Help getting music from comp drive to iPhone - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th January 2015, 02:37 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Help getting music from comp drive to iPhone

Up front "I am a Luddite idiot" admission ...

Feel free to heap abuse on my head. Unrequested Christmas gift of an iPhone 6 or whatever the latest greatest iteration.

My OS is Windows 8 plus any current revisions. So, what are the steps to transfer tunes from the hard drive to the phone ?

I would like to preserve quality of files -- so please tell me how to set the max transfer rate.

If the process is already on an Apple webpage in reasonably comprehendible language, just steer me there.

Muchly obliged . . .
Old 19th January 2015, 10:03 AM   #2
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

What format are your files in?
Old 19th January 2015, 05:49 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hello Julf ---The files I want to transfer are actually posted on Youtube, but captured to my HD with a download manager.

Some have a video playing of the band, and others are sound only plus an album cover displayed in still-photo form.

Today -- Monday -- in my country ( U.S. ) is a holiday, so I will be doing some stuff with friends. If you reply with further advice, I won't be able to try it until tomorrow. Please understand if I don't put up another comment here until then.
Old 19th January 2015, 06:50 PM   #4
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephend1714 View Post
Hello Julf ---The files I want to transfer are actually posted on Youtube, but captured to my HD with a download manager.
How about something like youtube-to-iphone-converter?

Quote:
Today -- Monday -- in my country ( U.S. ) is a holiday, so I will be doing some stuff with friends. If you reply with further advice, I won't be able to try it until tomorrow. Please understand if I don't put up another comment here until then.
No prob - MLK day is something the rest of the world should celebrate too - too bad most of the world, US included, seems to commemorate it by taking away even more of our civil liberties.

Hide this!Advertise here!