RaspyFi/Volumio - Turn raspberry Pi into Audiophile audio Player - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th July 2013, 06:52 AM   #31
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmito View Post
So the pi will not be a state of the art streamer, I don't think anyone expected that.
I do think that quite some people expected to end up with a quality streamer.
There are still many people around who believe the transport wouldn't make any difference, because everything is digital.

I do also think that throwing 35$ and hours of work out of the window
can be avoided, if you know what you're ending up with.

I havn't seen many people over here targeting midfi sound quality.

Anyhow. Enjoy.
Old 8th July 2013, 11:50 AM   #32
palmito is offline palmito  United States
diyAudio Member

The pi does serve other purposes, so I have a backup to my main system that doesn't sit in a drawer, it actually runs my planted aquarium lights/co2 setup. So for me at least, it was a worthwhile investment.

I probably should not have used "mid-fi" here, I should have said 'state of the art', for some people's set up it might just work fine for while, until they upgrade to something else. Which will happen to most people here even if they currently own 'state of the art" stuff!

Last edited by palmito; 8th July 2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 13th July 2013, 04:30 PM   #33
JLOP is offline JLOP  France
diyAudio Member

I'll get one, Either on the Pi or slightly bigger configuration. I am sure it will be a good device for my secondary portable system, thanks for sharing.
Old 10th August 2013, 01:50 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

Hi there!

Are you considering to port RaspiFy to Seagate Dockstar / GoFlex Net / Pogoplug E02 ?

Thanks in advance!
Old 19th August 2013, 09:01 AM   #35
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member

The Cubieboard looks like a good choice for an audio player since it has a SATA port and an S/PDIF output. Video outputs include VGA, so older LCD monitors could be dusted off and used for a dedicated display.

I will give RaspyFi a try. The WDTV Live plays most audio formats (including flac), but doesn't do gapless playback, and the user interface leaves a lot to be desired as an audio player.
Old 7th September 2013, 06:48 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Hi everyone, finally RaspyFi 1.0 is out...

The main update is a WebUi, which you can use from all your devices. iOS, Android, PC or MAC. You can use it to control playback and configure the device.

Plus, much of playback glitches have been solved. There's a rudimental Ramplay option, you can play now also AAC and ALAC and there's built it Webradio Support. It can also be used as an Airplay receiver... Not quite an audiophile mode, but sure it's confortable!

Here's a little preview of the WebUI:
RaspyFi Web Ui - Audiophile Linux on Raspberry Pi - YouTube

I do really look forward to hear what you think guys... Guess we took of all that can be done from the little PI...

RaspyFi 1.0 audiophile linux is out! - RaspyFi

So, there are quite good news to come... We're porting it to other, more powerful platform... Results are quite intriguing...
Old 7th September 2013, 07:11 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

Wow. The preview video looks impressive. I will be trying this shortly.

Thanks
Kyle
Old 7th September 2013, 07:30 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangus View Post
The Cubieboard looks like a good choice for an audio player since it has a SATA port and an S/PDIF output.
I think you mean the CubieTruck. Agreed - looks like a promising board for this type of application.

Kyle
Old 8th September 2013, 10:14 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

Just took a swing at firing this up.

I don't think that my DAC is supported. It's a MUSE USB + TOSLINK/SPDIF model that can act as a USB DAC or a standard one [LINK]. I don't see the USB chipset on the list. Hooked it up with the Pi's 3.5mm jack and it works just fine.

My USB stick also didn't show up. Playing the web radio stations works great. Very nice to have a set of high-quality stations pre-programmed.

First impressions are very good. I have been looking for a good use for my Pi and this might just be it.

Kyle
Old 8th September 2013, 10:18 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

Update on the USB stick: Went into the Database menu and hit refresh - the USB stick showed up and I can play the files.

KM

Hide this!Advertise here!