Archphile - An Archlinux Based Audiophile Distribution for Raspberry Pi and Udoo Quad

@pinkdot, please can you double-check with htop to see if you have any running librespot processes?

Hi tuxx,

No, Htop won't show the service. Librespot does run if I start it manually. But after a restart it fails. I changed the service and added the StartLimitInterval=30 and StartLimitBurst=20. This seems to do the job. After a restart Librespot starts!

Code:
[Service]
EnvironmentFile=/etc/librespot.conf
ExecStart=/usr/bin/librespot \
  --cache ${LIBRESPOT_CACHE} \
  --name %H \
  --device plughw:0 \
  --bitrate ${LIBRESPOT_BITRATE} \
  --username ${LIBRESPOT_USERNAME} \
  --password ${LIBRESPOT_PASSWORD} \
  --initial-volume 85
Restart=always
RestartSec=10
StartLimitInterval=30
StartLimitBurst=20
User=librespot
Group=audio

Hi tuxx,

No, Htop won't show the service. Librespot does run if I start it manually. But after a restart it fails. I changed the service and added the StartLimitInterval=30 and StartLimitBurst=20. This seems to do the job. After a restart Librespot starts!

Code:
[Service]
EnvironmentFile=/etc/librespot.conf
ExecStart=/usr/bin/librespot \
  --cache ${LIBRESPOT_CACHE} \
  --name %H \
  --device plughw:0 \
  --bitrate ${LIBRESPOT_BITRATE} \
  --username ${LIBRESPOT_USERNAME} \
  --password ${LIBRESPOT_PASSWORD} \
  --initial-volume 85
Restart=always
RestartSec=10
StartLimitInterval=30
StartLimitBurst=20
User=librespot
Group=audio

Thanks for the feedback pinkdot. It's really strange because I have been using Spotify in both RPI and Odroid C2 without any issues.

I will do my search and maybe I will add these options by default.

Looking at your file, I assume that you don't use the latest image, right?

M.

Last edited:
I do, but let me reflash the image on another sd card and try again. I'll report back .
Still the same, flashed a new image but I have to add the extra lines to the service to get Librespot running after a reboot.

Is there a simple way to make alsactl store persistent? After a reboot all settings are restored to 100%? I know that this is as intended, but the output is way to high for my amp. To reduce the alsa output allows me to set a more accurate amp volume.
Alsactl restore works but not during startup. So I have to rum the command manually. Any hints?

Εverything is restored to 100% (0dB), because I have set it up to do this in order to achieve a bit perfect result.

During all these years only some I2S dacs (and that was fixed) weren't 0db at 100%.

You have two options:

1. edit /usr/bin/archphile-optimize and disable the unmute command

2. edit /usr/bin/unmute and modify it as per your preferences!

Εverything is restored to 100% (0dB), because I have set it up to do this in order to achieve a bit perfect result.

During all these years only some I2S dacs (and that was fixed) weren't 0db at 100%.

You have two options:

1. edit /usr/bin/archphile-optimize and disable the unmute command

2. edit /usr/bin/unmute and modify it as per your preferences!
Thanks for the info. Will take a look at it this evening.

Greetings,

Martin

I also experienced some (similar to pinkdot's) issues with spotify. The systemd additions (btw enabled by default from now and on) were some kind of a workaround, but as it seems everything is resolved with latest code from librespot-org github.

As a result, new packages are up for librespot that hopefully resolve the spotify issues for everyone. In addition I uploaded the latest roonbridge packages:

New librespot (Spotify) and Roonbridge packages for 0.99.72 - Archphile

Greetings,

Mike

For anyone wanting to test MPD 0.20.20 that was released today, you can get the packages from:

Index of /lab/MPD_0.20.20

An example on how to install the default package for RPI:

Code:
pacman -U [URL]http://archphile.org/lab/MPD_0.20.20/rpi/mpd-archphile-0.20.20-1-armv7h.pkg.tar.xz[/URL]
Code:
systemctl reenable mpd
Code:
systemctl restart mpd && archphile-optimize
You can get the direct link of each package to use with pacman -U by mouse right clicking and pressing "copy link location" (in firefox).

When these packages are tested, I will inform you with an official announcement on how to install them via the Archpile repository and the links above will be deleted.

Greetings,

Mike

Last edited:
I also experienced some (similar to pinkdot's) issues with spotify. The systemd additions (btw enabled by default from now and on) were some kind of a workaround, but as it seems everything is resolved with latest code from librespot-org github.

As a result, new packages are up for librespot that hopefully resolve the spotify issues for everyone. In addition I uploaded the latest roonbridge packages:

New librespot (Spotify) and Roonbridge packages for 0.99.72 - Archphile

Greetings,

Mike

Thanks Mike! Just created a fresh SD with Archphile and the Librespot update (and ympd ... and mpd ;-).
Running very nicely. Switching between MPD and Librespot works also good.
I will use this for my main system for the coming weeks. Thank you!

Have a beer!

Greetings,

Martin