Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th August 2013, 07:27 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

I would really want this to see running on ARM devices like Seagate Dockstar or Goflex Net... These devices are really screaming to be used as Audiophile , Really low power (about 2Watt) Music player / streamer..

I am now using my Dockstar with mpd, rompr as WebUI and MPDroid as ANdroid Client! ..

Your solution with all the CD Ripping, Cover and MP3 Tagging and the WebUI itself look much more convenient! This would really rock!

I will look into porting this to the Dockstar/ Goflex Net!

I will test your Image on virtualbox. Thanks for your work!
Old 5th August 2013, 03:22 AM   #12
DRONE7 is offline DRONE7  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

I am rather new to PC audio so excuse my beginners questions...

I have Daphile running from a USB-stick and find it to be very user friendly with good access and menus.
I look forward to testing it further once I have debugged some network problems.

Currently it won't connect via my wired modem/router and so no external access for radio
If I plug the Daphile pc, and another pc, into a wired switch I can sometimes connect but this appears to be random as to the method.
Using Ubuntu I can connect once only by either web link or network browsing but if I then disconnect to run headless I cannot every reconnect without rebooting the Daphile server.

...and the basic question... how do I shutdown the Daphile server short of holding in the power button..?
Maybe I am missing something in the menus but some shutdown and connection instructions would be useful within the interface.
Old 5th August 2013, 04:47 AM   #13
DRONE7 is offline DRONE7  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Perhaps I am going do-lally as I can now not find an edit button for my previous post...???
So, have got network working through router/modem and can get radio streams (well mostly, lots of 'chipmunks'...? what gives there. Others appear when selected but no output. )
Still looking for 'Shutdown'...:-)

Very impressive effort, congratulations and I look forward to future releases.
Old 5th August 2013, 10:54 AM   #14
cmiu007 is offline cmiu007  Romania
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE7 View Post
If I plug the Daphile pc, and another pc, into a wired switch I can sometimes connect but this appears to be random as to the method.
Using Ubuntu I can connect once only by either web link or network browsing but if I then disconnect to run headless I cannot every reconnect without rebooting the Daphile server.
try to access using ip like (for example: http://192.168.1.XX) You can find the ip in the router interface under dhcp leases
Old 7th August 2013, 02:00 PM   #15
Kipeta is offline Kipeta  Finland
diyAudio Member

New test release available at Daphile – Digital Music Convenience for Audiophiles!

CHANGES on August 7th 2013:
- New "Shut Down" button on the Info page
- Fixed support for M2Tech hiFace DAC (thanks to cmiu)
- Improved kernel driver support for ethernet devices
- Some package updates
Old 9th August 2013, 10:51 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Again another test release available at www.daphile.com!

CHANGES on August 9th 2013:
  • BUG FIX for network manager. The bug had previously prevented the operation of some ethernet and wireless adapters (thanks to Luca N. for reporting the problem).
  • Ethernet MAC address and Wake-on-LAN support reported at Info page (WOL is enabled if HW and BIOS setup supports it)
  • Some other minor changes
Old 10th August 2013, 02:53 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Hi there Kipeta!

I tested the Daphile in a VM and I am really impressed regarding the Design and homogenous feeling of your distribution.

I would really want to see this running on ARM Devices like Dockstar/GoFlex Net or RaspberryPi.

Is there a sourcecode available so someone like me can try to get this working on mentioned ARM devices?

Man I wish I could make such great looking WebInterfaces with so much features.

One suggestion I have: I missed the feature to rearrange the Songs in the Playlist by simply drag and drop it to desired place.

ANd is there any tutorial or resource you could recommend into getting creating such Distribution and WebUI like daphile has?

Thank you in advance!
Ron
Old 12th August 2013, 11:54 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondadon View Post
Hi there Kipeta!

I tested the Daphile in a VM and I am really impressed regarding the Design and homogenous feeling of your distribution.

I would really want to see this running on ARM Devices like Dockstar/GoFlex Net or RaspberryPi.

Is there a sourcecode available so someone like me can try to get this working on mentioned ARM devices?

Man I wish I could make such great looking WebInterfaces with so much features.

One suggestion I have: I missed the feature to rearrange the Songs in the Playlist by simply drag and drop it to desired place.

ANd is there any tutorial or resource you could recommend into getting creating such Distribution and WebUI like daphile has?

Thank you in advance!
Ron
Thanks for your feedback.

As I wrote earlier I will currently focus on 64bit x86 platform. I don't want split my limited effort into multiple platforms at least until the main features are implemented. Daphile is mostly based on open source (about 200 different packages). Everything that I have contributed by myself is proprietary and closed source.

I'll keep your suggestion related to playlist rearrangement in the list of feature requests.

Sorry but I don't have any particular tutorial on my mind that I could recommend. I'm by myself self-learned by googling.
Old 13th August 2013, 09:25 PM   #19
troystg is offline troystg  United States
diyAudio Member

I am currently betwenn addresses at the moment so I can not try it outto see for myself but I have a question.

I use a 64bit Win8 Dell running foobar and have all my music on a mirrored NAS. Will this stream the files from a NAS or does the stroage have to be directly attached?

Thank you in advance,
Old 13th August 2013, 11:07 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

It can also stream from remote shares if you mount them before.

Hide this!Advertise here!