RaspyFi/Volumio - Turn raspberry Pi into Audiophile audio Player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Back! Yeah I agree to change the title to Volumio... Maybe the mods can help on that.

And, regarding Volumio for UDOO. Don't worry, the update is coming. I am just active on lot of fields right now... So, please be patient.
I have the 1.3 UDOO version ready, I'm just testing it prior to release. Pinocchio, you won't regret to have choosen it...

I was also asked for i2s output for UDOO. Unfortunately there is no i2s driver yet, hope that someone would hop on that and help...

Thanks, that is really appreciated! :D

Do

Hi Michelangeloz

Is Cubieboard3 / Cubietruck implementation within Volumio planned ? There is I2S capability, I do not know if useable. It is priced 96,5 € in France which seems competitive.

Anybody has an experience with this board ?
BR
Jean-Louis

Hardware Specs

1. AllWinnerTech SOC A20 ARM® Cortex™-A7 Dual-Core ARM® Mali400 MP2 Complies with OpenGL ES 2.0/1.1
  2. 1GB/2GB DDR3@480MHz
  3. HDMI&VGA 1080P display output on-board
  4. 10M/100M/1G Ethernet
  5. Wifi+BT wireless connection with antenna on-board
  6. SATA 2.0 interface support 2.5’ HDD (for 3.5’ HDD, only need another 12V power input)
  7. Storage solution NAND+MicroSD or TSD+ MicroSD or 2*MicroSD
  8. 2 x USB HOST 1 x OTG 1 x SPDIF 1 x IR 4 x LEDs 1 Headphone 3 x Keys
  9. Power DC5V @ 2.5A with HDD support Li-battery & RTC
  10. 54 extended pins including I2S, I2C, SPI, CVBS, LRADC x2,UART, PS2, PWMx2, TS/CSI, IRDA, LINEIN&FMIN&MICIN, TVINx4 with 2.0 pitch connectors
  11. PCB size 11cm *8cm*1.4mm very suitable for installing a 2.5’ HDD

Hi Michelangeloz

Is Cubieboard3 / Cubietruck implementation within Volumio planned ? There is I2S capability, I do not know if useable. It is priced 96,5 € in France which seems competitive.

Anybody has an experience with this board ?
BR
Jean-Louis

Hardware Specs

1. AllWinnerTech SOC A20 ARM® Cortex™-A7 Dual-Core ARM® Mali400 MP2 Complies with OpenGL ES 2.0/1.1
  2. 1GB/2GB DDR3@480MHz
  3. HDMI&VGA 1080P display output on-board
  4. 10M/100M/1G Ethernet
  5. Wifi+BT wireless connection with antenna on-board
  6. SATA 2.0 interface support 2.5’ HDD (for 3.5’ HDD, only need another 12V power input)
  7. Storage solution NAND+MicroSD or TSD+ MicroSD or 2*MicroSD
  8. 2 x USB HOST 1 x OTG 1 x SPDIF 1 x IR 4 x LEDs 1 Headphone 3 x Keys
  9. Power DC5V @ 2.5A with HDD support Li-battery & RTC
  10. 54 extended pins including I2S, I2C, SPI, CVBS, LRADC x2,UART, PS2, PWMx2, TS/CSI, IRDA, LINEIN&FMIN&MICIN, TVINx4 with 2.0 pitch connectors
  11. PCB size 11cm *8cm*1.4mm very suitable for installing a 2.5’ HDD

Hi all

no user for the Cubietruck ?

For udoo user I suggest to use the hidden usb port with your dac.
The connector is in the udoo starter kit but I thing it is avalaible also in udoo shop as single cable.
Pheraps it is only in my imaginary :) but I thing this is the more musically usb port in udoo.

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

I have a CuboxPro and Cubox-i4.
I am not aware of an I2S output, maybe internally (if you open and break it out).
For sure, there is a TOSLINK (optical S/PDIF) output.
I have tried:
- works but "strange":
- my TOSLINK receiver tells me: "signal with Emphasis" and
- I have to lower the volume drastically (SW Loudness), otherwise just distortions,
audio is not very loud then
BTW:
My Cubox-i4 comes with Android. I do not have found a way to configure TOSLINK audio out. I have installed XBMC for it, works, and I was able to configure once the audio to have TOSLINK working).

To try Volumio on Cubie would be nice.

Best regards
Torsten

Hi all

no user for the Cubietruck ?

The release for Udoo was ready, then I discovered a bug which required mpd to be recompiled (and for some reasons, it didn't recompile on my dev environment) so it is a little delayed.

After that I'm making the cubietruck porting, which is complete, exept for the kernel which I have to recompile, and throws errors which I have to further investigate...
So sorry pinocchio if I'm making you wait so long... But sure it will be worth it...

For udoo user I suggest to use the hidden usb port with your dac.
The connector is in the udoo starter kit but I thing it is avalaible also in udoo shop as single cable.
Pheraps it is only in my imaginary :) but I thing this is the more musically usb port in udoo.

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

Yes, I can confirm this. Also, for a really strange reason, it is the USB port which can be handled by jack audio server in pre-emptive mode...
Maybe if we look at the schematics we can understand why...

The release for Udoo was ready, then I discovered a bug which required mpd to be recompiled (and for some reasons, it didn't recompile on my dev environment) so it is a little delayed.

After that I'm making the cubietruck porting, which is complete, exept for the kernel which I have to recompile, and throws errors which I have to further investigate...
So sorry pinocchio if I'm making you wait so long... But sure it will be worth it...

Thanks! :D

Tracking down noise sources on a Raspberry Pi | Crazy Audio

I run the Raspberry Pi as a high-end network player directly with Ethernet cable via a power-line adapter.
I was initially a little sceptical, but after I have tested different USB with external Jitterkiller and Isolator on the Laptop, I changed to the Raspbi.
Sounds good. The DAC hardware is also just the finest.
I do not need special drivers, because the DAC has its own controller. Just one input configured as I2S for Raspbi .

There is no problems with Noise, although my quick and dirty measurement set-up is not really beautiful. I was really surprised because I had expected more noise.
The test signal (2 kHz WAV with-1dBFs) was played over the network.

Attachments

• RaspBi-AKOUO Reference DAC.jpg
    RaspBi-AKOUO Reference DAC.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 1,026
  • thd-2k-streaming.jpg
    thd-2k-streaming.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 932
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.