Can sansui 201 be worked with ipad2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
More info, the sansui 201 could be a Sansui SAP201V amp or a DR201 tuner or a CDD201 or ???

If its an amp then an IPad has an audio out , connect this to a suitable line in on the amp (I assume there is one) and start at LOW volume, the output of ithingies tends to be high!

you will need a suitable lead and that depends on the amp connectors. For example Amazon has a stack of ipad to phono leads which might do if the Sansui is phono. An old Sansui I had in the 70's was Din though.

More info, the sansui 201 could be a Sansui SAP201V amp or a DR201 tuner or a CDD201 or ???

If its an amp then an IPad has an audio out , connect this to a suitable line in on the amp (I assume there is one) and start at LOW volume, the output of ithingies tends to be high!

you will need a suitable lead and that depends on the amp connectors. For example Amazon has a stack of ipad to phono leads which might do if the Sansui is phono. An old Sansui I had in the 70's was Din though.
Thank you for your reply. I am using a sansui wdl+201lx streamer. Thank you lee

reading the reviews it seems there is a Libretto app for iThingies which can play your music.
I'm afraid I'm old school Vinyl and CD with homebrew preamps and amps, not a streamer in the place. This needs someone who use the iThingies as a music source, I've connected swmbo's ipad2 to the phono in on my amps and its fine but that the nearest I get to streaming.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.