"Audiophile Optimizer"....fish oil...?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hold on, somebody at the door, be right back...

ooops, sorry to have brought such a disaster upon you home.

I've forget to tell you that all your 50% reimbursement on audiophile products, for posting positive subjective reviews on net, will not be taken into consideration anymore. Same applies for free samples send to you for review, you have 1 day to return them to the manufacturer and pay a penalty of 500% of their value. Citation for reparatory lawsuits will follow shortly.

I don't think this is about latency or skips but about more processes running that create more noise that gets transmitted to the sound card or through USB to an outboard DAC.

That said, a proper electrical analysis would show that instead of unblinded, audiophool reviews.

Right. And that analysis would first have to show that more processes mean more noise, and then that the noise affects the DAC in audible ways.

If those changes were real, they would be very different for different computers and different DACs. Do we ever hear the fish oil people discussing that?

i won't tell you no nothing about how it works, so easy it is.

no, there is no placebo. but you guys know it better anyway.

NO MATTER if you have tried it or not. Sorry, but this is a
waste of my precious time my friends...

learn to read -> Highend-AudioPC | Reviews
I don't get how it is allowed for you to post here at all. You don't want to share info about how it works in a DIY forum?
It can't become more obvious you are only here for promoting your product with the latest posts.
If i was moderator in here...

Right. And that analysis would first have to show that more processes mean more noise, and then that the noise affects the DAC in audible ways.

If those changes were real, they would be very different for different computers and different DACs. Do we ever hear the fish oil people discussing that?

Exactly, so quit harping about skips and latency and whatnot.

Here are some possible computer related issues raised by Goto in Building an open embedded audio applicance.

The benefits of using something like a Pi or a Beaglebone is that they don't run a million housekeeping threads, don't have noisey and complex legacy architectures, make easily managed demands on power and - most importantly - output audio on an inherently low jitter I2S header. This means that you are not contending with USB jobs, or worrying about the various buffers involved in asynch usb audio, nor deriving a clock ref from a noisy SPDIF interface. And you can mount your dac and the computing board so close together that you don't have to worry so much about RFI and other electrical gremlins.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/twis...embedded-audio-applicance-14.html#post3817891

As Julf says.

Defined a million years ago by Steinberg in Germany for low latency, realtime audio streaming from what is now called Cubase and adopted as a Pro-Audio standard in lieu of anything better. Most modern music relies on ASIO at some point in the production chain.

It's also instructive to follow the Audiophile Optimiser/Jplay model through to completion:

All prices in Euros and some rounded down to keep it simple:

2PCs - 1000
2 WS2012 licences - 900
JPlay Licence- 99
A.O. - 100
JCAT Cat5 cable to connect PCs - 300
JCAT SATA Cable to connect hard drive on one pc- 300
JCAT USB Cable to connect to Async USB Dac - 300
JCAT USB3.0 Card to plug USB cable into - 399

So a rough cost of over 3000 euros. Makes a Raspberry Pi or Beaglebone look like the bargain of the century even before you factor in that connected direct I2S to a DAC the little arm board will produce a sound easily on a par with the above and not smell the slightest bit fishy!

JCAT...some boutique PC cables...?! Now that IS fishy...

I agree.

Please do tell everyone what difference it will make to have a special sata cable in your pc.

Unless you have an industrial 3 phase motor for a computer fan or something, there is no reason interference should mess with the digital data transferred to and from hdd's.

And really this applies to it all, the cat5 and the usb.

And if I really wanted to be picky, I could point out that you specified a cat5 cable which is more susceptible to interference than a cat6.

And I'm pretty sure, HDD data is "checksumed"...for lack of a better word. Packet loss may be a better analogy. If interference is so bad that it's causing corruption, the PC recognizes this and the bits/bytes are resent.
If you have issues of this sort, all that will happen is your data thruput will slow down.
Years ago, I tested a regular IDE cable with a bundled IDE shielded and braided stainless...and it was indeed, measurably faster in disk read/writes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.