DAL Carddeluxe on W7 64-bit? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd July 2014, 11:52 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default DAL Carddeluxe on W7 64-bit?

I have an old Digital Audio Labs Carddeluxe that I wish to install in a new computer build to be used as an overdubbing music production machine. The DAL site lists the Carddeluxe as a legacy product which will not be supported by future driver updates. The most recent driver is listed as being Windows 7 64-bit inclusive, and I would prefer to build a 64-bit computer to take advantage of the expanded memory capabilities, however, my luck with device drivers doing what they are supposed to do has not always been good, and I am cautious.

My question: Has anyone used the Carddeluxe in a W7 64-bit machine, and if so, how well did it work?

Second question: If the Carddeluxe driver ultimately proves to be unsuitable for a 64-bit machine, I am open to using other soundcards that are based on the PCI interface, most likely Lynx or RME. Does anyone use a soundcard from either of these two manufacturers in a W7 64-bit computer, and if so, how well does it work?

Thanks to all who reply.

Last edited by majerjack; 23rd July 2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 26th August 2014, 05:12 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I've done it (CardDeluxe/64 bit Windows 7) and it works fine. I don't know any details since my nephew put everything together for me. Only problem so far is that I can't get the S/PDIF coax output to work yet - though I've just started trying to use it.

Hide this!Advertise here!