Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

saw this message of Michael Herger in the Logitech Forum:

"Important note: Spotty in Connect mode currently is broken. There seem to be changes on Spotify's end which break librespot/spotty. The librespot team is working on it, there have been changes last night to deal with the issue. Alas, I'm currently facing issues with the LMS integration. They're not caused by that change, but likely by a change in some other library used by the code. Hopefully I'll have a fix, soon..."

This might be your problem too. (I haven't checked myself yet)

I knew I shouldn't have touched the Update button :headbash:

Daphile to DAC via ethernet

Hi All,
Is it possible to connect Daphile to my DAC via ethernet connection?
I recently moved house and I would like to put my Daphile PC/Server in a separate room from my music system and use it like a NAS/Music server connected via Ethernet cable.
Is this possible? how can I do it?

Regards
Meirkat.

Hi All,
I recently moved house and I would like to put my Daphile PC/Server in a separate room from my music system and use it like a NAS/Music server connected via Ethernet cable.

Regards
Meirkat.

I haven't tried it but you could look at getting one of these
USB Over Ethernet RJ45 Extender Adapter Cat5 Cat6: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

May introduce lots of jitter for which you may need one of these ..
https://www.audioquest.com/jitterbu...ower-noise-filter/usb-data-power-noise-filter

Hi All,

Using ethernet cable - or connected through the network? In the first case, you only use the ethernet cable as a cable, and can't use it for anything else except the DAC, in the second you make the DAC a part of your network - but that requires your DAC to understand network streaming protocols, or something like a Raspberry Pi to act as a stream player for the DAC.

Hi All,

Regards
Meirkat.
Buy a Raspberry-Pi and put e.g. piCorePlayer (pCP) on it. Connect pCP via USB to your DAC. From within Daphile pCP will be your player. easy-peasy :)

Thanks guys for such amazingly quick responses.
Perhaps i should have said what my system is:-

I'm using a PS Audio Directstream junior which has a network bridge built in for connecting to servers over the local network (not wireless). So I thought I could have connected to Daphile over the network and streamed the music from Daphile to the DAC.

Regards
Meirkat.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I don't understand this.
Why do I need wireless connectivity when I have a direct Ethernet connection.
Isn't wired (Ethernet) the preferred way, or am I missing something here?

I guess we all took your "I would like to put my Daphile PC/Server in a separate room from my music system" as a wish to be wireless. If you can use wired, it is definitely the easiest and best way.

new beta released

New beta version(s) available:

2018-06-17 beta version 18.06-b171229 (x86_64, x86_64-rt & i486) changes:
- Local UI support added to Key Bindings
- LMS update to Jun 16th, 2018 Git version (5aee266)
- Kernel update to 4.14.50 and 4.14.50-rt30
- Bug fixes and component updates

2018-06-17 beta version 18.06-b171917 (x86_64, x86_64-rt & i486) changes:
- Quick bug fix for Settings page failure of previous beta 18.06-b171229

OK, Thank you for the answers.
I'm sorry for the previous post. The background was that I thought that Audiophile was compatible with raspberry pi.

Roger

If you are using a R-pi, Daphile probably doesn't care what dac you have. It sends the music in packet form to the R-Pi and squeezelite (assumedly) on the Pi will render the music in I2S form for the dac. As long as your dac operates in slave mode Kali is transparent to the R-Pi or DAC.

Daphile only interacts directly with dacs or soundcards directly available on the same host hardware where you run Daphile.