Help with E-MU 0404 USB under WIN8

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear All,

I have an E-MU 0404 USB and I have to install it under Win8.

I went on creative website:

Support > Select Your Product > E-MU 0404 USB > Download

Now I am a bit confused:

1. there are "drivers" and "beta drivers", which should I get? Are beta version ok?

2. there is no option for win8, should I trust win7 drivers?

3. are there better driver than this? I mean, does this card work with other ASIO drivers?

4. since I use JR Media Center for playback, which kind of JRM settings do you suggest?

Thanks in advance for helping.

Regards
Pierre

.... If not Format C:\*.*/s usually gets rid of a useless OS.

risata_thumb.gif

... fun enough!
P

Format C:\*.*/s usually gets rid of a useless OS.

Yeah, if you can first boot it from DOS. (NT-based stuff won't let you do that without a fight...)

But I like the thought.

BTW, I had a computer meltdown and had to buy a cheap PC in a hurry. Got a Dell laptop with Win8 x64 for cheap, so went with it. It's not so bad. Stupid, but aren't all Windows versions? I've been through so many. You just get used to the latest dumb interface.

Remember the first time you saw the XP Teletubbies desktop?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Back to the OP....

I assume you have a 64-bit version of Win8? If so, you *might* be able to simply install the 64-bit Win7 driver for your sound card. Win8 puts up unnecessary roadblocks for driver installs, so you might have to resort to trickery like disabling Driver signature enforcement from the Boot Menu.

Often there is only a beta version for an older product in a brand new OS. If that's the case, and you can't install the Win7 driver, just go ahead and use the beta driver. "Beta" means it has passed the alpha stage of development (works, but untested) to something like a barely-tested 'pre-release' stage, which seems to work well but might have bugs. Often they are just fine, but not completely supported like a full-release version. On rare occasions the beta version is awful and unusable. You have to try it to know for sure.
--

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.