DPC Latency issues, Peavey PV8 USB - Network related.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I have a Peavey 8 USB Audio Mixer ( which I love by the way ) but i'm experiencing some serious audio dropouts due to latency.

It doesn't happen when i'm producing and Reason 6.5 works flawlessly. However, if I was to play some music, then start casually browsing the internet, I think the Network cards activity or Driver triggers some serious DPC spikes; well, I know it does....

I have literally been through every single site online and seen people with similar issues, but to no avail.
Everyone just seems to suggest disabling devices until it stops. I'm 99% certain that my issue is network related. I've run latency Mon and DPC Latency checker and I can pretty much replicate the error just by running a test and then opening a web page. Boom big red spikes appear.

My question is, is this something I'm stuck with or is there anything I can do. I've rolled back, uninstalled and reinstalled my Ethernet Network adapter Driver. Tried different versions aswell, from Win Update and direct from Realtek. I'm out of ideas :(

The strange thing is, I had some Alesis USB monitors, which used the USB Audio Device Driver and I never noticed this problem once, not in 3 years. Yet as soon as i've bought this Peavey, these issues appeared.

I love the mixer and it's perfect for what I want, however surely if my monitors can use USB Audio with no hitches, this Peavey should be able to.

Any help what so ever would be great and I thank you in advance.

Yes.. well, actually the mere fact you mention file transfer. I actually at one point was playing some music whilst downloading a couple of torrents. Whilst they were downloading the DPC latency of the network driver was spiking like a mother f.....

So i think its some kind of internet activity issue. It's really bad at some stages, literally inaudible due to popping and clicking.

However when using Reason, not one problem. Which is good because if it did happen in Reason I would have sent it back immediately lol.

The reason I bought it in the first place is because although my Alesis monitors built in audio interface was pop and click free, it lacked the inputs of the Peavey mixer. Also, with this Peavey I can send the USB to master so I can record what I hear, which the Alesis 520 USB's didn't allow me to do that, making such things like spoken word Youtube tutorials near on impossible.

Basically, it's just an utter pain in the *** when browsing the tinterweb and not being able to play music. I am going to do some further testing to see if its a Firewall, or AntiVirus doing some crazy **** that is causing these spikes but I'm almost at my wits end..

However when using Reason, not one problem. Which is good because if it did happen in Reason I would have sent it back immediately lol.

Does it mean recording works OK even with browsing, while playback gives the problems?

I am going to do some further testing to see if its a Firewall, or AntiVirus doing some crazy **** that is causing these spikes but I'm almost at my wits end..

Disable firewall, AV, etc. and give it a try.

What network connection do you use (wifi, ethernet)? Is your machine desktop of notebook?

Well I've recorded a bbc show before from the internet ( one of my tracks was being aired ) and it didn't have any issues. I don't recall hearing any issues at the time either. There was no problems with the recorded audio either. Perhaps it was because I left the PC alone to record whilst I popped out. I don't know.

I have a direct connection to the router, however I do use wifi on my phone but this is when I'm not using the pc.

My pc is custom, I set it up for music use only really.
basic hd nvidia graphics card , unused onboard soundcard, 2 hdds, plently of space, I5 650, 16GB Corsair Ram, no WiFi card.

Latency min reports network issues may be causing the issues, but if I disable networking, then I also get, power management might be an issue. I've been through all types of settings to make sure there are no clashin irq's and all different drivers. Pc power management isn't on a low setting anywhere it's all full power. I've also disabled things like c-state in the bios. It's an Asus p7-h55m-usb3 board.

Aah, so I take it the Alesis doesn't have this.... Surely Peavey have had complaints about this and should come up with a resolution. I know usb audio isn't perfect, but apart from the Alesis not having the inputs, it worked flawlessly. Usb audio in general for my home studio does the trick and is all I need. I don't record bands, just singers.

I know I said this issue doesn't affect my use of the mixer music production wise or general mic recording, however I'd like to think there was a solution. If Alesis can do it I'm sure Peavey can. It's not like my Alesis monitors were hugely expensive.

Thanks for your input so far mate.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.