HT Sound card

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Was just wondering if there is a proper HT dedicated pcie sound card with analogue out, preferably rca's. Got the HDAV1.3 at the moment, and there is nothing really wrong with it, just a few features like time delay and general flexibility would be nice. Considering the Onkyo 300, but not sure how much benefit it'd yeild if any and it seems pcie sound cards get alot of mixed reviews, they were just for stereo use to be fair, but I have to be a cheap usb "dac destroyer" does sound noticeably better than the HDAV1.3 on the stereo front.

SoundBlaster PCIe Fatal1ty

I bought a SoundBlaster PCIe Fatal1ty audio card for my HTPC. It can output 2.1 or 5.1 audio. It also has Optical In/Out. The analog outputs are PC typical 3.5mm jacks. Since my Control Amp (Sony TA-2000ESD) has optical in/out connections, it won't take up a set of tape loop jacks on the Control Amp. You can buy the basic sound card NEW on E-bay for approx $75.

MLStrand56

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.