Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

I noticed that with the latest two beta versions the Acourate filters I load into the BruteFIR settings sound way different (worse) than the same filters in the latest stable version. Does anyone else experience the same issue?

The filters I generated with Acourate sound very different (worse) on the latest beta versions than on the latest stable version with identical settings. Has anyone else noticed this?

Hi,
I heard lots of good things about Daphile and decided to give it a try...
Followed the instructions from their website... Created the usb stick, I am using mac...
As soon as i setup static ip, router, DNS etc and click Next, i see "Looking for network.." ...and it gets stuck forever. Skipping network setup does not help, even though it looks as optional at the beginning of installation.
Any ideas guys what i keep doing wrong?
Thank you.

Got Daphile running on an HP T5730 thin client, specs:

AMD Mobile Sempron 2100+
1GB RAM
1GB Flash
Passive cooling!

Connected to a USB PCM2704 optical SPDIF box to Dynaudio Xeo 3. The Xeo transmitter works fine over USB as well, but currently I have my HTPC hooked up to that.

The box cost me EUR 25 (used), doesn't get much cheaper than that, I guess.

Had to fiddle a bit to get Daphile installed on the built-in 1GB flash, I manually made the partitions but had to boot into sysresccd and install Grub myself, would be nice to have an option to install Grub even on manual partitions. It took a second for me to realize there was no Grub install to MBR at all if you install this way. I'm using 600MB for Boot and 400MB for Data, seems to be more than enough for my library for now (about 12000 files).
By the way, some other posts in this threads mentioned problems using the 64bit version, but it installed fine on my device (and should, because the CPU is 64bit/x86_64).

The machine runs very smooth and it sounds like... well, any 1:1 digital connection to my DAC, but it's 100% clean. So yes, it sounds great! Loving the default options for bitperfect streaming, bypassing the mixer stuff, etc., exactly the way I would have set it up myself.

My files are on a separate NAS, I also love the fact that I can hook it up with sshfs, though my NAS does SMB as well. Scanning my entire collection over the network took a little under 10 minutes, a rescan for new files is done in under 30 seconds.

I bought Orange Squeeze, so far I think it's the best client on Android. Web interface works fine on all my other machines. Originally I was a Sonos user, but I run Linux on my desktop and there's no clean solution for controlling Sonos on Linux, no official app and no web interface either.

So thanks a lot for putting this together, I'm really loving it.
Please tell me details, how to install Daphile on built-in 1gb flash.

@konstant10
As soon as i setup static ip, router, DNS etc and click Next, i see "Looking for network.." .
I don't know your knowledge of networking, so excuse me if some questions appear simple;
When setting the IP address, are you sure there was nothing else assigned that address?
Did you use an app, such as Fing for Android, to check address availability?
Are you aware of the the appropriate subnet mask?
Which DNS did you use?

If Daphile attempt at connection timed out, it may have assigned the private address of 169.254.xxx.xxx. Use Fing to whether that is a wifi hotspot, and then connect to it using the Daphile default password of "secret1234" to then set a static address, having done the above checks first.

wi-fi.
Tried 64-bit x86 – recommended: daphile-17.09-x86_64.iso, and 64-bit x86 with realtime kernel: daphile-17.09-x86_64-rt.iso
both same result.
Thanks.
I had an issue with a Via-based add on WiFi card that came bundled with my Zotac mobo. If memory serves it kind of worked but never fully. I had to disconnect it and now use a TP-Link TL-WN722N USB WiFi dongle, works great.

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Is there a place to request features in future updates? I've seen that the developer isn't too active on this thread anymore.

Also, I see a lot of squeeze related posts for accessing an external network. I don't know much about that. Has anyone tried to access music stored on an Ubuntu server? I can't seem to get it to work. I've tried sshfs, cifs, and the other 2 options. Also have used various combos of name@server:port/ with and without passwords, names, ports.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I was trying the same, I have a Debian server with a Samba share that all Windows and Android devices can see fine (even my Pis running Volumio/Moode can see it) but for some reason Daphile cannot pick it up even after using exactly the same credentials as (e.g.) Volumio.

I finally got my Daphile installed. No success with wifi. Wired only. The problem appeared to be with the USB stick. As soon as I tried another one, it was successfully installed.
Another issue though... After initial installation, i wanted to connect to my local network and Networking page did not allow to see the list of available networks saying "No compatible found"... Spent two hours until just by chance set up my local time on General page. As soon as it was done, Daphile opened the list of available networks. Weird... Is it normal?
THanks.

In the pursuit of a successful dsd512 upsample using an i7 7700 (65w), 8gb ram and gigabyte h170n mobo in an Antec ISK 310 case with built in 150w psu I have had trouble with the PSU overheating which is not unexpected. Max system load is typically 70% (using 8 cores). Cooling is via a Zalman CNPS8900 with CPU temperatures not exceeding 60c. CPU frequency is set to dynamic and hyper threading on for optimum CPU performance.

Music is sourced using 1GB ethernet from a Windows 10 PC.

However, the PSU was overheating so I explored the power settings runtime power management and ticked the wireless, graphics 630, lpc controller and HD audio. This reduced the runtime temp by 5c with the PSU no longer getting so hot. I have not explored the BIOS settings other then disabling the internal HD audio.

Are there any other settings which would reduce the load on the CPU and therefore the power usage? For example, the Kernel settings in the audio driver section.

Last edited:

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I was trying the same, I have a Debian server with a Samba share that all Windows and Android devices can see fine (even my Pis running Volumio/Moode can see it) but for some reason Daphile cannot pick it up even after using exactly the same credentials as (e.g.) Volumio.

So how are most folks accessing their music library? I'm getting hopelessly confused and my brain hurts.

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I use a windows cifs connect with no issues "<user>@<ip address>/<directory>"

What are your storage settings? Have you looked at the Daphile storage wiki Storage - Daphile Wiki

I've read the wiki page and everything i can get my hands on. I'm not using windows. I'm using ubuntu (linux), which in theory should be easy to do since daphile is Linux too. As for storage settings, I think I've exhausted all permutations of user, ip address, password, folders, etc.. I just get the :forbiddn: sign at the far right.

Some examples from yesterday. Today I tried another 10 or so.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180404-161145.png
    Screenshot_20180404-161145.png
    304.2 KB · Views: 270
I've read the wiki page and everything i can get my hands on. I'm not using windows. I'm using ubuntu (linux), which in theory should be easy to do since daphile is Linux too. As for storage settings, I think I've exhausted all permutations of user, ip address, password, folders, etc.. I just get the :forbiddn: sign at the far right.

Some examples from yesterday. Today I tried another 10 or so.

Have you raised your issue with Daphile. See the contact link at the bottom of the daphile home page. He normally responds within 24 hours.