Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Loading Media Server

Hi Kipeta et all ,

I have been able to configure a usb key with the latest release and using it with my usb dac ( Fostex HPA8) an piloting daphile through a web interface .
However when i restart Daphile it does start and load but i have the busy wheel load media player and it never start .
When i rest all firmware parameter and restart again it is then ok .

Any clue on how to solve this issue

Thank's

Hi Kipeta et all ,

I have been able to configure a usb key with the latest release and using it with my usb dac ( Fostex HPA8) an piloting daphile through a web interface .
However when i restart Daphile it does start and load but i have the busy wheel load media player and it never start .
When i rest all firmware parameter and restart again it is then ok .

Any clue on how to solve this issue

Thank's
I'm not sure if I understand you now. You wrote that after firmware settings reset it was OK. Does the problem reoccur? How or when?

If you contact me with the contact form on http://www.daphile.com, we could continue with email exchange.

I tried two notebooks today.
One Asus with dual core, sd etc. Booted properly, confugured and working perfect with my LM Server in the basement, remote with standard android sbt app.
I have waveIO-i2s-Buffalo 3. Sounds great.
SQ is much better than my SBT with Teddy ps, EDO plugin and some of TT 3.0 tweaks.

The second notebook MSI Wind with Atom, 32 Bit, - booted very long connection, no network connection (wired). Any hint ?
I was running on this netbook xp, w7, ubuntu and even osx, but Daphile don't want start. I will try another usb stick tomorrow.

Hi Kipeta,

Congratulation for the great job. I just ordered the same Jetway barebone you have (great piece of hardware) with 2Go RAM and 2Go USB Key. Everything worked flawlessly after the installation...
in fact not completely flawlessly. My TEAC UD-501 DAC is limited to 48,000kHz which is very frustrating because I have a lot of HD files and DSD does not work as well. Any tip on what to do to change this ?
Thanks

Hi Kipeta,

Congratulation for the great job. I just ordered the same Jetway barebone you have (great piece of hardware) with 2Go RAM and 2Go USB Key. Everything worked flawlessly after the installation...
in fact not completely flawlessly. My TEAC UD-501 DAC is limited to 48,000kHz which is very frustrating because I have a lot of HD files and DSD does not work as well. Any tip on what to do to change this ?
Thanks

Please send me the output from htpp://daphile/cgi-bin/audioinfo.cgi of your Daphile PC. Use the contact form on http://www.daphile.com and we can continue with email exchange.

I tried two notebooks today.
One Asus with dual core, sd etc. Booted properly, confugured and working perfect with my LM Server in the basement, remote with standard android sbt app.
I have waveIO-i2s-Buffalo 3. Sounds great.
SQ is much better than my SBT with Teddy ps, EDO plugin and some of TT 3.0 tweaks.

The second notebook MSI Wind with Atom, 32 Bit, - booted very long connection, no network connection (wired). Any hint ?
I was running on this netbook xp, w7, ubuntu and even osx, but Daphile don't want start. I will try another usb stick tomorrow.

Could it be the same problem as here: http://odkq.com/wind_u100.html#ethernet_nightmare
Try the power trick.

Problems with MSI Wind solved :)

I looked at the errors in the terminal (Alt+F1) and it was not possible write into /var etc, so i took another usb stick, created new 32 bit Daphile and now MSI Wind with Daphile works perfect. :)), but it looks that one more powerfull notebook which i tried yesterday sounded better (also using USB-WaveIO-I2S-Buffallo II), but i have to make more tests, anyway it sounds better than SBT/Edo using the same DAC chain.

I downloaded the Daphile ISO. Then downloaded Unetbooten and followed the instructions on "burning" the Daphile ISO to my USB stick with Unetbooten.

I stuck the Daphile USB stick into my old laptop and held down the F9 key while rebooting to access the boot menu, your laptop might be different. On the boot menu I selected "USB Disk" and hit Enter.

The small Daphile Progress Bar appeared and shortly afterward, "Web Access Ready" or something like that.

I then could access Daphile from another laptop and my wife's iPad and my Android tablet.

Good luck, Mack

Thanks mate. Did all that but computer didn't detect a USB drive in the boot options list.

Will try again later on the laptop.

Has worked on the 3 laptops I've tried it on.

When you plug the stick into a already running PC and open it, does the contents look like this?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I get all the folders except for the "music" one.

anyway it seems I have wrecked my laptop trying this! pressing f12 placed it in some weird Asus recovery mode and I can no longer load Windows no matter how many times I have restarted. it is attempting to recover my hard drive but keeps crashing. Christ, this is just my luck.

it gets worse. it has deleted my Windows 7 install and reverted to the factory Windows Vista! I lost my Windows 7 CD when i moved houses so I'm stuck with vista. My fan has gone berserk and is spinning out of control. it is frozen on a command line window so I can't check is out has deleted all my files.

print this post and stick it in your wall for when you are having a bad day