Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th September 2013, 09:43 AM   #41
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin el mago View Post
Hi works till DSD64, doesn't works DSD128 files

Felipe
Hi Kimmo,

I'm sorry the problem isn't with DSD128 files, the problem is that can't play format DSF files 64 or 128.

The interface is very good I will appreciate if in place of cable between the PC/Laptop can run Wifi.

Felipe
Old 23rd September 2013, 09:45 AM   #42
Kipeta is offline Kipeta  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goto View Post

As with every other Linux installation I have tried, wireless fails to allow anything to connect to it (laptop, iPhone, Ipad, Android). This means you are stuck with a Ethernet lan connection which is - as other have noted - still prone to dropping.

For a client/server rig this is just useless really. FYI I have an Asus USB-N13 (Realtek chipset) wifi dongle which was flaky under Mint despite the fact it is touted as Linux compatible, and will not connect to my home wifi network under Daphile at all. It does seem to operate in hotspot mode, but will not let any device connect (default passphrase is not accepted to enable connection).
Hi,

I have the same hotspot problem (seems to work but authentication fails) with Realtek RTL8188CE based adapter. Daphile is using only the device drivers that come along with kernel and there seems to be some issues with those rtlwifi drivers and hostapd (google finds problems without solutions). The closed source drivers that Realtek provides could work better but unfortunately I don't have currently enough time/resources to test that.

Could you please tell more about the ethernet problems you have ("prone to dropping")?

Thanks for feedback.
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:29 AM   #43
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin el mago View Post
Hi Kimmo,

I'm sorry the problem isn't with DSD128 files, the problem is that can't play format DSF files 64 or 128.

The interface is very good I will appreciate if in place of cable between the PC/Laptop can run Wifi.

Felipe
Hi,

Unfortunately I have only two DSF files (free samples from Blue Coast Records; DSD64). They play fine. I'll try to look at the problem if I could find more test files.

Daphile should support your wifi adapter (you wrote in private email: Intel (R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN). Do you have "Wireless Networking" section in the Settings?
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:33 AM   #44
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to ackcheng
any upsampling option?
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:52 AM   #45
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackcheng View Post
any upsampling option?
No but I might consider implementing something on that area to Daphile at some stage.
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:57 AM   #46
phofman is offline phofman  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipeta View Post
No but I might consider implementing something on that area to Daphile at some stage.
Kipeta, you might want to take a look at the new kid on the block - libsoxr-lsr, easy to integrate and CPU thrifty

Using libsoxr-lsr in Alsa Rate Plugin with LD_PRELOAD | Blog IVITERA a.s.

Pulseaudio with LD_PRELOADing libsoxr-lsr | Blog IVITERA a.s.

I think it will allow quality resampling on low-power x86 machines.
Old 23rd September 2013, 11:19 AM   #47
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi,

Unfortunately I have only two DSF files (free samples from Blue Coast Records; DSD64). They play fine. I'll try to look at the problem if I could find more test files.

Daphile should support your wifi adapter (you wrote in private email: Intel (R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN). Do you have "Wireless Networking" section in the Settings?
Yes I tryed but HomeStation don't detect the wireless where is connected the Daphile.
Old 23rd September 2013, 03:59 PM   #48
Goto is offline Goto  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi,

I have the same hotspot problem (seems to work but authentication fails) with Realtek RTL8188CE based adapter. Daphile is using only the device drivers that come along with kernel and there seems to be some issues with those rtlwifi drivers and hostapd (google finds problems without solutions). The closed source drivers that Realtek provides could work better but unfortunately I don't have currently enough time/resources to test that.

Could you please tell more about the ethernet problems you have ("prone to dropping")?

Thanks for feedback.
Hi Kipeta

Thanks for the reply. It is a shame as it lets down an otherwise great implementation.

My laptop (HP Elitebook) used with a cable interface to the Daphile server seemed to lose connection to the host (or would not re-establish a connection after unplugging, then reconnecting the cable) sometimes. Other times it seemed stable enough.

I found that using a Netgear wifi router as a hotspot with an Ethernet cable between the Daphile server and the router all was well and I was able to use smartphone clients to control the server and the music was good.

I look forward to how this product develops.

Regards

Mark
Old 24th September 2013, 02:20 PM   #49
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phofman View Post
Kipeta, you might want to take a look at the new kid on the block - libsoxr-lsr, easy to integrate and CPU thrifty

Using libsoxr-lsr in Alsa Rate Plugin with LD_PRELOAD | Blog IVITERA a.s.

Pulseaudio with LD_PRELOADing libsoxr-lsr | Blog IVITERA a.s.

I think it will allow quality resampling on low-power x86 machines.
Thanks for the tip. I'll take a closer look.
Old 24th September 2013, 02:58 PM   #50
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. It is a shame as it lets down an otherwise great implementation.
I should have mentioned that wireless works fine (incl. hotspot) with all the other Wifi adapters I have:
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 (iwlwifi)
- ZyDAS USB stick (zd1211rw)
- Atheros AR9285 (ath9k)
and I have problem only with rtl8192ce driver.
Quote:
My laptop (HP Elitebook) used with a cable interface to the Daphile server seemed to lose connection to the host (or would not re-establish a connection after unplugging, then reconnecting the cable) sometimes. Other times it seemed stable enough.
The direct ethernet connection between an other PC and Daphile server is not very well tested feature (did you mean such). When ethernet cable is plugged into Daphile PC it always makes a DHCP request by itself and only if that fails (don't remember timeout) Daphile starts a dnsmasq to behave as a DHCP server for the other end. It's quite possible that the other end has also expired a timeout before this happens and that's why the connection does not get established. I'll try find better solution if possible (maybe it's not in a automatic and dynamic way). Maybe Daphile should just use link-local autoconfiguration in case its own DHCP request fails.

Hide this!Advertise here!