tim
Old 24th November 2015, 01:27 AM   #1104
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarfreak View Post
Hello,
this is Daniel from germany. I am using a raspberry pi 2 and a Hifiberry DAC+Pro Audio card. I tried Max2play first but i decided to change to Moode Audio. But i cant get the WLAN working. I followed the setup guide exactly and also burned the sd card again to avoid mistakes there. But it will not work.
When i shut the raspberry down and disconnect the ethernet, the wifi wont connect. I tried several minutes to an hour nothing.

Any suggestions please?
Iam using a EDIMAX wlan stick, that worked before :/
Best regards
Daniel
Hi Daniel,

Email tim at moodeaudio dot org and I'll help troubleshoot :-)

Regards,
Tim
Old 24th November 2015, 01:55 AM   #1105
Bibio is offline Bibio  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Tim, just tried moode via a tablet and its completely bugged. icons are greyed out and not responding to touch. its an old creative tablet so that might be the problem but volumio was fine on it.
Old 24th November 2015, 03:50 AM   #1106
Jerms is offline Jerms  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
Tim, just tried moode via a tablet and its completely bugged. icons are greyed out and not responding to touch. its an old creative tablet so that might be the problem but volumio was fine on it.
As a guess - I've had something similar....

Moode/Volumio/Rune have a common origin. Clear your saved data and browser history on the tablet, then try Moode again.

J.
Old 24th November 2015, 11:47 AM   #1107
lukivision is offline lukivision  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi,
let me share a good news with you: I exchanged my DAC. I had an IQaudio DAC+, which was excellent. Now i have an Hifiberry DAC+Pro which is even better, maybe 8%. I think, this is due to his two clocks onboard and they reduce jitter. These clocks can be used with the new linux kernels since 4.1.10. No problem for moode, its all supported. Bass is more tight, stage is clearer, voices and instruments more present. The room is breathing.
Donīt forget to set alsa-mixer on not more than 84.

Luki
Old 24th November 2015, 12:35 PM   #1108
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukivision View Post
Hi,
let me share a good news with you: I exchanged my DAC. I had an IQaudio DAC+, which was excellent. Now i have an Hifiberry DAC+Pro which is even better, maybe 8%. I think, this is due to his two clocks onboard and they reduce jitter. These clocks can be used with the new linux kernels since 4.1.10. No problem for moode, its all supported. Bass is more tight, stage is clearer, voices and instruments more present. The room is breathing.
Donīt forget to set alsa-mixer on not more than 84.

Luki
Hi Luki,

The DAC+ Pro is a really nice device. Kudos to Hifiberry for providing solution that operates PCM5122 in "master mode" allowing for improved clocking :-)

The optimum config for this DAC is:

(1) Menu, Configure, MPD, set MPD volume control to "Hardware"
(2) Menu, Customize, scroll down to "Hardware volume control"
- set Logarithmic curve to "Yes"
- set Maximum volume (%) to 81

Note that Moode automatically sets the two analog volume controls on PCM5122 chip to Hifiberry recommended values of "Analogue"=100 and "Analogue Playback Boost"=0

The config results in Moode knob 100 = 0dB ALSA for the device, and a nice logarithmic volume curve. A similar config is MPD Software volume + setting ALSA volume (%) to 81.

Regards,
Tim
Old 24th November 2015, 12:38 PM   #1109
lukivision is offline lukivision  Germany
diyAudio Member

Thank you Tim,

and your right, 84 is too much distortion, 81 is good.

Luki
Old 25th November 2015, 04:02 PM   #1110
diyAudio Member

Hi, Moode 2.5 will include the newest addition from the DJ's spinning South Of Market Avenue. SomaFM adds Metal Detector to it's great lineup of radio stations :-)

Metal fans rejoice!

Regards,
Tim
Attached Images
File Type: png moode-r25-soma-metal-detector.png (295.0 KB, 238 views)

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!