My PC media center setup...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thought I'd share...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And just finished redoing my RCA's...

Double twisted pairs, CAT6 wire. I was surprised just how "quiet" they are...the twists really help with cancellation. Only when my PC is off is there a little bit of buzz present.

Sent from my iPhone...

I use a GA-MA790GP-UD4H from Gigabyte. It's an "ultra durable" model. These models use 2oz of copper in the PCB for ground and power channels for better stability, and quality Japanese capacitors for low noise and reliability.
Heat pipe cooling on northbridge and voltage regulators.
I use an AMD X3 CPU, with an unlocked 4th core and OCZ memory at 1066MHZ.
Disable all unneeded features and hardware in the BIOS.
Thermaltake HSF to keep it cool and quiet.
Asus Xonar D2 audio, running 2-channel analog at 24-192MHZ.
HDD and PSU buried inside the chassis for low noise and clean looks.
Griffin Powermate USB knob for volume/sleep functions.
Double twisted CAT6 (4 strand) interconnect wire with Nakamichi gold RCA's.
Braided speaker wire (twists and braids for noise cancellation).
Running Win 8.1 Pro X64
All media runs thru J. River Media Center using Ambiophonics crosstalk cancellation.

Sent from my iPhone...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.