Cheap Wyse c90LEW makes excellent music server

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
I have just got a Wyse c90lew thin client, £20 flebay. Booted with daphile and connected to m-dac it works very well as a music server, the only problem I have is it wont boot to daphile with another usb storage device connected, it then boots to internal xp. I have set the boot device in bios to daphile stick but must add music storage drive after it boots.
Any ideas or any other headless software to try.
It plays beautifully, controlled by laptop so no m-dac wires.
Any ideas
thyristor44

GParted to prep system

Have you tried to clear the partitions of the onboard harddrive. I've used Gparted linux on a usb stick to "empty" my hard drive and allow Daphile to install on my intel d2800mt mobo based system. Seems like the Wyse might respond to such an approach.
I've since gone back to a usb thumbdrive based install. Luck to you DAB

Have you tried to clear the partitions of the onboard harddrive. I've used Gparted linux on a usb stick to "empty" my hard drive and allow Daphile to install on my intel d2800mt mobo based system. Seems like the Wyse might respond to such an approach.
I've since gone back to a usb thumbdrive based install. Luck to you DAB
Yes I used gparted to clear the internal flash drive then ran daphile on usb stick and from that installed daphile to the internal flash. It boots much faster.
I am realy impressed by daphile as it not only plays to my dac but also streams as a upnp server so I can run it on another system in another room.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.