Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

I just finished yet another Daphile PC build based on Streacom fc5 evo case, gigabyte z370n wifi mobo, i3 8100 cpu (4 core, 4 thread), Streacom 240w psu, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 6TB Seagate IronWolf HDD and Streacom CD drive. Sound is great with upsampling to DSD256 through an ifi idsd nano. Temp is 50c and system load 0.9.

Hello,

I have Daphile setup on an old pc and its running great.

I've set up a NAS drive on another pc with music on it and that's working fine too.

Now, I want to delete a few music folders from the Daphile Internal Drive but I cant as they are locked.

How can I unlock these files so they can be deleted please?

Thanks.

Hello,

I have Daphile setup on an old pc and its running great.

I've set up a NAS drive on another pc with music on it and that's working fine too.

Now, I want to delete a few music folders from the Daphile Internal Drive but I cant as they are locked.

How can I unlock these files so they can be deleted please?

Thanks.

Go to storage settings. Turn off share and rw assuming they are on. Restart daphile. Go to storage and turn share and rw on. Restart daphile. Hopefully the disk is now no longer locked.

Last edited:
I just finished yet another Daphile PC build based on Streacom fc5 evo case, gigabyte z370n wifi mobo, i3 8100 cpu (4 core, 4 thread), Streacom 240w psu, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 6TB Seagate IronWolf HDD and Streacom CD drive. Sound is great with upsampling to DSD256 through an ifi idsd nano. Temp is 50c and system load 0.9.

Hi Triplefun, congrats with your new great setup. Wonder if DSD512 also works on this CPU too?

I install it more aplications on mysqueezebox.com and now apears.

Now i want to do streaming from itunes but i dont know if that is possible.

I have not tried it but there is a lms plugin for iTunes included with daphile which should enable streaming. If there is no config option on the right column of the advanced server settings plug in tab then look for a config option on the drop down list on the advanced server settings advanced tab.