Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi - Page 101 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th November 2015, 02:03 AM   #1001
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marszczak View Post
Tim,

Any idea how to force squeezelite to work with moode? I got to the point where SL is running, connected to the LMS, showing up under LMS but no music is coming out.
I tried instruct SL what HW to use but to no avail....
I can use AirPlay but I'd like to make it work...

Thanks
Hi,

I don't have a Squeeze setup so I'm not sure what you are trying to do in getting "squeezelite to work with Moode"

What exactly are you trying to do?

Regards,
Tim
Old 12th November 2015, 02:10 AM   #1002
Bibio is offline Bibio  Scotland
diyAudio Member

that was painless :-)

how simple can you get, plug everything in, turn on set a few things and go.

15min

not tried network shares yet but local via usb HDD works a treat.

well done Tim, fantastic bit of coding.
Old 12th November 2015, 02:43 AM   #1003
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgraan View Post
System: Linear 5V/2A power supply, Raspberry Pi 2, Hifiberry Dac+ pro, 8gb micro SD card, wifi dongle, Moode Audio 2.4, all audio files on Buffalo LinkStation NAS.

Hi Tim, RPi & Linux newby here. Small problem that I havenít been able to resolve with Moode and my music files. I have three folders on a NAS configured as sources: A. 500 songs; B. 20,000 songs, C. 500 songs. Everything works beautifully until I turn off the RPi. When the RPi is restarted and Moode is reloaded, all songs in the two 500-song folders can be played immediately. Using the Browse function, I can see the 20,000-song folder and all files. However, if I select any they appear in the playlist but do not play (simultaneously, album art does not appear when previously it worked properly). If I then return to the Music Source Configuration page, select the 20,000-song NAS source (which has a green checkmark), click to edit, hit save without changing any parameters, I then can select and play any songs in the 20,000-song folder and album art works again. I have mounted and unmounted the NAS folders without solving this problem. All three NAS sources have the same parameters selected (other than the path to the folder).
Any idea what is going on here?
Hi,

Very odd.

One of my test Pi's has 3 NAS sources configured, one source has 18K tracks and no issues selecting and playing tracks from any source after rebooting, power down/up.

What Browser are u using?

Regards,
Tim Curtis
Old 12th November 2015, 02:44 AM   #1004
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
that was painless :-)

how simple can you get, plug everything in, turn on set a few things and go.

15min

not tried network shares yet but local via usb HDD works a treat.

well done Tim, fantastic bit of coding.
Hi,

What DAC are u using?

Regards,
Tim
Old 12th November 2015, 02:51 AM   #1005
diyAudio Member

i'm using iqaudio dac+

right now i'm listening to rush via the onboard headphone amp and i must say for the peanuts this thing cost its incredible. powering my DT-880 600ohm no problems.

how to make a tablet make frog sounds... have 2 browsers open at once (PC & Tablet) ... lol
Old 12th November 2015, 02:59 AM   #1006
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i'm using iqaudio dac+

right now i'm listening to rush via the onboard headphone amp and i must say for the peanuts this thing cost its incredible. powering my DT-880 600ohm no problems.

how to make a tablet make frog sounds... have 2 browsers open at once (PC & Tablet) ... lol
Hi,

Optimal config for this DAC is:

(1) MPD volume control = "Hardware" (Menu, Configure, MPD)
(2) Logarithmic curve = "Yes" (Menu, Customize)

Regards,
Tim
Old 12th November 2015, 03:05 AM   #1007
diyAudio Member

yup playing with all the settings as i type. bitrate upscaling works fairly well.
Old 12th November 2015, 01:49 PM   #1008
tgraan is offline tgraan  United States
diyAudio Member

I typically use Firefox, but just confirmed the odd behavior with Internet Explorer 11.
Old 12th November 2015, 02:36 PM   #1009
jpeg4 is offline jpeg4  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi,
thanks for all the hard work with Moode.

Things are OK on first installation and it plays OK but then I hit a problem. Returning to Moode the following day (Pi left on - it's a "B") the Play button does not respond when I click it (library or radio).

I can browse the MPD library and make playlists and can (sometimes) jump from song to song - but Play doesn't work. I suspected that Moode wasn't recognising my USB DAC (NAD D3020) because it had been switched off over that time (in fact the NAD switches itself off anyway if it isn't being used) and once I managed to get it to work (briefly) by unplugging the DAC, rebooting, plugging in and rebooting again. However this doesn't seem to work every time.

Any clues to what I should be doing?
Old 12th November 2015, 03:27 PM   #1010
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeg4 View Post
Hi,
thanks for all the hard work with Moode.

Things are OK on first installation and it plays OK but then I hit a problem. Returning to Moode the following day (Pi left on - it's a "B") the Play button does not respond when I click it (library or radio).

I can browse the MPD library and make playlists and can (sometimes) jump from song to song - but Play doesn't work. I suspected that Moode wasn't recognising my USB DAC (NAD D3020) because it had been switched off over that time (in fact the NAD switches itself off anyway if it isn't being used) and once I managed to get it to work (briefly) by unplugging the DAC, rebooting, plugging in and rebooting again. However this doesn't seem to work every time.

Any clues to what I should be doing?
Hi,

Moode does not support hot-plugging USB audio devices. If unplug DAC from running Moode, it or any other DAC will not be recognized when plugged back in. Pi has to be power off/on or rebooted with USB audio device connected and powered on.

Regards,
Tim

Hide this!Advertise here!