Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th November 2015, 03:32 PM   #1011
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgraan View Post
I typically use Firefox, but just confirmed the odd behavior with Internet Explorer 11.
Hi,

I'm not able to repro this in my test environment but one way to possibly work around the issue would be to move the music collections under a single root folder on the NAS and then share this folder out.

You would end up making a single source mount in Moode.

Regards,
Tim
Old 12th November 2015, 06:26 PM   #1012
Bibio is offline Bibio  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Hi Tim,

do you know if there is a list of supported usb wifi dongles for moode that are known to work?
Old 12th November 2015, 07:02 PM   #1013
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
Hi Tim,

do you know if there is a list of supported usb wifi dongles for moode that are known to work?
Hi,

I don't maintain a list but the ones I use are the Edimax EW-7811Un adapters.

http://www.amazon.com/Edimax-EW-7811.../dp/B003MTTJOY

Regards,
Tim
Old 12th November 2015, 07:07 PM   #1014
jpeg4 is offline jpeg4  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Hi,

Moode does not support hot-plugging USB audio devices. If unplug DAC from running Moode, it or any other DAC will not be recognized when plugged back in. Pi has to be power off/on or rebooted with USB audio device connected and powered on.

Regards,
Tim
Hi Tim, thanks for replying so fast.

Just to check I did a fresh install of Moode from SD, as per the set-up notes, initially without USB DAC, set the Custom Config with the Nad DAC then plugged the DAC in and rebooted the Pi. It played radio perfectly, made the MPD and played songs perfectly.

Then I paused the music and just left everything for an hour, with the Pi left on. During that time the Nad D3020 DAC went into standby, I switched it on from the remote and once again the Play button on Moode doesn't function. So I am not hot-plugging, I am leaving the Pi on all the time and just swtching the DAC on when I need it.

I wonder if anyone else using the Nad (quite a popular DAC/Amp) or other DACs that have a standby mode has seen this and found a fix?
Old 12th November 2015, 08:02 PM   #1015
OOD34 is offline OOD34  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi Olaf,

By new name do you mean that after each reboot, when you open the Browse panel the contents of the USB drive appears under USB folder one time, then USB2 folder the next time then ...

When you click into the folder are you able to actually navigate the music collection?

Regards,
Tim

Hi Tim,

Indeed, this was the issue.
Now I have mounted the USB drive via fstab (see

Added the line below line in the fstab:
UUID=563C-82DB /mnt/USB2 exfat nofail,uid=pi,gid=pi 0 0

This works (tested 3 times)

So thanks Tim and Marszczak
Old 12th November 2015, 08:17 PM   #1016
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeg4 View Post

Just to check I did a fresh install of Moode from SD, as per the set-up notes, initially without USB DAC, set the Custom Config with the Nad DAC then plugged the DAC in and rebooted the Pi. It played radio perfectly, made the MPD and played songs perfectly.

Then I paused the music and just left everything for an hour, with the Pi left on. During that time the Nad D3020 DAC went into standby, I switched it on from the remote and once again the Play button on Moode doesn't function. So I am not hot-plugging, I am leaving the Pi on all the time and just swtching the DAC on when I need it.

I wonder if anyone else using the Nad (quite a popular DAC/Amp) or other DACs that have a standby mode has seen this and found a fix?
Hi,

Hot plugging capability also covers the scenario where the cable is left plugged in but the audio device is turned off and electrically disconnects from the USB port.

The symptoms suggest that when the NAD goes into standby, it powers off its USB port and thus electrically disconnects from the Pi USB port, as if the cable were pulled.

Does the NAD have a setting to prevent standby mode?

Regards,
Tim
Old 12th November 2015, 08:26 PM   #1017
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOD34 View Post
Hi Tim,

Indeed, this was the issue.
Now I have mounted the USB drive via fstab (see

Added the line below line in the fstab:
UUID=563C-82DB /mnt/USB2 exfat nofail,uid=pi,gid=pi 0 0

This works (tested 3 times)

So thanks Tim and Marszczak
Hi,

I just want to confirm that this is exFAT file system on your USB drive.

exFAT support was added to Moode 2.4 and this behavior did not show up in my testing but I will definitely retest. My earlier tests regarding this issue were with NTFS format USB drives.

Regards,
Tim
Old 12th November 2015, 08:28 PM   #1018
wakajazz is offline wakajazz
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeg4 View Post

jpeg4, did you by chance have this issue using Moode 2.3? Or is 2.4 your first Moode install.

Tim, this behavior is along the lines of what I described to you via email. 2.4 drops the PCM stream/lock completely once a track/album has finished or is paused. 2.3 did not exhibit this behavior and maintained a lock even if the PCM stream has stopped. I guess that this loss of lock is causing jpeg4's DAC to enter stand-by mode whereas 2.3 would have kept it 'awake'?

wj
Old 12th November 2015, 08:41 PM   #1019
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi,

Hot plugging capability also covers the scenario where the cable is left plugged in but the audio device is turned off and electrically disconnects from the USB port.

The symptoms suggest that when the NAD goes into standby, it powers off its USB port and thus electrically disconnects from the Pi USB port, as if the cable were pulled.

Does the NAD have a setting to prevent standby mode?

Regards,
Tim
Hi Tim
that's what I feared. Maybe I could change the standby settings but it kind of defeats the purpose for me which is to switch the DAC off overnight or other times I'm not using it but leave the Pi on 24/7 running a minidlna server to other devices in the house.

Maybe a clue: I just tried running Volumio and it doesn't seem to suffer this problem, I can switch the DAC on and off, it pauses and I can resume when the DAC goes back on. But at the moment I'd prefer to use Moode if I could, I prefer the operability and the MPoD App is really nice when Moode is running.
Old 12th November 2015, 10:22 PM   #1020
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakajazz View Post
jpeg4, did you by chance have this issue using Moode 2.3? Or is 2.4 your first Moode install.

Tim, this behavior is along the lines of what I described to you via email. 2.4 drops the PCM stream/lock completely once a track/album has finished or is paused. 2.3 did not exhibit this behavior and maintained a lock even if the PCM stream has stopped. I guess that this loss of lock is causing jpeg4's DAC to enter stand-by mode whereas 2.3 would have kept it 'awake'?

wj
That's interesting, maybe fits with my last comment on Volumio?
I've only ever tried 2.4. Is 2.3 available anywhere? If so I can try it when I get a minute.

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!