Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

After upgrading from 17.09 (daphile-17.09-x86_64.iso) to 18.07 (daphile-18.07-x86_64.iso) my network drive is no longer connecting.

With 17.09 all was ok. If I downgrade back to 17.09 the drive reconnects. Each time I try 18.07 it doesn't connect.

My drive params are:
cifs://
Remote Target: 192.168.0.1/Music
Password: None
Usage: Music
RW: ticked
Identification: MusicLibrary

The drive is directly off the router.

Anyone have a similar issue or a similar configuration that works with 18.07?

Regards

Have you checked the log files to see what the difference is?

Have you checked the log files to see what the difference is?

Thank you for the reply.

I did look briefly at the logs under "Info" but nothing jumped out. I could take another look.

I believe the issue would be on system startup and network connecting so the Media Server log may not be all that useful. Are there other logs available with the output from initial startup?

Regards

No more Radio?

Hello everybody, after the last upgrade (non beta) I can't hear radio no more. The radio button on the tree list on the left now asks for an URL instead of listing the available stations. I had saved some in my favorites list, but when I click on them I can't hear nothing though the time counting runs. Now and then, when I browse Daphile with my tablet, a dark screen appears with a "play" button. If I click it I hear music on the tablet (!). Any suggestions? (including switch back to previous version). Thanks

I was wrong. After several restarts there is now an initial noise when playing the first track. Fortunately it then disappears for the remainder of the listening session. This is using a gustard x20u (no electrical mods), singer su-1, and daphile with all music, other than DSD, being upsampled to dsd512.

Hello everybody, after the last upgrade (non beta) I can't hear radio no more. The radio button on the tree list on the left now asks for an URL instead of listing the available stations. I had saved some in my favorites list, but when I click on them I can't hear nothing though the time counting runs. Now and then, when I browse Daphile with my tablet, a dark screen appears with a "play" button. If I click it I hear music on the tablet (!). Any suggestions? (including switch back to previous version). Thanks

The radio still works for me when using the latest beta but not all stations. I have not experienced the tablet 'dark screen'. Try loading the beta.

Last edited:
Every PC I've ever used has an option to disable the internal audio in BIOS.
Have you checked in the BIOS?

I have a Mitac PD10RI MT motherboard and it don't have any option for disabling Audio in the BIOS (only an option for disabling "Front Panel Audio")

So to keep Daphile from loading the driver for the Intel sound card, I have "blacklisted" the driver.

- nano /etc/modprobe.d/sound.blacklist.conf
- add the following entry to the file and then save and close it:
- blacklist snd_hda_intel

Does anyone have a better suggestion ?

Last edited:
Please read the "The shortest audio path is the best" section from Audio Dandy's blog Audio Dandy - How to enjoy High Resolution Audio

I am sorry but that section contains lots of incorrect information.

As of Intel HDA - just pick the soundcard you want to use in daphile config (I assume it offers such basic functionality). Having Intel HDA driver loaded does not mean it must be used for playback.

I am sorry but that section contains lots of incorrect information.

Can you specify which of the information that is incorrect and why?

As of Intel HDA - just pick the soundcard you want to use in daphile config (I assume it offers such basic functionality). Having Intel HDA driver loaded does not mean it must be used for playback.

I have a DAC (USB) connected directly to my motherboard (PC), so no need to load unnecessary driver(s)

Can you specify which of the information that is incorrect and why?

The whole section on linux audio, alsa, pulseaudio, Intel HDA, USB Audio.

I have a DAC (USB) connected directly to my motherboard (PC), so no need to load unnecessary driver(s)

Audio drivers (as well as other types) are loaded automatically and unused drivers do not consume any CPU and load the system. It makes no difference if drivers for other soundcards present in the system are loaded. Of course disabling other devices will not hurt, but if disabling is not possible, no problem, it is just a mental issue of feeling better.

Daphile and WDMyCloud network settings

For those who desired to use the low cost WDMyCloud as music server but can’t manage to get it run for Daphile, attach is a screen shot showing an example of successful network settings to share.

Attachments

• CBD452CE-36F9-4259-A822-065D9F9C1849.png
    CBD452CE-36F9-4259-A822-065D9F9C1849.png
    971.8 KB · Views: 294