Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Not sure if this has been covered as yet, but...

...Daphile keeps crashing when indexing my music library from my Synology 413j. Daphile is attached to my 2820 via USB drive. I happens on many occasions. There are some 130,000 files and it gets to about 40,000 files and dies. Thoughts? Apologies for any oversights here as it is my first post

You need to check everything.. comp, DAC, amp, cables, grounding.. try with another USB cable..

Well as it turns out I have two amps. An Adcom GFA555 and an Adcom GFA555II the II being the newer of the amps but both 20+ years old. I had been listening to the 555II but have now switched to the GFA555 (oddly the older of the two at ~27 years). I have not heard the static or the pop since.

Question, pops always seemed to be in right channel. These amps are known for being noisy when shut down and this one in particular had a groan when the caps finished draining at the end but mainly in the right channel. Could failing signal path capacitors cause this sort of bleed through and the occasional static pop?

Daphile boots fine from usb stick but if I try a boot with stick and usb hard drive connected it doesnt, fine if I boot first then connect external usb drive. The proliant microserver I am using has no facility to choose which usb it boots from.
Any ideas.
Thanks
thyristor44
Try o install everything properly, absolutely all the information you have in the instructions which I link..

Well as it turns out I have two amps. An Adcom GFA555 and an Adcom GFA555II the II being the newer of the amps but both 20+ years old. I had been listening to the 555II but have now switched to the GFA555 (oddly the older of the two at ~27 years). I have not heard the static or the pop since.

Question, pops always seemed to be in right channel. These amps are known for being noisy when shut down and this one in particular had a groan when the caps finished draining at the end but mainly in the right channel. Could failing signal path capacitors cause this sort of bleed through and the occasional static pop?
All this has no connection with Daphile..

Hello.
is any body succeed to run a daphile inside a VirtualBox Virtual Machine on a Windows 8.1 hosts ?

the daphile VM is running, it recognize my usb DAC plug into the Windows Hosts and shared in the Virtualbox configuration, but no sound is going out the DAC;
What is strange is that when i change the audio file from a 44khz/16bit to a Flac 192khz, the DAC switch correctly but no sound.

Also , in the Windows host, the USB dac dissapear from Audio device as soon as i start the Daphile VM. Surely due to the fact that USB device are not part in windows ?

if you have any idea, i ll be happy:)

florent

Hello all,

Ive tested a few wifi adapters with no luck. I´m looking for an pci (not mini pci) or an usb wifi adapter who supports bot access point and wireless connection to the wifi router

thank you for your help

Tony

Ugh. I gave away the Daphile computer that worked with wireless, and have struggled since. Only occasional access to Daphile now, with an Edimax mini-usb wireless device, and I'm in a non-wired basement. Thinking a bridge might be my only solid choice for reliable connection of the Daphile computer to the network.