Help getting music from comp drive to iPhone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Up front "I am a Luddite idiot" admission ...

Feel free to heap abuse on my head. Unrequested Christmas gift of an iPhone 6 or whatever the latest greatest iteration.

My OS is Windows 8 plus any current revisions. So, what are the steps to transfer tunes from the hard drive to the phone ?

I would like to preserve quality of files -- so please tell me how to set the max transfer rate.

If the process is already on an Apple webpage in reasonably comprehendible language, just steer me there.

Muchly obliged . . .

Hello Julf ---The files I want to transfer are actually posted on Youtube, but captured to my HD with a download manager.

Some have a video playing of the band, and others are sound only plus an album cover displayed in still-photo form.

Today -- Monday -- in my country ( U.S. ) is a holiday, so I will be doing some stuff with friends. If you reply with further advice, I won't be able to try it until tomorrow. Please understand if I don't put up another comment here until then.

Hello Julf ---The files I want to transfer are actually posted on Youtube, but captured to my HD with a download manager.

How about something like youtube-to-iphone-converter?

Today -- Monday -- in my country ( U.S. ) is a holiday, so I will be doing some stuff with friends. If you reply with further advice, I won't be able to try it until tomorrow. Please understand if I don't put up another comment here until then.
No prob - MLK day is something the rest of the world should celebrate too - too bad most of the world, US included, seems to commemorate it by taking away even more of our civil liberties.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.