Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Player not loading in GUI

Installed 17.09 on an older i486 pc. Seems to basicaly work except player doesn't load in Daphile gui, just says loading with the spinning wheel forever. i can go to the LMS webpage and the server is running and the players are selectable and things work but no access via the gui. Any ideas how to fix?

Thank!

Thanks for the reply. Don't remember if I did, but why does it just hang and forever say loading player. Seems like something is not working properly.

The DHCP of recent versions are not working while installation, You have to assign the static IP to finish the installation. I have sent the message to Kimmo from his web site, but haven't have any feed back yet.

Could anyone running the latest beta snap a screenshot of their audio device settings and post it here? Some time time ago I asked for a way to limit the bit-depth when resampling, and the request was tentatively okayed, curious if it has been added. I'm hesitant to upgrade my version as everything works fine.

Could anyone running the latest beta snap a screenshot of their audio device settings and post it here? Some time time ago I asked for a way to limit the bit-depth when resampling, and the request was tentatively okayed, curious if it has been added. I'm hesitant to upgrade my version as everything works fine.

The resampling bit depth has not been implemented for my sabre DACs. But everything works well. Other than a few bug fixes and DAC support upgrades the bulk of the betas are updates to the latest Linux and lms releases. It is easy to roll back if there are issues. And daphile will automatically roll back if it has trouble starting.

Yes, but with Daphile I find you don't know it's broken until you fix it. It's surprising sometimes the enhancements I seem to get by just doing an upgrade. Recent improvements are improved USB handling, support for a wider range of DACs, and multi core upsampling all of which made a big difference to my system. You could always wait for the formal release?

As I'm currently approaching 4000 CD's orãbout 60000 tracks, I notice that the user interface starts getting realy slow when opening the player.
Has anyone ran into the same problem? Would it be helpfull to run Daphile with a NAS structure? LAN wise that should be no problem as I'm using Gigabit LAN at home.

Happy to hear any thoughts

I have in excess of 120,000 tracks and have no problems with the search and processing speed. But I do only access by file. Go to the Advance Media Player and turn off the various browse modes eg. album, artist, genre. This should make a difference. Note also every time you start Daphile it does a quick library reconciliation which can take a few minutes. Once this is complete it becomes very responsive. I suppose having lots of memory and fast cpu also helps. I have used Daphile with both local disk and across the LAN. Both seem just as fast.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
My post on the thread asked the same question, and received two good answers. Basically the delay is due to the library scan which runs every time Daphile starts. You can disable this (two settings have to be changed in the interface).

Mine isn't running at the moment so not able to look it up, but one is under "Performance" and the other under "Networking" (I think).

I have moved from a g4400 to g4560 i3 7100 i3 8100 i5 6700 and even i7 7700 in search of dsd512 up sampling. On an itx board all were capable of 1gbs. If dsd256 up sampling is all that is required then the g4560 is an excellent choice. I also recommend the i3 8100 for a slightly better sq provided you have a 1151-2 socket.

Also check out the latest daphile beta released 17 March 2018.

I guess this question has been asked many times before, but I can't find the answer yet:

I use Daphile, newest firmare, with the internal media server enabled.

When I select remote music libraries, (to my netgear NAS) and select play album, or play all files.. nothing happens. I can select only one song in an album. How can I solve this?

Thank you!

When I select remote music libraries, (to my netgear NAS) and select play album, or play all files.. nothing happens. I can select only one song in an album. How can I solve this?
Have you set up the network drive (NAS) under Storage in Settings? I have used Daphile with a NAS (FreeNAS) for several years and I haven't ever clicked on Remote Music Libraries until I saw your post and tried it. I don't even know why it is there, perhaps to find any DLNA sources not set as a Network Drive? When the network drive is properly set up, Daphile scans all libraries and gives a full list of all music available.

Also, why are you using the web UI when a phone will do everything you need? On a real phone (not a crApple), try Squeezer, an open source app.

Have you set up the network drive (NAS) under Storage in Settings? I have used Daphile with a NAS (FreeNAS) for several years and I haven't ever clicked on Remote Music Libraries until I saw your post and tried it. I don't even know why it is there, perhaps to find any DLNA sources not set as a Network Drive? When the network drive is properly set up, Daphile scans all libraries and gives a full list of all music available.

Also, why are you using the web UI when a phone will do everything you need? On a real phone (not a crApple), try Squeezer, an open source app.

Daphile gives you the choice in settings ->media settings: use internal LMS or external LMS. I prefer internal LMS because my plugins (Spotty and Qobus) are more stable then. Also the internal LMS is faster and more stable.

The internal LMS scans the media files on my Netgear NAS (wifi connected). When I select "play full album" nothing happens, but I can select one song in the album, and it will play.

When I connect to my external LMS, as configured on my NAS, it also scans the same media files on the NAS, and then I can play full albums without any problems.

I would like to play full albums with the internal LMS.

And I use an Iphone, no squeezer-app (or any free app for this?) is available. And I do not mind using my very silent SSD laptop.