Volumio (ex RaspyFi) Audiophile Music Player for embedded systems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After a few weeks of trying to like my Raspberry Pi with volumio, I have given up. I went through 4 micro sd cards (not cheap) after loss of power (+-.25 @5v) curupted the cards everytime. Volumio was nice, but very dificult to get a SMB network working to stream music from my mac acting as a NAS. There are certain benefits a regular PC has when setting up a music server, especially with ease of setup like JRiver or Foobar.

After a few weeks of trying to like my Raspberry Pi with volumio, I have given up. I went through 4 micro sd cards (not cheap) after loss of power (+-.25 @5v) curupted the cards everytime. Volumio was nice, but very dificult to get a SMB network working to stream music from my mac acting as a NAS. There are certain benefits a regular PC has when setting up a music server, especially with ease of setup like JRiver or Foobar.

Sad to hear that :) please dont give up through!

The RPI is excellent for this use, but the SD card can sometime cause theese problems

I have mine RPI running another dist. (Homerolled ;)) for long time without problems... So it can work for you too..

Regarding the NAS / SMB problems you got, please remember that SMB is a very complicated protocol. Not much have to be diferent, for causing problems...

Keep up!

RG;
Jesper.

Hello,

MPD has 4 threads while running: Player, Decoder, Output and one other.
For multi-cpu card owners, did you dedicate cpu's to MPD and increase their priority to Realtime?

Also memory cache before playback (every song is loaded to memory before playback)?

Furthermore, i would like to install KODI(XBMC) upon volumio, is it possible without degrading SQ?

Thanks

A noob question

I'm trying to bring up the terminal console while in Volumio to update my kernel using sudo get-apt command and install but still got no idea. Can anybody help here. I try to look upon at the Volumio forum but none. And do I have to be connected online during this process ???

Hi all

I am trying to connect my WaveIO XMOS USB to I2S board to Volumio, on a BeagleBoneBlack, but nothing appears in the hardware selection, only "black".

Has someone got the WaveIO running, it is not listed on the supported HW?

Thanks
Jean-LOuis

PS it was working with my previous Runeaudio setup

Hi Michelangeloz

Yes, I did it again, this time without the USB hub I was using when I used HDD and now it works : I got the "L20" device. Strange.

Web radio is active now, that's great, but still got a problem though : the NAS appears or disappears when I browse, and when it is active I dont see the content of the directory. Any idea ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.