why so complicated player->vsthost->soundcard

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
Why there is no simple solution(as far as i know) for signal routing foobar-> any vst host ->m-audio 8 channel soundcard. Need to make complex math with stereo signal to make 8channel output. Vst host is perfect for that,vst support in foobar doesn't fit for that. The problem that the only possible way of audio is to send audio to m-audio control panel(spdif out),then back to vst host,then 8ch to m-audi outputs. WHY WHY? ASIO can work only with two devices. But i have three of them.So i have to use direct sound from player to m-audio. Any vsthost i have tried can't take input from player and output to sound card. Using virtual cables or asio or something else. This problem doesn't have people who can use vst inside foobar,then there are no issues like i have. What to use,how to route? I would like not to use direct sound driver in the chain ir it is possible.
Any help very welcome,because i have spend to much time to solve this myself ...

Thanks in advance:)

Use Reaper - it has an ASIO "driver" which routes output from another app into Reaper as an input. Your signal flow looks like

foobar -> ASIO -> Reaper -> soundcard.

Reaper is only quasi-free though. It has a free eval that doesn't expire but has a nagware splash screen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.